Triple H? Um... Where you at?!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

prodigyx911

Reaction score
What happened to HHH?

Totally confused. I know he's been out since April with an arm injury, but I would think he's be back by now. I mean, look at Edge. He was injured July of last year and came back in January...
And when he does come back, how do you think he'll make his return? I hope it's not another Royal Rumble comeback. Again, look at Edge.

My thoughts? I hope he comes back in the VERY near future. I'm hoping TLC. Probably not gonna happen, but I can dream. And when he does come back: Heel turn. Hunter, we know you're McMahon's son-in-law and we know you're job is sealed. So do some DAMAGE!

Opinions?

...god...

Reaction score
I wonder this every single night as I pray to my Triple H shrine (an old "The Game" shirt pinned on my wall). I have passed the point of Triple H withdrawls, I need him back. :(

...god...

Reaction score
Also, he'll return at the Rumble, when Sheamus is in and then it will go down. They'll both eliminate each other.

Reaction score
He's uhhhhhh!!! Sitting at home-uhhhh!!!!! Scarfing donuts-uhhhhhh!!!

...god...

Reaction score
He looked really ripped when he faced Del Rio.

Veritas

Reaction score
Absense does indeed make the heart grow fonder. When Triple H makes his big return it's going to be a big deal, people will go nuts, and at least for awhile, they may sell a few more tickets here and there.

And yet, with all that, WWE still won't take John Cena off TV for even at least a few weeks to sell a stip.

Montana

Reaction score
Absense does indeed make the heart grow fonder. When Triple H makes his big return it's going to be a big deal, people will go nuts, and at least for awhile, they may sell a few more tickets here and there.

And yet, with all that, WWE still won't take John Cena off TV for even at least a few weeks to sell a stip.

That's exactly why i think he's staying out a little extra longer. He wants fans to really miss him, so he's not as stale. So he doesn't have to squash half the roster, and put over a handful of guys, who probably don't deserve it.

I think he's coming back at the rumble.

...god...

Reaction score
I think the "mind games" will start after Sheamus wins the King of the Ring and you'll start to know that he's coming back so people will tune in to RR to see it.

Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with Trips, I don't. But everytime he's gone, I don't miss him and find myself most interested in the E when he's on hiatus. If he comes back to lay down for Sheamus to cement the Irish Rooster's spot and have some good matches while at it, I'm all for it. As far as he being a regular presence and/or a champion again, no, I don't want to see that. I'm having fun seeing new and different champs in (except for Swagger) Miz, Kane, Sheamus and possibly later down the line in Barrett and Del Rio. I don't want to see Trip's 13th-17th title reigns, I don't want to see anymore Trips-Orton matches, I don't want to see nor does the company need any of it's young talent to be losing to Triple H.

The company is in the midst of a young talent initiative, guys like Miz, Sheamus, Morrison, Barret and the Nexus, Dragon, Ziggler and so on are having so much time invested in them and really, things are as good now as they were when he was there. If he comes back to give rubs to Miz and Sheamus, GOOD. If he comes back, runs through Sheamus and takes the belt from Miz to feud with Cena or Orton, BAD. He can do either one of two things; help take the E another step forward or make them back peddle the five steps forward they have taken since his absence and I completely fear the later thought since there is no side project to keep him occupied the way DX kept him in the limelight but away from where he isn't needed. I fear we might get a repeat of his awful Smackdown run and the boredom of his return to Raw and the Orton feud.

There was once a time for him as a top guy, but now he can be a special attraction type guy. Wrestle two-three feuds a year, work 6 months out of the year, get a big pop and payday, then leave before the welcome is worn out. I know Trips has a great mind and respect for the business, but this is the true telling point of the man, is he in it for the best interest of the WWE or Triple H? Will he be remembered as the guy who did the right thing in his later years and helped create new stars or is he the prick that he was in 02-05 but even worse since he isn't as relevant as he was then?

I know people will counter my Trips arguments with "why is it ok for Taker to go over young guys and stay on top into his 40's"? Why? Because Taker is the longest tenured guy on the roster. Taker is a locker room leader. Taker has never been accused of going into business for himself or used his stroke to keep his spot. Taker is a bigger draw, his annual match at Mania is one of the shows drawing points and he is a special attraction in his own right, he is seriously as close as the E has had to Andre the Giant in terms of reverence and appeal since that mutant Frenchman stomped in the ring. Trips is a legend in his own right, but he isn't Taker, fans have never tired of Taker.

CMS

Reaction score
I actually think we saw the beginnings of HHH stepping aside during 2009. Sure, he was mostly all over Raw with his DX antics, but it would be dumb to have HBK and HHH in the most over angle in the entire company not getting decent TV time. However, he was in just 2 title matches during the time span between Summerslam....and Wrestlemania. He even accepted (because you know he had a role on it) a midcard match at Mania.

prodigyx911

Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with Trips, I don't. But everytime he's gone, I don't miss him and find myself most interested in the E when he's on hiatus. If he comes back to lay down for Sheamus to cement the Irish Rooster's spot and have some good matches while at it, I'm all for it. As far as he being a regular presence and/or a champion again, no, I don't want to see that. I'm having fun seeing new and different champs in (except for Swagger) Miz, Kane, Sheamus and possibly later down the line in Barrett and Del Rio. I don't want to see Trip's 13th-17th title reigns, I don't want to see anymore Trips-Orton matches, I don't want to see nor does the company need any of it's young talent to be losing to Triple H.

The company is in the midst of a young talent initiative, guys like Miz, Sheamus, Morrison, Barret and the Nexus, Dragon, Ziggler and so on are having so much time invested in them and really, things are as good now as they were when he was there. If he comes back to give rubs to Miz and Sheamus, GOOD. If he comes back, runs through Sheamus and takes the belt from Miz to feud with Cena or Orton, BAD. He can do either one of two things; help take the E another step forward or make them back peddle the five steps forward they have taken since his absence and I completely fear the later thought since there is no side project to keep him occupied the way DX kept him in the limelight but away from where he isn't needed. I fear we might get a repeat of his awful Smackdown run and the boredom of his return to Raw and the Orton feud.

There was once a time for him as a top guy, but now he can be a special attraction type guy. Wrestle two-three feuds a year, work 6 months out of the year, get a big pop and payday, then leave before the welcome is worn out. I know Trips has a great mind and respect for the business, but this is the true telling point of the man, is he in it for the best interest of the WWE or Triple H? Will he be remembered as the guy who did the right thing in his later years and helped create new stars or is he the prick that he was in 02-05 but even worse since he isn't as relevant as he was then?

I know people will counter my Trips arguments with "why is it ok for Taker to go over young guys and stay on top into his 40's"? Why? Because Taker is the longest tenured guy on the roster. Taker is a locker room leader. Taker has never been accused of going into business for himself or used his stroke to keep his spot. Taker is a bigger draw, his annual match at Mania is one of the shows drawing points and he is a special attraction in his own right, he is seriously as close as the E has had to Andre the Giant in terms of reverence and appeal since that mutant Frenchman stomped in the ring. Trips is a legend in his own right, but he isn't Taker, fans have never tired of Taker.

I agree with not wanting another HHH-Orton feud because that is VERY obvious and would be VERY boring. But when you say 'Taker's a bigger draw' I disagree. Undertaker's getting old (in my opinion) and I don't wait for Mania just to see him beat a younger guy that never had a chance to begin with. I understand his phenomena and his appeal, but c'mon. Just because he's been in the business for over 20 years doesn't mean he should last forever. Shawn Micheals was still one of the top stars when he retired, and he could've stayed and STILL been a top star. I can't remember HBK coming back from injury for a month and then taking MORE time off.

I've got nothing against Taker, but I don't miss him at all. I never know when he's on Smackdown or when he's inactive. If fans realize that you'd rather be home with Michelle McCool, then out doing your job, I think you should do something. I think Taker should retire and take his place in the Hall Of Fame. Then you don't have to recycle storylines over and over... and over.

noumenon

Reaction score
The only problem I have with HHH's absence at this point is that is seems they're delaying Sheamus because of it. Over the past few months it really does seem as if anything Sheamus could be doing has been stalled because of the obvious "HHH gets redemption" feud that's soon to ensue. The obvious segway into it would be Sheamus winning KOTR and then going on to face...DA KING OF KINGS.
Trips did however look massively out of shape in his little bout with Alberto, like shockingly small and large in all the wrong places. Hopefully he's taking this time to get back into ring ready shape.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Triple H doesn't really bother me that much. Granted, I have the same issue as everyone else that nobody wants to see Triple H come back to run through all the established heels like he always does. That would be worst comeback ever, coming in and single handedly destroying Nexus, Sheamus & The Miz in one night when nobody else on the roster could. Not even Super Cena.

WWE Booking 101 says that when Triple H returns, he's going to win to his return feud. It's just a given. So God help Sheamus. Maybe in Japan they have guys like Kenta Kobashi and Jushin Liger make epic returns only to lose their return match in order to put the younger guys over, but that doesn't happen in the WWE.

CMS

Reaction score
Besides, WWE needs Triple H. In this point right now, they need HHH strong. They need that ratings bump that HHH returning would give them, that possible buyrate increase by people wanting to see him win. The draw that he will create if strong.

After being destroyed by Sheamus, he needs to come back and win. For the sake of the business. Maybe if Batista, HBK and others were still around, WWE could afford HHH jobbing to Sheamus for the sake of jobbing, but not right now.