• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Top three?

Reaction score
I've seen alot on this forum about favorite wrestlers so I'm wondering what is everyones top three wrestling match up types? It can be anything, TLC, Tables, Singles, Iron Man Tag Team, but you have to give an example or two of each match. It's your choice, here is my favorite three,

Three - Ladder Match

Summerslam 1998 - The Rock vs Triple H

I first saw this on VHS back in 2000, maybe 2001. And it was epic. Everyone says that Triple H didn't really brake out till he fought Cactus Jack in 2000 but with this match i debate it.

No Mercy 1999 - The New Brood (Matt and Jeff Hardy) vs Edge and Christian

I first saw this match on VHS back in 2001 and watching it I thought wow. Like what the X Division done to make me watch TNA so did this match for WWE. Ever since then I've been a fan of Matt, Jeff, Edge and Christian

Two - Ultimate X

Destination X 2010 - Motor City Machineguns vs Generation Me

I saw this match about two hours ago and it's going to stick in my mind for years to come. These four men put on an excelent match, and to Generation Me's credit, although it was there first Ultimate X, they werent scared and the match was flowing freely and excelently.

Bound For Glory 2009 - Amazing Red vs Homicide vs Danials vs Suicide vs Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin

Anyone will tell you that a match with Amazing Red in it, is awesome and this was no exception but it wasn't just him, everyone in this match done excellent. Anytime the Machineguns are in a match they bring tag team excellent. This match also showed how good the X Division is.

One - Tables, Ladders and Chairs (Oh my!)

Wrestlemania X-seven - Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz

Saw this and like my previous match that involved Edge and Christian and the Hardy's it was wow. X-seven saw the end of the attitude era and what a way for it to go. You had a 25ft swanton bomb, Lita getting powerbombed through a table and the best tag team since the Road Warriors win the titles.

SummerSlam 2000 - Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy's

All I have to say is read above, this was the first ever TLC and it was amazing. It really showed us what was possible in matches like this. Yet again the best team since the Road Warriors won the best, simply amazing.

Reaction score
As for MCMG, their X title match at Genesis 09 was amazing. I was there and even though it was a typical small TNA crowd, we were all hot for it and eating it up.

Doomsday

Reaction score
1. Battle Royale
(Nothing beats a battle royale, but only if they weren't so damned predictable)
2. Hell in a Cell
3. Tables

Reaction score
This is a good question...
Hmmm...good tag wrestling:
Brainbusters/Rockers
Stieners/Sting-Luger- if you haven't seen it, go track it down
Midnight Express vs. Rock and Roll Express- anyone of 'em
any combination of Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada and Taue

Wargames:
Dangerous Alliance vs. Sting, Nikita, Dustin Rhodes, Steamer and Windham
Horsemen vs. Sting, Stieners, and Pillman- the one where dipshit Sid nearly kills Pillman with those sick powerbombs

Triple Threats:
HBK-HHH-Benoit
Dragon-Daniels-Low Ki
AJ-Joe-Daniels, but the one above from RoH's first show was better
Benoit-Jericho-Angle

Jaybsty

Reaction score
This is a good question...
Hmmm...good tag wrestling:
Brainbusters/Rockers
Stieners/Sting-Luger- if you haven't seen it, go track it down
Midnight Express vs. Rock and Roll Express- anyone of 'em
any combination of Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada and Taue

Wargames:
Dangerous Alliance vs. Sting, Nikita, Dustin Rhodes, Steamer and Windham
Horsemen vs. Sting, Stieners, and Pillman- the one where dipshit Sid nearly kills Pillman with those sick powerbombs

Triple Threats:
HBK-HHH-Benoit
Dragon-Daniels-Low Ki
AJ-Joe-Daniels, but the one above from RoH's first show was better
Benoit-Jericho-Angle

If you liked the bolded one you need to see the Steiners vs. Bret and Owen. Even better and the greatest tag team match i've ever seen.