Tony Khan Twitter Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He was responding with a separate thought to me, you didn't say anyone in WWE would be alienated. This is a lots of posts and thoughts coming in at once issue
Yea this too. I'm def not trying to insult or insinuate anything negative about our esteemed Jake

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Save them for Grayson Waller if their smart (he's done them in TV too tho even tho people like to pretend otherwise)
Waller is probably the only person that could get away with it.

When I say they won’t take shots on air, I mean Moreso they won’t mention AEW by name.

You have your “pissant company” comment from years ago and things like that. But in 5 years, I think the only time AEW was mentioned by name on WWE TV was when Sami went off script in that segment with Corey Graves

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Save them for Grayson Waller if their smart (he's done them in TV too tho even tho people like to pretend otherwise)

He’s honestly the best at it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Waller is probably the only person that could get away with it.

When I say they won’t take shots on air, I mean Moreso they won’t mention AEW by name.

You have your “pissant company” comment from years ago and things like that. But in 5 years, I think the only time AEW was mentioned by name on WWE TV was when Sami went off script in that segment with Corey Graves

Bro that was like unanimously voted the worst segment of raw history too lol it wasnt even a shot too just the most awkward reference ever

• Haha
Reactions: Cwalker

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Bro that was like unanimously voted the worst segment of raw history too lol it wasnt even a shot too just the most awkward reference ever

I thought that was Sami with Bobby Lashley’s sisters?

Which one was actually AEW’s own Max Caster

• Haha
Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If that's the criteria tho, AEW has barely said the letters "WWE" on air but I know we're just arguing semantics now I won't pretend they don't take more shots. They haven't even said CM Punk's name tho lmao they check the technicality boxes

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If that's the criteria tho, AEW has barely said the letters "WWE" on air but I know we're just arguing semantics now I won't pretend they don't take more shots. They haven't even said CM Punk's name tho lmao they check the technicality boxes
Are they allowed to say his name? They avoided the hell out of it when airing the footage

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It’s gonna be wild in 15 years (if AEW fold) and Hunter announces Tony Kahn as the new RAW GM

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
If you want a fun rabbit hole to dive in, looking at aews twitter n bots responding to anything they post in seconds with Pro wwe comments (happened as recebt as collision ). Look at copy pasted bot generated comments on cagematch since the day tk used them to positively promote his product. Look at how any aew post is brigaded and down voted even if it's just an informative tweet on squared circle. Tony is a dork who says the quiet part put loud because he's a dusruptor type, but as much as p want to handwave it, there is tons of actual evidence WWE n their pr machine along w insane fans have been on the attack of this companies perception since day 0. Doesnt take away some of the own goals but ya , it's a real thing!

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Are they allowed to say his name? They avoided the hell out of it when airing the footage

I'd say probably bc he owns it and there's no lawsuits or NDAs about Wembley as far as I know, just Brawl Out. I think it was just a bit that the Bucks didn't say it and the announcers all in kayfabe didn't support the footage so why would they

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It’s gonna be wild in 15 years (if AEW fold) and Hunter announces Tony Kahn as the new RAW GM
My insane theory is khan joins khan after selling his shares one day

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
If you want a fun rabbit hole to dive in, looking at aews twitter n bots responding to anything they post in seconds with Pro wwe comments (happened as recebt as collision ). Look at copy pasted bot generated comments on cagematch since the day tk used them to positively promote his product. Look at how any aew post is brigaded and down voted even if it's just an informative tweet on squared circle. Tony is a dork who says the quiet part put loud because he's a dusruptor type, but as much as p want to handwave it, there is tons of actual evidence WWE n their pr machine along w insane fans have been on the attack of this companies perception since day 0. Doesnt take away some of the own goals but ya , it's a real thing!
But tribalism is literally a good thing so you’re welcome

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Nah dawg fuck that shit. This was stupid. "Cope" is such bullshit. Vince was always the issue in WWE with regards to ALLEGATIONS. To say it was company wide is bullshit.

But this instance what he said was stupid and did nothing but hurt AEW.

AEW was getting FREE PUBLICITY during the NFLs biggest off-season event. And all anyone is talking about is WWE again.

And the line made no sense. AEW is Pepsi WWE is Harvey Weinstein. What the fuck is that comparison? AEW is Pepsi WWE is COKE. That makes sense. All he was doing is trying to get idiots to go "haha he made fun of WWE again Tony is a genius" when all he did was take all the spotlight off his own company and onto the bigger more successful company.

This shows you have not read the lawsuit as WWE is being sued due to the culture that enabled it and allowing it to happen. Saying it was just Vince shows you haven't read it or are deflecting from the real issue.

No it was still bad. The only person who got over during that was CM Punk. He made chicken shit then tried to turn it into Chicken Salad.

That's a lie too. Look at the reactions Jack Perry is getting

I mean fewer than 700k viewers, barely 2k attendance. Something is hurting AEW.
And yet WBD are still happy with the ratings so :draper2

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Nick and Shad work a deal behind Tony and Hunters backs and the two companies merger and have wrestling shows on every day of the week

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I mean the bots aren't conspiracy bc anyone with eyes see them, they glitch a lot too which is funny. The conspiracy would be is it WWE putting them out there, or a lot of losers fans. I think sometimes the amount of weirdos is forgotten lol plus scripting bots is easier than ever on Twitter now