Top 10 Favorite Theme Songs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Been a while, hope you're all doing well! I basically started to despise talking about wrestling this year because of how poor this community is most of the time. So, I stopped posting because I had nothing to offer and that's just not fair to people who actually like to participate in quality discussions.

Sob story aside, let's list some damn tunes.

WARNING, I HAVE TO POST A BUNCH OF LINKS. PREPARE YOUR SCROLL WHEEL.

10. Doink (1993)

This was actually genius, if they had capitalized on this idea in the 80's, the money would have been pouring out of Hogan's sweat glands. Unfortunately, 1993 was not the time for this character, it was looked at as one dimensional. The song itself is really creepy and dark, but I'm weird and I find it really calming and soothing.

9. Phil "The Thrill" Brooks (2011)

This song was already a classic, but paring it with The Straight Edge Soup Savant was an excellent idea. I would be elated to see Punk come out to this for his UFC entrances, although I'm pretty sure he wants to remove anything WWE related from his life.

8. Sycho Sid (1996)

Sid fucking sucks. He's a horrible worker, terrible promo guy and his acting skills are laughable. However! He was given an outstanding theme song during his run in WWE. It's haunting but badass at the same time, which is, I think, what they were going for with Sid. His entrance was pretty cool as well, but the bell rang, that was forgotten.

7. Brian Pillman (1996)

Bit of a reoccurring theme going on here, I like darker music. Pillman's theme song is pretty crazy, it has an awesome intro of his name being said very chillingly, it then jumps in to a frantic cliche horror part and then goes in to a jazz inspired bit with a sax and piano. Unfortunately, WWE was having some serious audio issues back in the day because you can barely hear his theme song during RAW and PPV's. Kind of unforunate, it was a great theme song.

6. Mankind (1996)

I seem to have a hard on for 1996. Yet another creepy track delivered by the basement dwelling Jimmy Johnston... I suppose that explains some of these. What sets this head and shoulders above the rest is that Mankind was given an outro theme song! I couldn't find a clip of it for some reason, but you should be able to find it. I LOVED that idea and I wish it was used again today. Both of his first theme's were great and they added a lot to the character.

5. Stone Cold Steve Austin (1997)

Oh baby, the bass is real. I definitely prefer this version of his theme song to the mix they made in late 98, it sounded too clean. This theme song was so perfectly put together, it has different phases that pick up as the song progresses and the intro became iconic and a phenomenon of its own.

4. Taz (00)

Fucking badass. I thought his ECW theme song was good, but this is outstanding. It's such a shame his career went the way it did once he went to WWE, because they hit this one out of the park. The pace is perfect and the tones used put this way over the top. Good job, Jimbo!

3. The Rock (99)

Perfect intro, very well put together and an awesome guitar solo. The Rock went through 807 theme song variations from 1996 until 2011, this one is still the best. This theme song is what the late 90's WWE was all about, it was exciting and it was loud. The pace of their show dictated how you viewed and felt whist watching it and because of theme songs like this, it was super easy for people to get pumped up about the product. I feel like current theme songs like Dean Ambrose' are keeping fans from reacting like they want to. It sounds silly, but his theme song is so cheesy and farcical even that people aren't able to connect the way they would like to. I'm sure that's wrong in most of your eyes, but that's how I perceive it.

2. Kane (97)

This theme song has so many layers to it, I really think it's unappreciated. The spectrum of unique sounds and effects used in this song is incredible and because Kane wasn't able to speak, they needed it to be that way. It sounds evil, dark, twisted and every other adjective you can think of related to those words. The pyro and lighting did even more to enhance Kane's entire presentation and because of that, he was taken seriously (minus the stupid powers he was given) and the crowds didn't revolt against such an unrealistic idea.

1. The Undertaker (99)

Speaking of evil! Here is my all time favorite theme song! This rendition of The Undertaker's theme song is easily the greatest theme song of all time. The Undertaker's character was never considered one to be legitimately evil or scary. He was created and used in ways that were always friendly to the general audience, which is why he was always a babyface. Then 1999 rolled around and times changed, they decided to pull the trigger and turn him in to a legitimate horror heel (I made that term up). I don't need to go over all of the events, but they were doing some really dark things with his character, cutting his wrists and having Mideon drink the blood being the darkest. Of course, because of the shift in character, he needed a change in music. The old funeral dirge wasn't going to cut it anymore and at WM15, the world was introduced to his new theme song. The gong was no longer people friendly, it was now distorted and grotesque and it also involved him reciting some demonic sounding passage in Gaelic. The rest of the song featured an array of instruments, most prevalent being (what I've interpreted to be) a violin. It's an excellent theme song and I hope old Jimmy J is proud of this one, because I love it.

Hope this isn't too long and I hope it was an ok read. The range of my lexicon was unfortunately exposed during this lol DON'T JUDGE ME.

Cheers,

Kooldip.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good idea for a thread, bro! I've been thinking of doing this for a while now, but never really got around it. Cheers!

I'll definitely post my list when I have the time, but I don't think all of us should be posting links... Because if we all start putting links up, this page is gonna get all messy and slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kooldip

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
1. Edge - Metalingus - This will forever be my favorite theme song. It was made by my all time favorite band for my all time favorite superstar!

2. CM Punk - Cult Of Personality

3. Ethan Carter III - Trouble

4. Bray Wyatt - Live In Fear

5. Kevin Steen - Unsettling Differences

6. Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

7. Triple H - The Game

8. Randy Orton - Burn In My Light

9. Adam Cole - Something For You

10. Chris Benoit - Whatever

- Honorable mentions:

CM Punk - This Fire Burns
Kane - Slow Chemical (The only good thing about Kane, like ever. lol)
Batista - I Walk Alone
Stardust - Written In The Stars
Drew McIntyre - Broken Dreams
Jeff Hardy - Loaded (by Zack Tempest) and No More Words (by EndeverafteR)
The Rock - Electrifying
Stone Cold - I Won't Do What You Tell Me
Bret Hart - Return Of The Hitman
Mark Henry - Some Bodies Gonna Get It
The Miz - I Came To Play
Dolph Ziggler - I Am Perfection
The Nexus - We Are One
Brock Lesnar - Next Big Thing
Christian - Just Close Your Eyes
Enzo Amore - SAWT Is A Sin
Tyler Breeze - [HASHTAG]#MMMGorgeous[/HASHTAG]
Bad News Barrett - Rebel Son
Sheamus - Written In My Face
Sami Zayn - Worlds Apart (It's so generic-o, but fits his entrance so well)
James Storm - Cut You Down
Aces & Eights - Deadman's Hand
Daniel Bryan - Flight Of The Valkyries
Finn Bálor - Catch Your Breath
AJ Styles - Evil Ways
The New Day - New Day, New Way
Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down
Willow - In Willow's Way
Mankind - Schizophrenic
Dean Ambrose - Retaliation (This is such a crappy song, but Ambrose makes it special every time he comes out. It's always a different entrance)
nWo - Rockhouse
DX - Break It Down
Lita - LoveFuryPassionEnergy
Paige - Stars In The Night
AJ Lee - Let's Light It Up

- There's a helluva lot more I could post, but let's just leave it the way it is.

Last edited:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Off the top off my head I'd go with;

1.Chris Benoit's last theme
2.Triple H- King of Kings
3.Undertaker- You're Gonna Pay
4.Chris Jericho
5.Christain- Waterproof Blonde's version
6.Edge - Never Gonna Stop
7.Mr.Perfect
8.Hollywood Rock
9.Goldberg
10.Razor Ramon

If I thought about it more some would probable be listed differently, or just replaced completely.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
1.) nWo Original
2.) Hulk Hogan
3.) Undertaker Original
4.) Real Americans
5.) Wyatt Family
6.) Mr. Perfect
7.) Crow Sting Original
8.) Vader WCW Theme
9.) Yokozuna theme
10.) Drew Mcintyre theme

I thought of these on the fly so it might be pretty shitty.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Break the Walls Down, Endeverafter; No More Words (Jeff Hardy's), Cult Of Personality, Quiet on the Set/Awesome (Hollywood Miz), Real American, Sting's Original, Smoke and Mirror's V4 I believe (Cody used it before he became Stardust/Teamed with his bro), Just Close Your Eyes (Christian's) Batista's.. a lot more, no specific order; I like playing some of them at the "jukebox" aka internet tunes machine at the bar I go to a lot of regular wrestling fans there.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
1. Edge - Metalingus - This will forever be my favorite theme song. It was made by my all time favorite band for my all time favorite superstar!

2. CM Punk - Cult Of Personality

3. Ethan Carter III - Trouble

4. Bray Wyatt - Live In Fear

5. Kevin Steen - Unsettling Differences

6. Shawn Michaels - Sexy Boy

7. Triple H - The Game

8. Randy Orton - Burn In My Light

9. Adam Cole - Something For You

10. Chris Benoit - Whatever

- Honorable mentions:

CM Punk - This Fire Burns
Kane - Slow Chemical (The only good thing about Kane, like ever. lol)
Batista - I Walk Alone
Stardust - Written In The Stars
Drew McIntyre - Broken Dreams
Jeff Hardy - Loaded (by Zack Tempest) and No More Words (by EndeverafteR)
The Rock - Electrifying
Stone Cold - I Won't Do What You Tell Me
Bret Hart - Return Of The Hitman
Mark Henry - Some Bodies Gonna Get It
The Miz - I Came To Play
Dolph Ziggler - I Am Perfection
The Nexus - We Are One
Brock Lesnar - Next Big Thing
Christian - Just Close Your Eyes
Enzo Amore - SAWT Is A Sin
Tyler Breeze - [HASHTAG]#MMMGorgeous[/HASHTAG]
Bad News Barrett - Rebel Son
Sheamus - Written In My Face
Sami Zayn - Worlds Apart (It's so generic-o, but fits his entrance so well)
James Storm - Cut You Down
Aces & Eights - Deadman's Hand
Daniel Bryan - Flight Of The Valkyries
Finn Bálor - Catch Your Breath
AJ Styles - Evil Ways
The New Day - New Day, New Way
Chris Jericho - Break The Walls Down
Willow - In Willow's Way
Mankind - Schizophrenic
Dean Ambrose - Retaliation (This is such a crappy song, but Ambrose makes it special every time he comes out. It's always a different entrance)
nWo - Rockhouse
DX - Break It Down
Lita - LoveFuryPassionEnergy
Paige - Stars In The Night
AJ Lee - Let's Light It Up

- There's a helluva lot more I could post, but let's just leave it the way it is.
Might as well have put up songs you disliked. Would have been easier. Lol