Top 5 Oldest World Champions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Destination X | Mar. 11/07 | Rhino vs. Styles in Elevation X

In my opinion, worst match ever. But we will see I guess.

[YT]qUaemk_lthU[/YT]

Truth

Reaction score
Not only is Rhino a stepping stone, TNA wont risk there golden boy falling from such dangerous heights.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
5 Oldest World Champions

Found this interesting so I thought I'd share it.

After Thursday's TNA World title win in Fayetteville, North Carolina, it appears as though Sting is now the fifth oldest man to ever hold a World title.

The oldest would be Verne Gagne at 55, then Vince McMahon at 54, followed by Terry Funk at 53 and Nick Bockwinkel at 52. Sting is now 51. Coincidentally, this is the same age Ric Flair was stripped of his last World title.

Other older World champions that Sting has surpassed include Hulk Hogan at 48, Lou Thesz at 46 and Jerry Lynn at 46.
1. Verne Gagne was 55 years, 2 months, and 3 weeks old when he lost the AWA World Title for the last time
2. Vince McMahon was 54 years, and 3 weeks old when he won/lost the WWF World Title
3. Terry Funk was 53 years, 1 month, 1 week, and 3 days old when he lost the ECW World Title
4. Nick Bockwinkel was 52 years, 4 months, 3 weeks and 5 days when he lost the AWA Title for the last time
5. Sting was 51 years, 11 months, and 4 days old when he won the TNA Title this past Thursday

That surpassing the old holder of the record:

Ric Flair who was 51 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, and 6 days old

Vince McMahon was 61 years old when he lost the ECW Title back in 2007 but the reason that he is not the oldest World Title holder is because the at the time he won the ECW Title it was not considered a World Title.

I'm also gonna work on a 5 Youngest World Champions Thread but its gonna be awhile before I am able to figure out who they were.