Top 15 Comedy Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Sorry for not getting the list up today. Will put ten up tomorrow had a long day at work then went to see a movie with the wife. Just got home. Will get them up when I wake up.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

George Carlin

carlin.jpg

George Carlin was probably one of the funniest guys that lived. He was in few movies that I believe propelled him into this list. He was the time traveler Rufus that helped a yound Keanu Reeves in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure along with the sequel and the cartoon. Carlin seemed to be a good friend with Kevin smith because he not only landed a role in Dogma he also got a small role in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Carlin also had a role in Scary Movie 3. Carlin also was on 2 kids shows one as the Narrator for Thomas the Train and as the conductor on the Shining Time Station. Carlin also had his own tv show named after himself. So as for things that you can and can not say on TV we give you George Carlin number 15.

John Ritter

jrtrib2a.jpg

Everyone's favorite roommate John Ritter. John shot to fame on Three's Company where he was a roommate with two females. Ritter pretended to be gay to get the room. What a concept for the 70's and it even created a spinoff called Three's a crowd with Ritter in it. Sadly to say it didn't last long. He then moved out and landed a Problem Child not once but twice. John chased a clown in Steven King's IT. John got sucked into a TV with Don Knotts on Stay Tuned. John had a few other TV show misfires until he landed on 8 Simple Rules in which he got sick on set and was rushed to the hospital and died. We all loved Jack Tripper and for this John you have been given number 14.

Robin Williams

Robin_Williams.jpg

Robin Williams is like rubber you can throw him and he keeps coming back with something else. Williams started as an alien on Mork and Mindy. Was a radio host on Good Morning Vietnam. He stood on desks in Dead Poets Society. Robin donned on a tight green suit and flew as Peter Pan in Hook.
Robin voiced a the Geenie in Alladin and got into a fight with Disney and didn't work with them for years. He dressed up as nanny in Mrs. Doubtfire to get to see his kids and threw an orange at the future 007. Williams played with Toys, tried to Kill Smoochy, had an Photograph addiction, was Good Will Hunting, and had a License to Wed. Robin had done alot in his long career and we salute you at number 13.

Jerry Lewis

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/beatnikloserkid/Dean%20Martin%20and%20Jerry%20Lewis/jerrylewis7.jpg[/IMG[/CENTER]

Jerry Lewis the star of many films and was Jim Carrey before there was Jim Carrey. Lewis was in the original Nutty Proffesor, had numerous encounters on TV and movies alike with Dean Martin. Jerry Lewis has been the long running host of the Jerry Lewis Telethon for Muscular Dystrophy. Jerry is probably the influence behind many of the comedic actors that we have in movies and TV today so he gets the number 12 spot.

[CENTER][B]11[/B]

[B]Jim Carrey[/B]

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t4/kimzey06/jim_carrey.jpg​

Jim Carrey mr rubberface. Jim got his start in some B comedies in the 80's with getting Once Bitten, he then got to go chase some Easy Earth Girls, Jim landed a role in the great TV show In Living Color along with the Wayne brothers and Jamie Foxx, which then allowed him to become the great Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Jim then was allowed to put on a green Mask, then was the enigmatic Riddler in Batman. Jim has done a ton of stuff that has made us all laugh so with that we give you the number 11.

Rodney Dangerfield

rodney-dangerfield_m4.jpg

The bug eyed tie grabbing guy who got no respect. Rodney had us laughing in almost everything he did because he got no Respect. Rodney took his stage act to the movies when he was trying to win at golf in Caddyshack. Rodney became animated in Rover Dangerfield as a pooch who kind of looked and sounded like Rodney. Rodney went Back to School and chased Ladybugs. Rodney did a ton of guest spots on tv shows and late night talk shows. Rodney we all grab our tie and give you some respect at number 10.

Tie for 8

Chevy Chase

creepy_chevy.jpg

Chevy freaking Chase. Chase was the man in the 80's for stupid gullible dad who knew nothing but did things to bring the family together. Chevy knew no bounds to damaging his body for the sake of making us laugh. Do I need to list his credits probably not as I believe everyone can think of something he has done. Caddyshack, Fletch, Vegas Vacation, Christmas Vacation, European Vacation, Funny Farm, Three Amigo's, Cops and Robberson's, Spys like us, and Nothing but Trouble. Chevy has been a staple in the comedy genre for years and for that he has tied another comedy Icon for number 8.

Lucille Ball

lucille_ball.jpg

Lucy the fiery red head who made us all laugh for years on I love Lucy. Her influence on the comedy world is so great as she has been an influence to many female comedians. Lucy did her Lucy gig for years on tv and on reruns. To this day you can still find I love Lucy airing on Reruns somewhere. Lucy was honored with a bus load of Lucy imposters on Rat Race. We all love you Lucy and you have made it to number 8

Groucho Marx

groucho_marx.png

The bushy-browed, cigar-smoking wisecracker with the painted on mustache and stooped walk was the leader of The Marx Brothers. Groucho was an influence in the comedy genre the world over you can still find his patented glasses with a mustache everywhere to this day in any costume store. Groucho had many films like Duck Soup, Go West and Copacabana. Groucho for you many merits on the comedy genre we thank you and bestow upon you the number 7.

Richard Pryor

richard-pryor.jpg

Richard Pryor everyones favorite potty mouthed comedian. Pryor had a great career along with dealing with some demons in his life. Pryor had very public battle with drugs and MS at the end of his life. Pryor was in many movies with his good buddy Gene Wilder like Hear No Evil See No Evil. Pryor was in Superman III he was a Toy for Jackie Gleeson and his rich spoiled son. Pryor was the man that made us laugh no matter our ethnicity which helped pave the way for such comedians as Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock along with others. We thank you Rich and salute you at number 6.

Well just 5 more left. Who is number 1 in our poll? Who is the best funnyman in movies. Well come back tomorrow to find out.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ritter's death totally made me break down, I can clearly remember that day. He was gone much too soon, he still had so much more to give us. Nice meat of the list there, too bad Groucho didn't rank higher but I'm happy with 7th.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Ritter's death totally made me break down, I can clearly remember that day. He was gone much too soon, he still had so much more to give us. Nice meat of the list there, too bad Groucho didn't rank higher but I'm happy with 7th.

I figured he would be higher too, but I think most of our generation has lost some touch with those that paved the way for who and what we see today. I think most will be happy and surprised with the next 5.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Very nice on the list. Glad to see Groucho and Lucille Ball that high. I was getting worried that they wouldn't place.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Lewis being above Martin is a tragedy...lewis stunk he was never as funny as Dean was on the roasts his variety show or in the Cannonball Runs

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I honestly never found a single thing Jerry Lewis did funny.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He fuckin sux

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I was surprised that a certain 3 guys were not even nominated for this as I would have thought that they would have been on the list too and a little guy who did silent movies was not even mentioned either.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
People blank on stuff like this that's why I always preferred a tournament style setup as opossed to the list approach

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't consider the little guy in the silent films to be strictly a comedian though, his works, while funny, are much more than simple comedies. They are allegories on life, which puts them more in the drama category than anything else.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Jerry Lewis was funny in that movie with the fish. The Incredible Mr. Limpet or something like that.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wasn't that Don Knotts?

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Oh yeah it was. For some reason I was thinking of him.

Now that I remember, Jerry Lewis sucks balls. His telethon is funny though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Completely forgot about Ritter :(

How did Carlin rank so high? I love the guy no doubt, but I'd say he's more well known for his stand up than his film career.