• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Also, it hit me that Masha v Jordynne was Rocky IV but backwards

• Wow
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Also, it hit me that Masha v Jordynne was Rocky IV but backwards
Jordynne:
evil-are-we-the-baddies.gif

Reactions: Alexa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I remember doing a show with New Japan where I wanted to get power bombed on the floor. The officials at New Japan came up to me like maybe ten times, ‘No, PCO. We catch, we catch.’ No, if you catch, I’m human. If you don’t catch, I’m not human. That was going on for maybe ten times, maybe for an hour, an hour and a half, and I had to really fight over (it).

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky

Some interesting 2008 stories from JJJ

On TNA threatening fines to Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin for refusing to blade: “I can remember a couple of instances and one that — I can remember this, and when they brought it to me and I’m like I almost said, ‘Are you serious?’ I got a lot more clarity in 2023 than I did then, but I thought, ‘What do you mean, they don’t want to? Like are they afraid, or they don’t think it’s right for the angle or the storyline? They don’t think it’s right for their character? They don’t think it’s going to be believable? Give me some context why you don’t want to do this.’ Same thing, Andy Douglas was asked to cut his hair and he refused. And I’m thinking, ‘Why? What is the reasoning? Is it afraid it’s not going to grow back? It’s not good for the character?’

“‘Look, if you don’t want to do it I understand, but you know we run a business here and if you’re telling us what you do and don’t want to do, I totally get that. We’re just going to move on from you as a talent. Make sure you understand that.’ I kind of had this in my mind thinking, ‘Why are they so vehemently opposed?’ Again born and raised in this business, it was it just kind of part of the trade. I now know that people don’t exactly view it that way in so many ways. Some do, some don’t. So, now it’s a mixed bag but I didn’t understand why they didn’t want to do it. Then when you got into kind of the fine situation, again I was never big on fines. Not just for this, but across the board. There’s other ways like if you’re going to show up for work, great, pay them. If you’re not just don’t book them. That is much more effective than a fine. Just you’re off.”

On Paul Heyman criticizing TNA in 2008: “So, no. I never had any conversation. I didn’t have a conversation. Me and Paul reacquainted ourselves four or five years ago and we just, we text often and he’s one of the funniest guys. He’s great. He’s a character, man. But, so I never had a conversation. The luxury of doing this podcast Conrad, is kind of want to look back. Bob Carter talked to Jim Ross, Eric Bischoff before he came in, he was very outspoken. ‘I don’t even know who AJ Styles is,’ you know, different things like that. Paul made those comments, they’re all fair enough. They were obviously — I don’t even want to call them casual watchers maybe, just we were so under the radar in so many ways.

“And if you would have asked Paul, because you know he commented on, ‘It’s a vanity project,’ and I know exactly it’s the connotation of Dixie Carter. The analogy of he’s tying it to Dixie Carter vanity, but I believe if you would have asked Paul during this time ‘Hey Paul, do you think TNA’s making any money?’ He probably would have said not a penny losing. I think the perception because of our first, two, three, four years is that we were that vanity thing that just continued to just show up. I think if he would have got under the hood he would have still said ‘You know what, we need to brand TNA more. We need to make AJ Styles the centerpiece.’ All of his points there’s some validity to all of them. I think he wasn’t completely in engaged or knew all the pieces of the puzzle. Because, I believe if he did have I think he would have said things maybe, maybe not with a different twist.”

Reactions: Alexa and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2