Tony Khan Twitter Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Didn't the interviewers cut his feed? Gòod job.....you had all this time to talk about your show, but you bring up WWE.

Not only you buried yourself you reminded the massees that the whole business isHarvey Weinstein.
For me, I think the worst thing about it is just the fact that Harvey Weinstein literally just got out of prison and people don’t wanna be reminded about that.

That’s it.

I’m still gonna watch AEW and everything.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Oh I know it's fans of both sides, but for a long while here it feels like from the fan perspective, Tony Khan is allowed to shit on WWE whenever he wants without blowback and then when WWE actually clapped back, like they did around Mania, oh my god why is WWE taking shots at a company thats 5 years old or whatever the fuck. You see it more from AEW fans than you do WWE fans.

It's like I said before, it's TNA 2012-2014 all over again with the superfans. They were heavily anti WWE and did everything to let you know it even though theyd get mad when WWE fans would show off the not even half full arenas TNA were trying to run lol.

The WWE superfans are just as bad especially when they tried to pretend ROH didnt exist years ago but got all excited when the top ROH guys would get signed by the company.

That is a fucking lie lmao. I see WWE fans bitch all the fucking time about the "shots".

Just to this specific point, a great chunk of people I talk to say the tribalism is getting especially out of hand and for many of them it is killing their interest. And for some, it’s driving them away from discourse.

I think there’s healthy tribalism. And then there’s this toxic mess I think we’ve just become too accustomed to.

I mean, I personally won’t leave the Internet because I own a forum and I love the wrestling product too much but even I sometimes I’m overwhelmed by just if I pop on Twitter right now probably will be inundated by like 10 major trolls talking about how much Cody is killing the WWE and people talking about AEW is gonna die because of the ratings are falling and I’m sure a lot of people are talking about this very topic which I absolutely absolutely have no interest in seeing.

And I’ll be honest; when I am in a live chat watching the product right now I will say how much I love professional wrestling because both WWE and AEW are absolutely fucking killing it but when I get on Twitter, I’m like oh my God I hate wrestling.

Which is why I barely open it now, but that’s another thing altogether. This place is a little better, but even here can’t escape it.

Pro-tip for wrestling twitter - Be liberal with the block. If I see someone being a moron I avoid arguing for the most part and block.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
For me, I think the worst thing about it is just the fact that Harvey Weinstein literally just got out of prison and people don’t wanna be reminded about that.

That’s it.

I’m still gonna watch AEW and everything.
That's a fair point

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I actually thought it was pretty shrewd myself to use Weinstein specifically bc it's in the news so there's the chance you just make it in the list of headlines people researching that topic see. It was very clickbaity in every aspect

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I still disagree that it made no sense though or that he didn't promote his brand and that's all ppl will remember. Ppl who have never heard of aew or tk would still be intrigued who this man was an Google him n that's all that's required to promote. I think it's also projection to assume that's "its the only thing pppll will remember " because ya we live in a bubble here.

I've never denied it was in bad taste tho, I just still find it funny

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I've never denied it was in bad taste tho
:WOW

From this standpoint, we pretty much agree, and then we can just disagree on some of the smaller particulars. Because I agree that this is necessarily not going to be the only thing people remember, and I certainly don’t think AEW will be tarnished by this. Just don’t think it was in good taste, so looks like we agree.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Again outside of trolls, I don’t think any logical person thinks this will negatively affect their business.

It just comes down to bad taste. I’m all for taking shots, but read the room.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ll certainly be right there in the dynamite thread next week. AEW is just too awesome. Regardless of what Tony says in an interview. I will say though I have personally heard from someone I know very well. They told me that they were going to stop watching AEW because of this but I plan to let them cool down and then I’ll talk to him back into watching AEW later because I know that he enjoys AEW as well.

Reactions: Vegeta

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
:WOW

From this standpoint, we pretty much agree, and then we can just disagree on some of the smaller particulars. Because I agree that this is necessarily not going to be the only thing people remember, and I certainly don’t think AEW will be tarnished by this. Just don’t think it was in good taste, so looks like we agree.
Yeah that's a perfectly normal take. I'm just at the in for a penny in for a pound stage and if I'm being real I rather he talk his shit in person than on the keyboard. I at least respect him for having the set to say it out loud

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I’ll certainly be right there in the dynamite thread next week. AEW is just too awesome. Regardless of what Tony says in an interview. I will say though I have personally heard from someone I know very well. They told me that they were going to stop watching AEW because of this but I plan to let them cool down and then I’ll talk to him back into watching AEW later because I know that he enjoys AEW as well.
Well I'll just say that I think the line is very interesting for some people. Not that I know what other programing they watch but I just find that type of reaction kind of wild if they are long time wwe watchers

Reactions: #Waddles

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You know me. I’ll defend any attack on the other companies’s product may be a little bit of their business practices but I think where people kind of get squeamish is when you get gritty with it and kind of personal.

Regardless of your thoughts, like I said before, on the lawsuit itself, and I know for you, you can kind of separate the art from the fanbase, but most people can’t. If you tell somebody that the thing that they enjoy is the Harvey Weinstein of professional wrestling, they feel like you just told them they support Harvey Weinstein. I think that’s the issue.

It’ll blow over, though.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ll say despite not loving tribalism right now that when this does blow over, I look forward to seeing people argue over whether they want 20 minutes of wrestling in a two hour show or 80 minutes.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Because I will say having fun arguments over if more skits or more wrestling is better for pro wrestling is a much more healthy and fun tribalistic discussion.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You know me. I’ll defend any attack on the other companies’s product may be a little bit of their business practices but I think where people kind of get squeamish is when you get gritty with it and kind of personal.

Regardless of your thoughts, like I said before, on the lawsuit itself, and I know for you, you can kind of separate the art from the fanbase, but most people can’t. If you tell somebody that the thing that they enjoy is the Harvey Weinstein of professional wrestling, they feel like you just told them they support Harvey Weinstein. I think that’s the issue.

It’ll blow over, though.
I mean up.until very recently it meant supporting Vince mcmahon. I do think ppl don't like admitting that to themselves though. N I'm not saying there's anything wrong w watching wwe but ya inguess it's ugly to be reminded how the meat is made on your burger. As harsh as that sounds

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I also think it’s fun seeing the differences between the products. That’s what makes AEW a true alternative that it isn’t exactly the same thing as WWE.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon