• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tony Khan Twitter Thread

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I mean exactly how many sports owners get in Twitter feuds at 4:00 am lol
my sweet summer child, the last president of the united states used twitter for 4 years saying way worse things than a 4 am troll. Owning a business does not mean you're suddenly some bastion of morals who needs to be pure and innocent. He's a normal ass human like you and me. You don't have to like it, but acting like it's some highly unusual behavior is quite frankly just not factual at all. Over a billion people tweet stupid shit every day, it ain't that deep or serious. It literally takes 10 seconds to type out a tweet.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
also, you're kind of lying. there was no feud at 4 am. it was a singular tweet and he made no others. No need to exaggerate things. Funny how people that get mad at tony never have the same energy for the people who tweet or make public statements about him though :hmm

Chris

Dreams are Endless

People aren't gonna notice bc of the Weinstein comments but I think calling AEW the "Pepsi of wrestling" is one of the craziest things he's ever said in like 25 different ways before you even think about Phil lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I've been making the Pepsi comp since day 1 :romo:

Also the Harvey comment gonna rile up the bases. Tk has accepted he's a carny

I think it's accurate fwiw I just feel promoters need to sugar coat that a little bc everyone still has that "if you're not first you're last" mentality but maybe I should be appreciating that the guy in charge doesn't actually seem to have it. I just don't think it's a comparison you wanna invite yourself even if I both think it's logical and wouldn't argue it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I think it's accurate fwiw I just feel promoters need to sugar coat that a little bc everyone still has that "if you're not first you're last" mentality but maybe I should be appreciating that the guy in charge doesn't actually seem to have it. I just don't think it's a comparison you wanna invite yourself even if I both think it's logical and wouldn't argue it.
Maybe that's just the*** not first ur last/ shareholder mentality though , were not used to businessmen "correctly/humble braggy" assessing their #2 spot. I think it may not be the best look for certain types of folks but he seems back into "alternative/best action" promotion mode . Also the flip side is when aew says they are competing for #1 ppl laugh n Dunk on em

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I mean yeah that's kind of the point when you're a non competing #2. You're at a disadvantage from the perception standpoint no matter what you do. At least if you're looking at it from the hater standpoint anyway

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I mean yeah that's kind of the point when you're a non competing #2. You're at a disadvantage from the perception standpoint no matter what you do. At least if you're looking at it from the hater standpoint anyway
Much like releasing the tape, maybe it's me, but kinda feels like aew are owning their identity warts and all on full display, as opposed to sweeping shit aside n ignoring it or addressing it. It feels like not a lot is leaking either anymore so maybe were just seeing more ppl on same page too. N elite may b booking stuff again with confidence? Sorry for the rant lol