Top 5 in ring workers in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Sin Cara is AWFUL Dylan! Nearly killed Ziggler in MITB!

1. Daniel Bryan

(Putting the rest down here cause they don't comes close to D-Bry)
2. Ziggler
3. Punk
4. Christian
5. Jericho

Jericho hasn't been up to his standard tbh and I don't actually know if he should be on this list but I can't really think of anyone else that's more deserving, maybe Cody Rhodes? Anyway thats my current list, only to do with what they've done lately otherwise the likes of Cena and Mysterio would definitely be in there, probably top two.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Sorry, I actually enjoyed Punk's work with everyone not named Bryan more than I liked Bryan's work with everyone not name Punk.

Really, the only Bryan/Sheamus match I liked was the 3-falls match, and that had as much to do with the simplistic storytelling of the match than it did the actual filler performance in the match...

...that's NOT to say I'm not a huge Bryan fan and he's not easily my favorite character to watch at the moment... but, overall, Punk had the better year, imo. We can go back to Royal Rumble when Punk was running through anyone he could and making it look easy. We can look at the fact that Jericho has been virtually invisible without Punk and how awesome their matches were despite the horrible build and botched end to the feud. I'm more-so waiting for Bryan to have his defining match in the WWE, whereas I know Punk has had 'em. Tell me, honestly, that you have watched more than 2 Punk matches this year that you didn't enjoy... I'm not saying call 'em all classics... just, tell me you've not enjoyed 2+ Punk matches...

Bias tho? If I was biased towards anyone, it'd be The Miz... and his name is nowhere near my list... but if I did one of those make-believe lists you did, I'd have Miz a lot higher than most of the jabronis you put on yours... but even that wouldn't be biased. Aside from not catching Truth and then having Triple H squash his career the past year... Miz > 95% of the roster.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Lennie said:
Sin Cara is AWFUL Dylan! Nearly killed Ziggler in MITB!

Ziggler's didn't position his arm right, and they both took a tumble. That botch was Ziggler's fault. Plus everything was botched in that match. Not defending the majority of his WWE run, 'cause it was pretty bad for awhile in terms of him botching and everything. But he actually found a pretty nice groove since his return and color change. Now if they'd just get rid of those stupid lights...

I voted for him based off his international work anyway, in which he certainly showed a lot more than in WWE.

...god...

Reaction score
Ziggler's didn't position his arm right, and they both took a tumble. That botch was Ziggler's fault. Plus everything was botched in that match. Not defending the majority of his WWE run, 'cause it was pretty bad for awhile in terms of him botching and everything. But he actually found a pretty nice groove since his return and color change. Now if they'd just get rid of those stupid lights...

I voted for him based off his international work anyway, in which he certainly showed a lot more than in WWE.
No, it wasn't. That was Sin Cara's fault. It was his footing, you always wait for your opponent to be on the be FULLY planted on the top rope (or at least give him time and room.. which he didn't) before you jump up and execute the suplex.. he moved his feet way too early and literally blocked Ziggler's foot from reaching the rope. He's always in too much of a fuckin hurry for everything.

[yt]lgLTwWA6JYc[/yt]

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Ziggler's arm was still positioned wrong and it looked like his foot just slipped. It wasn't supposed to be a suplex, even though Ziggler putting his arm over Cara's head made it seem that way.

...god...

Reaction score
O, that was probably the fuck up then, miscommunication on both people's fault. I was just gonna say the reason Sin Cara fucks up so much is cus he can't speak English so he can't call his spots. Ziggler probably assumed suplex.. I mean what else was Sin Cara going for? Paul Burchill's C4 shit off the top rope?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
O, that was probably the fuck up then, miscommunication on both people's fault. I was just gonna say the reason Sin Cara fucks up so much is cus he can't speak English so he can't call his spots. Ziggler probably assumed suplex.. I mean what else was Sin Cara going for? Paul Burchill's C4 shit off the top rope?

Yeah, I can buy that Ziggler just thought wrong and they both kinda screwed up. And he actually was going for the top rope C4! Haha. He did it when he debuted but switched to La Mistica once he started getting into feuds and stuff, probably to prevent botches like that, lol.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That's exactly what it was and that's exactly what Ziggler prepped for. Cara DID rush it. And then when he realized he fucked up himself, he tried to rush further and force the move...

Ziggler wasn't at fault there. He got prepped for the move as best he could in the rushed manner it was in.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Flywalker, we all saw Ziggler's arm draped over Cara's head, in a suplex position. That's not the same way you prep for a Flipping Uranage.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
G1, go watch Christian/Miz from SD this week. Best match of the week, and definitely Christian's best match this year. Best Miz match possibly EVER. Christian also had that GREAT fatal four way number one contender's match with Ziggler, Swagger, and Khali about a month ago on Raw.

edit, here:

[yt]AagjTHEeSD8[/yt]

[yt]kx7o3Sh2wS0[/yt]

...god...

Reaction score
Ya, I actually just saw it, completely forgot about SD. That match was awesome.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Flywalker, we all saw Ziggler's arm draped over Cara's head, in a suplex position. That's not the same way you prep for a Flipping Uranage.

You put your arm over the shoulder... there's only so many places it is going to lay... behind the head being one of the main ones... and Ziggler, as I said, was PREPPING for the move... Sin Cara was rushing/slipping himself, and they tumbled because of it.

Reaction score
what was the plan main event for WM 23? Hogan/Cena? Or something. And btw you said you actually liked Christian not too long ago... you said you liked him but he's just overrated in another thread.

It was supposed to be HHH/Cena 2. Trips ripped a quad. Insert HBK, automatically a better match.

And I do like Christian and I do find him over rated and don't think he's a top five WWE worker. Savvy?

Reaction score
1. Alicia Fox (How many people can say they carried Melina to a 5 star match?)

2. Great Khali (I mean five star matches with John Cena, Batista, and Undertaker, good God Khali is amazing)

3. Kelly Kelly (Every single thing she does looks crisp)

4. John Laurinitis (Carried John Cena to the best match of his career at Over The Limit)

5. Kaitlyn (Maxine knew it was all downhill after her amazing match with Kaitlyn from NXT Season 3 which is why she quit)

Honorable Mentions: Eve Torres (probably the best striker in WWE period), Mason Ryan (such cat like agility), and Ryback (the reason no one above local jobber level wants to wrestle him is because they know they would be outclassed in every conceivable way)

...god...

Reaction score
It was supposed to be HHH/Cena 2. Trips ripped a quad. Insert HBK, automatically a better match.

And I do like Christian and I do find him over rated and don't think he's a top five WWE worker. Savvy?
You just said "I don't like him. I won't hide it."..