TNA Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Always thought she was pretty special from her ROH days honestly before she got THICK lol sorry couldn't help it

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I forgot... she was in TNA in 2014. On one of those throwaway mini PPVs, she lost to Brooke Tessmacher

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I forgot... she was in TNA in 2014. On one of those throwaway mini PPVs, she lost to Brooke Tessmacher
Deonna for real? Wow, crazy she beat Awesome Kong by submission on the indies. Love Deonna but idk if that's believable

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Wikipedia on history of pro wrestling in Puerto Rico said:
By 2004, the IWA had gained an upper hand in the rivalry between both promotions, with WWC considering to sell stocks to outside investors such as Panda Energy and Jimmy Hart.
That's a HUGE what if. What if TNA's owners had stocks in WWC

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Sadly too late for Carlito to become a TNA Original but it's wild to think about
I'm kinda mad Ray Gonzalez didn't get to come to TNA imagine him in LAX or maybe rivals with Ricky Banderas. Ray Gonzalez pulled a Carlos Colon and beat Double J for the NWA title at a IWA show. But I can't remember if Jarrett beat him in a rematch or they just ignored it and said it wasn't official like Ric Flair did all those years ago

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I'm kinda mad Ray Gonzalez didn't get to come to TNA imagine him in LAX or maybe rivals with Ricky Banderas. Ray Gonzalez pulled a Carlos Colon and beat Double J for the NWA title at a IWA show. But I can't remember if Jarrett beat him in a rematch or they just ignored it and said it wasn't official like Ric Flair did all those years ago
I'd have loved them to play on that to bring Ray in but no, they quietly overturned the result because of a wrong ref or some shit

Reactions: Tyler2

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I'd have loved them to play on that to bring Ray in but no, they quietly overturned the result because of a wrong ref or some shit
IWA was pretty big at one point, they almost took down the WWC. Would've been interesting to see more crossovers. If I'm not mistaken Abyss started his gimmick in IWA

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
A lot of good shit started in Puerto Rico, shame none of it's been recorded to history
I sometimes kick myself for not getting into wrestling when I lived there

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Scott D'Amore: I Almost Got Fired For Refusing To Do A Destroyer Back In The Day, Now Everyone Does It​

Scott D'Amore wanted to protect the Canadian Destroyer.

Petey Williams doing the Canadian Destroyer on TNA/IMPACT television during the early days of the X-Divsion was mind-blowing for some people, including Will Ospreay at the time. Now, fans can watch multiple Destroyers in a match or on a card.
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...national-events-crowds-bring-different-energy
Speaking on What Do You Call It? Scott D'Amore discussed his hesitation to do a Destroyer when he was part of Team Canada alongside Petey, and why he has no issue doing it in 2023.

"It's funny because I refused to do the Canadian Destroyer on TV for so long. I almost got fired over it back in the day. They wanted me to hit a Canadian Destroyer on AJ Styles on TV and I was like, 'there's no way the fat dopey manager is hitting the coolest move in wrestling.' Back in 2004, 2005, the Canadian Destroyer was magical. Petey was the only guy doing it and people almost didn't know how it was done. Will Ospreay told me the other day that he and his friends would sit there and watch it back over and over again, trying to figure out how it was done. To me, you would have ruined that moment if Coach D'Amore had done the Canadian Destroyer. Now, fast forward to 2023, and everyone under the sun has done a Canadian Destroyer. It's not going to be bastardized by me doing it, so to hell with everyone else. I was still a little nervous. It was fun," said D'Amore.

D'Amore did the Destroyer to Jason Hotch at IMPACT Sacrifice at 2023. Fans can watch the clip in the video above.
Elsewhere during the interview, D'Amore discussed Trinity coming to IMPACT Wrestling. You can find his full comments by clicking here.
If you use any of the quotes above, please credit the original source with a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.