Top 15 Comedy Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Completely forgot about Ritter :(

How did Carlin rank so high? I love the guy no doubt, but I'd say he's more well known for his stand up than his film career.

I had the same thoughts while doing this too.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
People blank on stuff like this that's why I always preferred a tournament style setup as opossed to the list approach

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Maybe we will do that with the next set?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well here we are for the final 5 of our list its been a tight race but I think most people have an Idea who we are looking at for the final 5 so without further adieu:

John Cleese

john_cleese.jpg

Everyone's favorite python is in the list at number 5. John seems to have been everywhere at one point or another and always seems to make us laugh. Of course there was all the work he did on Monty Python the tv show. Then the crew took their schtick to the big screen not once but 3 times In Holy Grail, Life of Brian, and the Meaning of Life. After python Cleese still seems to find work where ever he wanted. Cleese was the voice of the the Frog King in the Shrek films, He was sort of the replacement for Q in the Bond franchise when Q had died during filming and has had the role of R since then. Does seem that he might not be in the next one though. So John for bringing out the dead we salute you at number 5.

John Candy

john_candy.jpg

Everyone's favorite fat man. John Candy has warmed the cackles of our belly with laughter since the late 70's when he and Rick Moranis stared in SCTV. John later would transition to film where he would make us laugh as the big goof that couldn't seem to get things done right. John was in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, Spaceballs, Blues Brothers, Splash, Brewster's Millions, Summer Rental, Little Shop of Horrors, Hot to Trot, Who's Harry Crumb, Home Alone, Cool Runnings, Wagons East, and Canadian Bacon. John left us early but his comedy will remain with us forever in film. John left his big footprint on us along with shooting the fur off the butt of a Bear. John thank you and we give you number 4.

Leslie Nelson

leslieNielson.jpg

Leslie Nelson the deaf guy who was told who couldn't make it. Leslie did things in the comedy world that made us laugh so hard that we would spit our drink out. Leslie had a long and fruitful career. Nelson mainly did tv work for most of his career it wasn't until the early 80's that he hit the big time with Airplane followed by Promnight and Creepshow. In 1982 his biggest and most well known character LT. Frank Drebin hit the small screen in Police Squad but was a short lived show, but was later revived 3 times in movie form Naked Gun. Nelson did many spoofs of movies including Dracula Dead and Loving it and Spy Hard. Nelson also was Mr. Magoo in the love action movie. Nelson did things to his body that someone his age would be complaining about but he enjoyed doing it. Leslie we thank you and you get the honorable number 3 spot.

Steve Martin

steve_martin.jpg

Everyone's favorite white man that grew up a poor poor black man. Steve has had a long career where he started in the Smothers Bros as a writer and then decided to act for himself. He got his first movie role in the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band, The Muppet Movie, and his breakout role in The Jerk. Steve continued his success with The Man With Two Brains, Three Amigo's, Little Shop of Horrors, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Parenthood, Father of the Bride, Leap of Faith, and the Dirty By the Dozen films. Steve still working hard to make us laugh and we appreciate it. So Steve you get number 2.

And finally after a false submission DRUM Roll please...........................

Postman Dave

Reaction score
No complaints about the top 5, so happy to see Cleese get a lot of love around here.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Bill Murray

hybrid.jpg

The man who made janitors great again eating a candy bar in a pool the man himself Bill Murray. Bill has had a great career he started in funny Meatballs, then transitioned to Caddyshack with Chevy Chase and onto Stripes with other list member John Candy, Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman, until finally landing in one of the greatest films of all time Ghostbusters. Bill did a sequel with it and currently one in the works, Bill moved on to more and more roles that made us laugh some not so much, Little Shop of Horrors, Scrooged, What about Bob, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Ed Wood, Kingpin, The Man Who Knew Too Little, Rushmore, Osmosis Jones, Charlie's Angels, Hamlet, Space Jam, The Garfield movies, and Zombieland. Bill still has projects in the works so we will still see the man that makes us laugh even more. So Bill for all your hard work you have earned the top spot in our list and thank you.

Thanks to all who sent in their lists and made this list possible and fun to do.

Reactions: 1 person

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I can't believe John Candy has been dead since 94. He is still one of my favorites and deserves the top 5 spot. I was shocked to see Steve Martin so high since he hasn't done a whole lot of acting in recent years, or at least memorable parts that I remember. Leslie Nielsen I could have sworn would be first though. :lol:

I am anxiously waiting number one.

Ah, number one went in at the same time as mine.

Bill Murray number one. I can't complain. I don't think there is to many movies he has done where I haven't laughed. Good stuff.

Great list Porkchop, thanks for doing it.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Nice list I seen a few of mine in there and in pretty good spots.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Bill Murray is an excellent choice for number one, nice one guys, great job hosting again Porkchop.