Tommy Dreamer Done With TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Tommy Dreamer is still appearing on the TNA house show Basebrawl events this weekend, but after that he is done with the company. Dreamer posted the following on his twitter…

"If u need a reason 2 go 2 TNA shows on 6/10 Marion, Ill & 6/11 Memphis TN. They will b my last 2 appearances for TNA. Come say goodbye. Thnx"

Word is that the two sides could not come to an agreement on terms for a new contract. Dreamer debuted with TNA in June of 2010, and besides working as a wrestler, he worked as a producer/agent for the company. You can go to Dreamer's official website for information on booking him.

This was bound to happen. It was all downhill for Dreamer since he debuted there, they ran the HardCore Justice PPV and had the mini ECW invasion but that was about it. He was turned heel for no reason the other month as well when TNA had no plans for him. Dreamer is better used behind the scenes so maybe he could have been an asset there. In front of the screen he was just a special appearance wrestler.

Lucky

Reaction score
That's what I'm assuming is that he became an agent.

If not, I'm surprised. We'll still probably see him do some indy shows for a few years and then ride off into the sunset.

My question is: Because of his association with ECW which WWE ultimately purchased, is Tommy Dreamer a Hall of Famer? (Kind of the same argument as Sting)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Really must regret that day he resigned from his agent role in WWE to become an active wrestler again.

Like everyday he looks at himself brushing his teeth and thinking, "FUCK! I could be still be behind a desk." As he spits out blood from the night before and cleaning the stitches in his forehead.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That's what I'm assuming is that he became an agent.

If not, I'm surprised. We'll still probably see him do some indy shows for a few years and then ride off into the sunset.

My question is: Because of his association with ECW which WWE ultimately purchased, is Tommy Dreamer a Hall of Famer? (Kind of the same argument as Sting)

I think that he could be HOF filler material. Not a big name inductee but one of the extras they induct each year. Won't happen for a few years though as there are many others ahead of him.

Really must regret that day he resigned from his agent role in WWE to become an active wrestler again.

Like everyday he looks at himself brushing his teeth and thinking, "FUCK! I could be still be behind a desk." As he spits out blood from the night before and cleaning the stitches in his forehead.

It was a really bad decision but WWE might give him a backstage job again. He did it for quite a few years in WWE so they must have been impressed by him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dreamer as a HOFer isn't likely, but again so wasn't Koko.

Dreamer had a long career sure, but he didn't really do anything of merit. His title reigns and drawing power were non existant. So it would be difficult to think he would belong in any HOF.

Also, ECW was no where near as big as people made it out to be, there were never on the level of say the AWA or WCCW or even UWF. ECW was relegated to the northeastern part of the states and wasn't much of a factor. ECW on TNN only garnered the same type of ratings that TNA does right now and a casual wrestling fan would be aware of it, but didn't care for it.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
He will still be involving in Wrestling some how, whether it be a backstage role in a company or in training. If Team 3D has a wrestling school, he could too, or even help there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Once again this is no great lost for the company, Dreamer has not done anything of note for years, but I am sure he could be quite useful in a back stage role. He strikes me as someone who would want to stay a part of the business too.