• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA Wrestling Reportedly Suspends Matt Hardy

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Carlito vs Flair Not Happening...Yet

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There will be no Ric Flair vs. Carlito match at WrestleMania.

When they had the idea of putting the two together, it was for an eventual split and feud, but they wanted a longer playing storyline so the idea was that the split would come after Mania. However, after Flair cut a great promo on Carlito to start the storyline, there was a movement to speed up the angle for Mania. Flair was told by one of the writers that the match for Mania was on. Then two weeks ago, he was told that the match was officially off.

Flair & Carlito will probably still involved at WrestleMania, but in a scheduled Tag Team Battle Royal for wrestlers not booked on the card. No word yet if this match will be taking place during the PPV or as a "dark match" to be shown on the WrestleMania DVD. It will likely be the latter scenerio.

Flair is said to be extremely disappointed by the news, especially considering that he was planning on making this WrestleMania as the next to last Mania of his career, at least as he stands mentally now.

That sucks. If they were planning on splitting them up so soon, they should have made it for WrestleMania. If it wouldn't be there anyway, they should have had the two team up for longer and actual form a bond.

billy beer

Reaction score
i think it's great news. flair vs carlito would be a horrible match, their recent efforts on raw confirms this. carlito is dreadful in the ring and flair is limited to back bumps, blading and chops. flair should be used at mania in some capacity (personally i'd love to see him wrestle finlay one-on-one) but carlito isn't fit for tv nevermind the biggest wrestling ppv on earth.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Matt Hardy stated last Sunday on Twitter that he would be receiving a few weeks off from TNA Wrestling.

He wrote, "Between dates, injuries, & outside issues, I'm gonna have a few week off & I'm ecstatic! The Matt Hardy Movement is going into full effect!"

According to PWInsider.com, company officials suspended Hardy due to continuously arriving late to events.

Hardy is still advertised to appear at this week's live events in Ohio and Indiana.
Really done himself aload of good going to TNA huh.

Ben

Reaction score
Both Matt and Jeff really need to wake up and realize the world doesnt revolve around the Hardy's. If they fuck up to the point that they both get fired from TNA think they would have a hard time getting back into the WWE.

The Flash

Reaction score
If they're not careful, they'll end up both released from TNA, HIGHLY doubt WWE will take them back, ROH sure as hell won't want them. Matt will be main eventing in a local indy fed by next year..

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I was wondering why he hasn't been on T.V for a minute. But smh first Jeff with his shit and now Matt got himself suspended. Kind of not surprised though Matt seems to think he is a bigger star than he really is because his brother was an actual star with WWE.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Both Matt and Jeff really need to wake up and realize the world doesnt revolve around the Hardy's. If they fuck up to the point that they both get fired from TNA think they would have a hard time getting back into the WWE.
In all honesty, I think Jeff would stand a good chance of getting back into the WWE should he be relieved of his contract and not have any court cases hanging over his head because of him still being a likely cash cow for the WWE to milk. Matt on the other hand I think would struggle because of the apparent trouble he caused on his way out, along with all the shit he said too.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I would say Jeff would be welcomed back for sure but same time he did apparently have some drug issue the day of that PPV that started all his drama in TNA so I think that would be in the back of WWE's mind before jumping to sign him. He would fill the void that Edge left however so maybe they would overlook it.

The Flash

Reaction score
Jeff would likely be brought back because he makes loads of $$ for Vince McMahon, but it prob would'nt last long because Jeff would either get himself in trouble again or leave WWE on Bad terms once again.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: nodq.com

It was reported earlier this week that Matt Hardy was suspended by TNA Wrestling due to continuously arriving late to live events and posting a video online of himself urging Jeff Hardy to stun a woman with a taser, "among other reasons." It was noted to Hardy on Twitter that a group of thirty asked for refunds when it was announced that he would not be on hand for Friday's live event in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Instead, they were given free merchandise.

Hardy wrote, "I thank those peeps who stood up for me. I haven't done anything wrong.. And the "Fans Voices Should Matter"-don't ever forget that!"

He continued, "If you asked for a refund in Ft. Wayne cuz I wasn't there, tweet me your story and I will RT it.. And I thank you from the bottom of my heart!"

Hardy also continues to take issue with wrestling websites that publish inaccurate stories.

"As I said earlier, I have no more beef with the net. They're people tryin to make a living off of the business that we are the lifeblood of," Hardy wrote. "With that said, you certainly can't believe everything you read. There's always details to situations that they have no clue about and therefore report incorrectly."
Laughed at him for claiming to not have beef with net sites when that is all he does is worry about them when anything about him is posted.