TNA Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Just finished watching the show and what an excellent show it was.

TNA has been absolutely brilliant since the move to Destination America, the storylines are seriously good and the matches are awesome too. The tag team title match was fantastic at Lockdown and was probably my favourite match. Every match was pretty awesome tho, it's great to see a womens feud that doesn't actually revolve around the title too.

Anyone not watching TNA is missing out big time.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Pfft, even if TNA is good right now (debatable I'm sure) they'll certainly find a way to fuck it up again shortly.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Pfft, even if TNA is good right now (debatable I'm sure) they'll certainly find a way to fuck it up again shortly.
Why don't you watch it and then pass judgment?

It's legitimately interesting and good right now.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Why don't you watch it and then pass judgment?

It's legitimately interesting and good right now.
Because I don't have to watch it again to know that they'll blow it all to hell in short order. They've done it EVERY single time before so what possible faith can I have in them? Speaking of which....

The Linebacker said:
I've seen the spoilers, give it a few weeks......
So, just as I expected.

In case you weren't aware Charlie, I was one of the biggest TNA supporters and defenders for years, basically resurrected a dead TNA section on another site and made it thrive even more than the WWE section there and damn well enjoyed their product more than WWE's. Then they burned me time and time again and I'm not going to stand for it any more. TNA is a joke to me now, but if you like it then more power to you.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Because I don't have to watch it again to know that they'll blow it all to hell in short order. They've done it EVERY single time before so what possible faith can I have in them? Speaking of which....

So, just as I expected.

In case you weren't aware Charlie, I was one of the biggest TNA supporters and defenders for years, basically resurrected a dead TNA section on another site and made it thrive even more than the WWE section there and damn well enjoyed their product more than WWE's. Then they burned me time and time again and I'm not going to stand for it any more. TNA is a joke to me now, but if you like it then more power to you.

Lol you're not going to stand for it anymore. Who are you trying to spite? What exactly did they do to piss you off so?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Lol you're not going to stand for it anymore. Who are you trying to spite? What exactly did they do to piss you off so?

It's just a figure of speech ffs, you don't need to analyze it.

Well, let's see, they bungled the Storm/Roode story by not ending it at Lockdown, instead doing a finish that made Storm look like a fucking moron. Then they pushed Aries to the moon only to quickly backtrack and put the belt on a drug addict who had, just over a year before, been so high he couldn't even participate in a match. During all of this, they debuted possibly the worst stable of all-time in Aces and Eights and proceeded to do fuck all with them for months.

How about the bizarre Chris Sabin title run? The King Mo debacle? Tito Ortiz? Claire FUCKING Lynch? The fact that those things only scratch the surface of TNA's issues says quite a lot about how pathetic the company was and, sadly, still is. Just because they do a few things right doesn't mean they won't fuck it all up again as they've proven so adept at doing in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's just a figure of speech ffs, you don't need to analyze it.

Well, let's see, they bungled the Storm/Roode story by not ending it at Lockdown, instead doing a finish that made Storm look like a fucking moron. Then they pushed Aries to the moon only to quickly backtrack and put the belt on a drug addict who had, just over a year before, been so high he couldn't even participate in a match. During all of this, they debuted possibly the worst stable of all-time in Aces and Eights and proceeded to do fuck all with them for months.

How about the bizarre Chris Sabin title run? The King Mo debacle? Tito Ortiz? Claire FUCKING Lynch? The fact that those things only scratch the surface of TNA's issues says quite a lot about how pathetic the company was and, sadly, still is. Just because they do a few things right doesn't mean they won't fuck it all up again as they've proven so adept at doing in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hell was wrong with aces and eights? The way Bully was revealed as the leader was brilliant. Who cares if they put the world title on Jeff hardy just because he fucked up that one time. He's obviously managed to stay clean since then so it's fine then.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The hell was wrong with aces and eights? The way Bully was revealed as the leader was brilliant.
Who got over? I suppose you could say Ray being revealed was brilliant if it wasn't so fucking obvious to anyone with 1/3 of a brain.

As far as Hardy goes, the point is that he did damage to himself and could have harmed others in his condition. TNA's response was to basically reward him for going to rehab rather than send a message that behaviour like his should not be tolerated...PERIOD. It's just bush league and shows that they obviously don't give a fuck about the health or well-being of their performers. Kurt Angle is another example of this.

Honestly, behaviour like that is pretty reprehensible and would be reason enough not to support the company.

EDIT: Also, way to conveniently ignore everything else I said because you can't argue it's stupidity.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Who got over? I suppose you could say Ray being revealed was brilliant if it wasn't so fucking obvious to anyone with 1/3 of a brain.

As far as Hardy goes, the point is that he did damage to himself and could have harmed others in his condition. TNA's response was to basically reward him for going to rehab rather than send a message that behaviour like his should not be tolerated...PERIOD. It's just bush league and shows that they obviously don't give a fuck about the health or well-being of their performers. Kurt Angle is another example of this.

Honestly, behaviour like that is pretty reprehensible and would be reason enough not to support the company.

EDIT: Also, way to conveniently ignore everything else I said because you can't argue it's stupidity.

King Mo? He's literally appeared on impact twice. Not sure what you're getting at.

And now am I suppose to come back with an argument for Claire lynch :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
King Mo shouldn't have been there in the first place, that's what I'm talking about. Same goes for Ortiz.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
TNA has made countless mistakes in the past but I don't see any relevance to how TNA are doing at the moment, I would rather enjoy it and hope that it lasts for a long time rather than just expect them to mess up.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
TNA has made countless mistakes in the past but I don't see any relevance to how TNA are doing at the moment, I would rather enjoy it and hope that it lasts for a long time rather than just expect them to mess up.
It's relevant because of their track record. I'd like them to succeed, but it's impossible to deny that they haven't exactly been great at being consistently good since their inception.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
It's relevant because of their track record. I'd like them to succeed, but it's impossible to deny that they haven't exactly been great at being consistently good since their inception.
I agree that in the past TNA has made various different mistakes which just screamed stupidity. However, with this move to the new network they are showing signs of life, they are actually looking good. Their matches are solid, their character development is top notch and just the overall feuds are pretty good. I am being the optimist, I think that this can carry on and I am going to enjoy it and support them.