Top Ten Albums of 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Miss Kittin - Calling from the Stars
2. Mazzy Star - Seasons of the Day
3. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
4. Janelle Monae - Electric Lady
5. Julia Holter - Loud City Song
6. Neko Case - The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You
7. David Bowie - The Next Day
8. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
9. Yo La Tengo - Fade
10. Various Artists - 20 Jahre Kompakt

So what are your favourite Albums from the past year?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol funny I was actually planning on making this thread myself after going over the album I listened to this year. Some of these are mixtapes but still might as well be albums. The order isn't concrete and I have mostly just been a hip hop head this year so the whole list is just hip hop for me.

1. Childish Gambino - Because The Internet - The concepts and undertones of this album is what helps it get to number 1 for me. Just seems like he really put a lot of thought into this esp considering the fact he made a script to go with the project. Think it is an album that even a non hip hop fan could appreciate due to the type of production on this that is different from your usual hip hop album and due to the storytelling done on this too.
2. Rapsody - She Got Game - To me this is one of the more slept on projects of the year. Woman did an amazing job with what was too good just to be a mixtape as there wasn't a single song on this that I didn't like which is rare. Could have very easily been on top of my list.
3. Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire - Kismet - Like above this could have easily been number 1 as well. Not really any below average or bad songs on this. Guy pretty much has his own interesting lane of the smart hoodlum and something I think most hip hop fans should give a listen to.
4. J. Cole - Born Sinner- Probably would have been my album of the year at the time I listened to it but has slipped some but still love this album. Great production and lyrics and unlike the album before it there aren't any forced radio hits he just let it come natural this time so was a step up from his debut album. I think if he focused more on the concept of the album this could have been the best one.
5. Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap - Became one of my favorite artist this year with this mixtape and you can't really find another artist like him as he purely has his own sound. Probably in the perfect spot as I couldn't put it any higher or lower.
6. Troy Ave - New York City The Album - Anyone who is a fan of that gritty vintage NY sound should listen to this. He pretty much offers everything you could want in a NY street rapper in this project if you've felt that is what has been missing.
7. Tyler The Creator - Wolf - To me this is easily his most well rounded album of his young career. You get everything on this from silly, somber, anger, etc.
8. Run The Jewels (Killer Mike & EL-P) - Run The Jewels - Very under the radar album that I just found out about the other day and liked it a lot. If I sat with it more it might go higher on the list for me.
9. Fabulous - The Soul Tape 3 - Will admit Fab was a rapper I was sleeping on for a while not fully appreciating how good he is but have got into him more these past few years and this mixtape just helps that even more. To me this is the best of the soul tape series and pretty high for me on all his mixtapes period.
10. Lloyd Banks - All or Nothing Vol. 1: Failure’s No Option. - Nothing really blew me away on this so could fall out of my top 10 if I thought about it but same time everything basically solid or better on this and can listen to the whole thing without skipping.

Honorable mentions:
Fat Joe - The Darkside 3
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Pete Rock & Camp Lo - 80 Blocks From Tiffany’s Pt. II
Joey Bada$$ - Summer Knights
Pusha T - My Name is my name

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Korn - The Paradigm Shift
Alter Bridge - Fortress
Brandy Clark - 12 Stories
Alan Jackson - Bluegrass Album
Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt
Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park
Ashley Monroe - Like A Rose
Brad Paisley - Wheelhouse

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
1. Arcade Fire - Reflektor
2. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
3. Haim - Days Are Gone
4. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
5. Arctic Monkeys - AM
6. Milo Greene - Milo Greene
7. Paul McCartney - New
8. Jagwar Ma - Howlin'
9. The Strokes - Comedown Machine
10. Local Natives - Hummingbird

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't get many albums this year...

1. Korn-Paradigm Shift
2. Matt Mays-Coyote

Outside of them I also got a chance to listen to the new Bowie, and Zombie albums, but compared to the rest of their respective libraries, they both came off a little weak.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hate to be that guy, but i don't have 10 so i just did my top 5. Maybe tomorrow I'll see whats on my ipod that came out for 2013 and add them in.

1. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience Part One - JT came back with a bang, this has that great party/ relax at home feel for me and every song feels like it's two tracks mixed back to time. I can honestly say this is my fav JT album ever, it just beat out FutureSexLovesounds but not so much. Some of my fav tracks on this are. Pusher Love Girl, Strawberry Bubblegum, Tunnel Vision, Spaceship Coupe, That Girl, Let the Groove Get In & Dress On. But imo the album doesn't even have a skippible song, some are like meh but I wouldn't skip them.

2. Kanye West, Yeezus – you either love this or hate it, well I’m one of those that absolutely adore this album. Its Kanye not sticking to the mold of “Rapper/Hip Hop” artist doing the same old stuff, he went outside the box and it worked. And I don’t get how people are shocked by this. Look at the last 3 albums he’s been changing his style and it works. Idk I’ve listen to this I wanna say 15 all in my Dre Beats headphones and the beats are insane, and its prob just me but I could listen to Kanye talking about give white woman his dick on songs all day. It’s just hilarious. My fav tracks off this are On Sight, I Am A God, Hold My Liquor, I'm In It & Bound 2. Just like the JT album its got some meh stuff but I wouldn't skip it.

3. Mack Wilds, New York A Love Story – This is the surprise of the year no the decade. The guy off 90210 and the Wire does music. Well it’s true he does and it’s a undercover smash, it’s R&B music over dope old school hip hop tracks. It’s got that old New York feel to it. Some of my fav tracks off this are, Wild Things, My Crib, Henny, Own It, Magic, U Can Cry to Me, Don't Turn Me Down, NY Love Story & Remember the Time. It another one of those albums that doesn’t have a skippable song on it, I urge all R&B fans to go listen to it now.

4. Childish Gambino, Because The Internet – Oh yeah I knew this was gonna be something else and it was. The days leading up to the release I watched a ton of Donald Glover interviews and in all of them he brought up how much of a fan he is of Kanye so I was expecting some of the insane beats to go along with the nerd rap that Gambino provides and boy was I not wrong. Some of my fav tracks off this are, WORLDSTAR, The Worst Guys, Shadows, Telegraph Ave (Oakland by Lloyd) & Life: The Biggest Troll :mark:

5. Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience Part Two – A little a bit of a step down from part one, but still something I can listen to without a doubt and not skip a track. Fav tracks are, Cabaret, TKO, Take Back The Night & Only When I Walk Away

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Website
mobile.twitter.com
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
aliciafox2
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
gailkim2
Favorite Wrestler
kharma
No real order, just writting them as I remember them.

Emmelie Deforst - only tear drops
Lady Gaga - Artpop
Cher -closer to the truth
Demi Lovato - Demi
Birdy - Fire within
Little Mix - salute
Jessie J - Alive