TNA To Focus More On Younger Talent?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

This is THE List
1 Albert
2 The Mountie
3 Val Venis
4 Rikishi
5 Dean Douglas
6 Chyna
7 Road Dogg
8 Marc Mero
9 D-Lo Brown
10 The Godfather

Oh, you wanted the best, my bad.

HAAHAHA. Thats a hilarious list. I marked out huge for the mountie back in my younger years.

MachoSamoa

Reaction score
Not a single one of my favorites are on any of the other lists. That is a pure accident.

Wild II

Reaction score
Honkey Tonk was an abysmal champ. Orton had the best IC reign for years and years.

Ben

Reaction score
Amongst TNA Wrestling officials, there has been talk of changing the focus from “big name†veteran stars of yesteryear to the younger performers in the organization.

One source stated that the members of Fortune—AJ Styles, James Storm, Robert Roode and Kazarian—would be among the top babyfaces in the company and that “it would be interesting to see†what happens when the contracts of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair come due. However, the source added that while creative is behind the proposition, plans could easily change.

The source feels that Impact’s ratings in the coming weeks will be the deciding factor in whether the company begins focusing on younger talents.

“The key is the ratings,†the source stated. “[Dixie Carter] panics when the ratings dip. If it moves two points, she’ll panic.â€

The source explained that if Impact’s ratings fall one point as they did last week (from a 1.3 to a 1.2), the company’s creative direction stays course. However, the feeling is that Carter tends to overreact when the ratings slide down two points.

Source: PW Torch

This has been said before, and at this point, I really hope to see it happen. Start focusing on some of the younger guys, that have been there for awhile and start bringing in new guys again and giving them some focus also. Keeping guys like Anderson, Hardy and RVD around is fine also, as they still have value, but think they'll be better off with out the guys like Hogan and Flair.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll believe it when I see it, because you know how much of a hardon TNA has for the older guys.

If they do go the younger guys route though, they have to commit to it and not just drop it at the first sign of a slight trouble.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Was just about to post this.

I really hope this stays on course because I've been on high on all members of Fourtune for quite some time. Hell I've been high on AJ since seeing him and Air Paris in WCW back in 2001.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
If Dixie panics when the company doesn't do good then she should be dead by now.

TNA sucks, Dixie. No matter who you cater to, you'll still suck. I actually find this ironic because in the beginning they were pushing to be anti-PG and anti-kiddie and pro-blood and pro-unprotected chairshots (WTF? Why the hell is unprotected chairshots a pro in their mind?)

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I'd like to once again point out that she turned down Paul Heyman's services as a booker in favor of sticking with Vince Russo's booking.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea, Dixie's part of the problem, she seems like she cares about the talent and the product, but she really needs to take a back seat, and just make sure there's money to keep the shop running. She should handle the business side of things and let someone else not already in the company take over everything creative wise. That's been the problem for years, and it's most likely never going to change.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If they are serious put Fortune on the back burner because all of them have been pushed for almost a decade and aren't new, fresh, or young talent in that sense. The only two of the 4 with a high ceiling is Beer Money, but there is no guarantee they won't even flop as singles guys for a prolonged time.

Give Morgan, Pope, and Hernandez the ball to run with.

Oh and give Joe a fucking role as the go between for the Upper and Mid card ranks

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If they are serious put Fortune on the back burner because all of them have been pushed for almost a decade and aren't new, fresh, or young talent in that sense. The only two of the 4 with a high ceiling is Beer Money, but there is no guarantee they won't even flop as singles guys for a prolonged time.

Give Morgan, Pope, and Hernandez the ball to run with.

Oh and give Joe a fucking role as the go between for the Upper and Mid card ranks
They are still young and compared to the older guys they got are the young talent. AJ is the only one out of that group that has gotten a actual big push as a singles wrestler.

Kizza

Reaction score
buuulllshit.

according to tna, young guys dont draw. funny when neither does hulk hogan.

they need to go back to what made them the alternative, not the carbon copy.

AF.

Reaction score
Not gonna happen. No chance.

Kairi

Reaction score
they need to go back to what made them the alternative, not the carbon copy.

this! yes. as far as focus on younger talent pretty much like everyone else will have to see it.