• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA's Problem

MJ807

I love TNA and I watch it every week but they have two major problems and one can be solved by solving the other. The first is there obsession with signing every possible talent they already have a big enough and respectable roster but because of their impulsive need to add a bigger roster they have to have 10 man gimmick matches so they can involve everyone on there roster and that is mostly what everyone complains about the numerous gimmick matches and TNA straying away from actual wrestling. Now the second problem is nobody knows about TNA and what I mean is mainstream WWE fans have no idea about TNA. And that is because they don't advertise at all outside of advertising there ppv's but they need to use that money that they would use to sign a new superstar and use it for advertising because right now ever 1/4 mainstream fans know about TNA and only 1/4 out of those actually watch it. And when they have established wrestlers that are recognizable to WWE fans they should use that to try and get them to actually watch TNA.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Yes, definately. You know how I found out about TNA? I was watching House and there was a segment where House was watching TNA instead of doing doctor stuff. (It was Abyss and... I think it was Christian cage in a six sides of steel match :p) TNA doesn't advertise at ALL. Their game coming out next summer will definately get them exposure, but that's pretty much the only thing they have going for them.

I agree that's two main components that aren't in TNA's favor and sadly, the former of the two is WCW syndrome. Only difference is that when WCW did it, they were in good shape to do it, TNA on the other hand isn't. They should do what WWE did and that's create stars from within and just sign names when its right and can afford, not just to sign and expect immediate results.

The latter of the two is something that I have a gripe with Spike TV. Spike hardly promoted WWE when it was on it and the same is happening to TNA. I'm not saying its 100% Spike's fault, but they are contributing to that problem.

MJ807

Your whining is getting old this is a discussion board and I'm discussing TNA's Problems. If you don't have anything contributive to post then don't post at all.

Montana

I would have to agree with you MJ. I don't think its a huge problem to pay some guys like Angle/Christian big bucks. BUT i think resigning sting was a bad idea. I know the guy is a legend, but his value isnt what it was, and i think the money could be invested better elsewhere. Booker T as well. Yeah its cool to see him in TNA, but it would have been even better if he took 6 months off, to take a break and come back with more fire.

Also as far as advertising goes, i think TNA needs to get out on the road, even if they are only selling 6-800 tickets per city. Its a really the best way to showcase your talent imo.

I also think TNA should push and use more of their homegrown guys. Joe got a nice push, but now is lost. Kaz as well. Im interested to see how far/well they can push Judas Mesias, i think he could he a star for them. And last but not least, AJ Styles, who i think they are prepping to be a franchise player in the near future.

Nancy Di Loreto

I would have to agree with you MJ. I don't think its a huge problem to pay some guys like Angle/Christian big bucks. BUT i think resigning sting was a bad idea. I know the guy is a legend, but his value isnt what it was, and i think the money could be invested better elsewhere. Booker T as well. Yeah its cool to see him in TNA, but it would have been even better if he took 6 months off, to take a break and come back with more fire.

Also as far as advertising goes, i think TNA needs to get out on the road, even if they are only selling 6-800 tickets per city. Its a really the best way to showcase your talent imo.

I also think TNA should push and use more of their homegrown guys. Joe got a nice push, but now is lost. Kaz as well. Im interested to see how far/well they can push Judas Mesias, i think he could he a star for them. And last but not least, AJ Styles, who i think they are prepping to be a franchise player in the near future.

That's what I was thinking, he seems to be in Christian role (Not Cage) back in the WWF/E?

And by the way, this is TNA's Problem:

The Internet Community continues to post repetitive threads that only shitcan TNA more and more...

Absolute truth to this thread! TNA really needs make a little more effort. In late 05 and 06 they did a great job of reaching out. Dump the corny guantlet matches and place the belt on Joe or AJ.

chessarmy

These are TNA's 2 biggest problems.

1. Samoa Joe has never held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, I dont think I can wait any longer

2. The X-Division is not what it used to be, sure it still has some meaning to it, but it is starting to feel like WWE's Cruiserweight Division, hopefully the fued with Team 3D will help the X-Division get over and maybe that can put it back at the top of TNA's priority list

^^^ I have a feeling that Joe will become the champion at Slammiversary or BFG. TNA will most likely want to create more unbearable suspense because once he becomes champion, that's it, there's no more tension and build-up. I'm not saying he can't have a good title run, I AM saying that the suspense is sometimes better than the payoff.

Nancy Di Loreto

^^^ I have a feeling that Joe will become the champion at Slammiversary or BFG. TNA will most likely want to create more unbearable suspense because once he becomes champion, that's it, there's no more tension and build-up. I'm not saying he can't have a good title run, I AM saying that the suspense is sometimes better than the payoff.

UNBEARABLE. Meaning no one will watch... :blink:

there is a different between suspense and down right burying someone. suspense would have been Joe when the belt in 05 to the first half of 06. now he lost a lot of that momentum he had and people just remember him as being angles bitch.....

this title run is so over do that i really don't think any one will give a legit to shits about it.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

i liked final resolution ...... team 3d were hilarious