Survivor Series Too Many Heel Vs. Heel Matches?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
7c01e-1503487007-800.jpg

So we have...
The Miz vs. Baron Corbin.
Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss.
Jinder Mahal vs. Brock Lesnar.

Is this too many? I mean it would appear that the issue here is having heels in general being dominant on both shows. I normally favor heels since I tend to find them more entertaining but it feels like it is a bit much to me. Fans have already voiced not wanting to see Jinder and Lesnar so I would put money on it most people are not too happy about the other matches either. No one wants to see Miz lose but he likely will. And not many want to see Bliss win, but she likely will.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Its terrible booking and these matches have no purpose.

All 6 of these performers should have been integrated into
the 5 on 5 Elimination matches.

In 2016 Survivor Series was awesome...but this year...it
looks like a giant waste of time.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I have no problem with it. From a Kayfabe standpoint, it's just two dicks trying to prove their better than the other guy and from a real standpoint heels are easily just as over as faces. I'm surprised heel v heel or face v face matches don't happen as often

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
AND Most of the heels are holding gold!!
Like a few people on here have said, WWE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FORM A PROPER FACE THESE DAYS AND BARELY, YES BARELY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A DECENT HEEL AT ALL!!

200.gif

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
at first it felt weird to me but looking at Miz/Corbin right now, I don't see much of a problem here because they made a story out of it. Especially Miz has always been vocal about making the IC title mean more and this fits perfectly into doing that.
Mahal vs Lesnar isn't really heel vs heel because in the eyes of most viewers, Brock's a face anyways and especially in this feud/match.
Bliss vs Natalya on the other hand is a complete throwaway.. I don't even think both of them acknowledged that they're facing each other on the PPV yet. Not on social media or on television lol

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Lesnar isn't a heel nor is he a baby face. He swings both ways. The miz is so good that he can make any angle work. And I just don't care about the women's match. I like that they are booking all Raw vs Smackdown matches, it makes the PPV special because it's way different than what we see all year

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
They’re making this completely based on raw vs smackdown, that’s like the theme this year more than last year. So, it’s champion vs champion, brand vs brand, and it happens to be heels. Who cares? I think it’ll be entertaining and different.

Also, Brock is a neutral character. I don’t know if I’d classify him as a heel per day... he’s truly “thee guy” if you will.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I don't really mind it, it's actually nice for a change that WWE booked something different.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, as of yesterday (or very early this morning depending on your location), you can scratch one of the three aformentioned matches since AJ became new WWE Champion and will be facing Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series instead; barring any major changes or events on the go home show next week, that is...

As for the other two, I honestly don't have a problem with and, as mentioned above, at least Miz and Corbin made something out of it with their back and forth on social media, turning this to a pretty interesting match after all. The best part, in my view, is the unpredictability of the outcome cause I'm not sure you can really choose either one with ease and call it a safe bet. As of today, and looking at the card so far, I think I'm leaning more towards Corbin but we shall see...

On the other hand, if they stick with Bliss vs. Natalya (Natty, as we now know, is defending against Charlotte next week so there's always the possibility of a title change, hence another change on the SS card), I think it's safe to say that Bliss wins but, again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week...

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
:bayley: It doesn't matter as much as you think it does, because the line that divided faces and heels has been greatly blurred for yeeaaars. People don't go to a WWE show thinking, "I can't WAIT to see (Face) beat (Heel)!" They go thinking, "Let's go watch these people put on an entertaining show."

The entire WWE roster is pretty much a face. :bitw: Except Roman when he's on his own.

Reactions: Doxo

Crash

Reaction score
I also think it's cool to have some heel vs heel and face vs face matches, it's something different.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Yeah..Its diffrent. I agree. But its also nice for only soo long. Eventually it'll get boring. And they'll hv to change it up..
What do you mean? Heel v heel and face v face is a change up from the traditional heel v face that's been going on for decades. Don't get me wrong, the traditional rivalries works really well

Besides, this is probably only going to be a one month thing :p

Reactions: Nikki Nitro