Tribute To The Troops 2017 Location and Date Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
WWE will hold Tribute to the Troops next year on Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 from the Pearl Harbor-Hickam Joint Base in Hawaii.

There will not be tickets sold for the show but admission will be granted to people with military identification, which is how military personnel and their families currently gain access to WWE’s yearly special. WWE expects a crowd of 50,000 past or present military service members and their families and would be able to accommodate more if need be.

The switch is being made based on WWE’s recent success in Honolulu as well as a way to give back to the troops of the United States military. The company also wanted to make Tribute to the Troops a military exclusive event once again.

The special is expected to air on Dec. 13, 2017.

Source: Wrestling News World

This I am excited about, as it is the perfect location for the show. Pearl Harbor's significance to America and it's history has almost no bounds as the attacks in 1941 are what got the US involved in World War II, and The Rock just hosted a concert special kinda thing at that exact location, so I know that there won't be any issue finding a place to set up the ring, entrance stage, etc. there, not to mention it actually being a successful show. To combat the ratings and viewership issue the show has been having, I would advertise a big name (The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, etc.) or at least a major match, something to get people to care enough to watch as this year's viewership was rather low compared to what WWE would usually get. I'm also excited to see that WWE is going back to holding the show at actual military bases.