TNA Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
So...I found out that GYV are now free from WWE, and now I am hoping to see them in IMPACT to face ABC and MCMG
Those matches would def be nice but I'm disappointed in how they've chosen to present themselves post-WWE. They're just yet another "I was in WWE and it was crap" gimmick, and we don't want TNA to be stuck with that image again

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Those matches would def be nice but I'm disappointed in how they've chosen to present themselves post-WWE. They're just yet another "I was in WWE and it was crap" gimmick, and we don't want TNA to be stuck with that image again
It is what gets post-WWE over and booked honestly, and at this point I couldn't care less. I just want to see good matches and stories

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Tbf with their last gimmick they have a point

Reactions: Alexa

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
How long until "I was in AEW and it was crap" gimmicks start? I think the closest we've gotten is Kaz's return promo but he didn't really lean into it

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
How long until "I was in AEW and it was crap" gimmicks start? I think the closest we've gotten is Kaz's return promo but he didn't really lean into it
Another year

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
And, let's be honest in today's wrestling culture being post-WWE or AEW is a good thing because it means you can go anywhere and get a rocket strapped to your ass and be in the main event and make good money, lol. Just look at Trinity, Mercedes, Matt Cordona, Steph de Lander, Christian, and some more.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Really it's been like that for a long time, how many indies have you seen feature "Former WWE Superstar" talent on their cards constantly

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Fair, but it isn't big as it is today. Like sure you had cards like "featuring the former Yokozuna" and such, but things have changed, and the major indies and such aren't quite outlaw mud shows as they were.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
And don't get me wrong Sky, I do see your point about not wanting TNA to become like they were or even AEW, to a limited degree, but they could just drop that gimmick after while or just not do it in TNA. I am just looking on a brighter side of thinking instead of the more cynical, critical side.