TNA TV TITLE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

fuzzy

Reaction score
Anyone know what they're doing with the TV title? Aybss had the title last, he got taken out by crimson. so what happened to the title? they haven't mentioned it at all at any of the tna impacts since that episode.
Did they drop the title?

Reaction score
I think they maybe scrapping it, by "wrestling law" the title has to be defened once every 30 days, and that hasn't happened so, I fear it maybe getting scrapped

fuzzy

Reaction score
That's very stupid on TNA's part, first they make a joke of by changing the name every month, and now this.....
They can do so much more than throwing it aside.
They're probly going to be the same with the x-division ttle.

1chiban

Reaction score
The 30 day rule is only used when they want it for storyline purposes. And by 'they' I mean both WWE and TNA. Look at the US Title, Bryan hasn't defended that for ages,at least not to my knowledge.

Airfixx

Reaction score
From the days of the MEM, to the World Elite and now as the TV title, that belt has never meant shit.... They missed their chance by not having AJ (Or even Williams) carry it as a l-o-o-o-o-n-g term champ a la RVD in ECW. (A million and one face/heel turns since then not withstanding, mind.... :roll: )

1chiban

Reaction score
I don't think any of the belts in either WWE or TNA really mean much these days.

LSD

Reaction score
It's embarrassing that they would vacate RVD's title and not Abyss. I know storyline-wise Bischoff wouldn't want to strip Abyss, but why not do a tournament and have Hardy win so it stays with immortal?

How i'd book it... Tournemnt style including Samoa Joe, The Pope, Matt Hardy, Rob Terry, Douglas Williams, Magnus, Jay Lethal, and Matt Morgan. Have Hardy win and keep the belt with immortal. THEN DEFEND IT EVERY WEEK !! Im not even a Hardy fan but better on him than NOWHERE.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Like you say, why would Bishoff strip the title off of one of his boys (and furthermore risk losing it altogether)?

I don't think any of the belts in either WWE or TNA really mean much these days.

True, but they had an ideal opportunity with a worker like AJ to MAKE it mean something... If they treated it like a full-blown TV title with regular defenses, the belt and his matches would become the true weekly highlight of Impact and a welcome distraction from all the convoluted booking and stupidity throughout the rest of the show.

fuzzy

Reaction score
but why have abyss win it in the first place, when you already know that he's gonna been gone in a storyline. unless they do week to week storylines. which is really dumb.