Traci Brooks on TNA: "They just need another show"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
Brooks had some moments in the company that seemed to stop abruptly. She talks about them including her quick TNA Knockout Law gimmick. James points out that one of TNA's biggest strengths is sometimes a drawback - abundance of talent. With so many stars looking for a place to work, it sometimes seems like there are too many big names for TNA to focus on. Because of this, angles and storylines can get sent to the backburner too soon. The two discuss what can be done about that and as the Club WWI interview continues, Brooks gives a unique view on what they need:

"Yeah. I just wish TNA would get another show. I think, hands down, TNA has some of the best talent. I really do. I love the fact that they're doing the whole 'wrestling matters" thing because it's the exact opposite of the other company and I think it's really neat. They just need more time. I think that's all TNA needs is just another show."

Do you agree?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
"Yeah. I just wish TNA would get another show. I think, hands down, TNA has some of the best talent. I really do. I love the fact that they're doing the whole 'wrestling matters" thing because it's the exact opposite of the other company and I think it's really neat. They just need more time. I think that's all TNA needs is just another show."

Do you agree?

The bolded part is where she loses me. TNA have claimed that wrestling matters yet I have seen no change in their product and wrestling doesn't matter on IMPACT Wrestling.

TNA could use another show or they should release a chunk of their roster since currently they don't have enough time for storylines for every wrestler on the roster.

Lucky

Reaction score
That and from what I've read online they're averaging under 30 minutes of actual wrestling for every episode of Impact. Tough to see Wrestling Matters when you're using 1/3 of your time in the ring with action going on.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Wrestling mattered, Impact would show more than 30 minutes of actual wrestling.

They don't need another show, they need common sense.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They need proper bookers again and someone in charge who understands what value is. Scott D'Amore back in the booking team would be good he made the KO's division the most popular division in TNA at the time. Too many changes need to be made and they won't happen whilst Dixie Carter owns the company.

Reaction score
TNA needs to get rid of most of their talking and maybe they can fill 10 good matches on their show. TNA could use another show but will they keep it on the same network? I think TNA needs to find a regular TV channel that will broadcast them such as Fox CBS CW anything. Because TNA is not PG and shows blood and violence it may or may not be a drawback. MTV tres airs the Spanish broadcasted version of Impact! and I don't know how the numbers look but it was a brillient idea. So maybe give them a show on MTV or something that may help use all of their talent and give them more publicity.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
MTV already has a wrestling show Lucha USA or something.

TNA needs to grasp the basic formula of booking a show that makes actual sense. Adding a new show would just further burnout their booking committee and further plunge the product.

A new show would just guarantee another Russo/Bischoff storyline that involves everyone, since that is the type of stories they love doing because it requirres less effort.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah, they don't really have enough talent under contract for another show, Impact already lasts two hours and that is plenty for what they have. Until that show improves in the ratings, it would be madness to add another one hour or two hours of free television a week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I did a quick count of the roster just then and I came up with 52 wrestlers on TNA's roster. I think that is plenty of talent to cover another show especially if it was only a one hour addition. If UFC do leave SpikeTV in the near future then I think it is almost guaranteed that TNA will be given another show to help cover the loss of UFC.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I can see what you are saying Troy, but at a time where TNA are already throwing away millions week on week, I just think it would be silly to add to that. Don't think they need another show, just need to focus on making Impact more interesting, and to really push the ppv's, and make sure those are the events that count.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But maybe if they have this extra hour they can slow things down on Impact and not try to jam everyone on the roster onto a two hour show. An extra show would cost them more but I think it would rate high enough that they could make money from it. It would allow them to utilise their whole roster and build every division to hopefully entice more fans to purchase the PPVs.

rcoot93

Reaction score
they need to show more wrestling on impact and turn xplosion into a prime to show on another night (tuesday?) and feature on it talent not shown on impact like red and have diifrerent storylines etc.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Xplosion isn't on Spike's radar.

TNa's soluions need a books worth of problem solvers.