TNA "The Whole F'in Show! - 12th August 2010 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
TNA "The Whole F'IN Show! - 12th August 2010 Review

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles

Probably the best opener of the year (In TNA on a free show). Alot of amazing bumps and spots. This contest wasn't their best encounter but it sure was a fantastic match. TNA should have given them much more time to this match. There was once or twice during this match where I actually thought that AJ could win. I thought the finish made AJ look weak and I would've preferred AJ to have lost via pinfall but meh, Can't have it all. Fantastic contest to begin what is the best iMPACT ever.

Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love

Firstly, Loving both the outfits. I'm glad Rayne went back to her old outfit and I love Angelina's new one.. Great stuff. As for the match, I think this was the finest match you could have booked with the knockouts. Angelina and Madison are both good wrestlers so it was good to see these two fight. I like Velvet hitting the girl with a chair then attempting to reveal her. The mask was a smart.. Yet awful way of doing things.. She needs to be revealed soon.

Ken Anderson vs. Matt Morgan vs. "The Pope" Deangelo Dinero

I liked Anderon & Dinero fighting to gain the pinfall. I also like how Morgan was waiting for Anderson to pin Pope only for him to come and get the victory. A better idea would be Gunner & Murphy rushing down and attacking Pope/Anderson which would set them up for a match at the next PPV - Morgan would gain the pinfall by rolling up Pope. A good match but probably the worst match of the night which is an amazing thing for TNA.

Jeff Hardy vs. Shannon Moore

Ergh.. Yeah. Moore accepted and I think he was the perfect opponent. Before, I was thinking negatively regarding this match but now I've seen the contest - Amazing. A good solid match and TNA really built Moore up as one of the top contenders who can go with Hardy. I can only hope that they have another match soon.. There was a great but out-of-nowhere finisher for this contest. Hardy did a great swanton - Well done, TNA camera crew.

Best Of 3 - Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money

Phenomenal. 3 tremendous falls and some awesome action. Tons of great spots and amazing moves and this is exactly why I watch TNAWrestling. Easily the match of the year so far and I can only hope that someone comes along and beats that (Because it will be awesomeness). TNA set the bar here by doing this and I hope WWE were watching and if they were, They were undoubtfully shitting themselves.

Rob Van Dam vs. Abyss

I thought this was actually a good contest for the amount of time it was given. I loved the hardcore stuff and even tho it was pretty predictable that Abyss would go through the glass/barbed wire, It was still enjoyable. I really thought RVD would use that weapon on Abyss but it wasn't to be.

Afterwards, EV 2.0 were assaulted by Fortune in what has to be TNAs best angle this year. TNA and WWE are both extremely :)wink:) exciting at the moment and I loved every second of the segment. The moment where Flair was screaming at Dixie had me laughing. I think Fortune losing all night could be another reason for this attack - At least we finally know who "They" are. Great job, TNA.

Overall Match Rating:

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles - ★★★
Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love - ★ 3/4
Ken Anderson vs. Matt Morgan vs. "The Pope" Deangelo Dinero - ★★
Jeff Hardy vs. Shannon Moore - ★★★
Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money - ★★★★★
Rob Van Dam vs. Abyss - ★★★​

imported_Adam

Reaction score
if you'd watched reaction, abyss said they are still coming, so it wasn't fortune, contrary to popular belief. also i don't see how you rated rvd vs abyss at only 3 stars it was clearly better than styles vs angle or hardy vs moore which you gave the same rating. it also kinda ruins fortune's respect by them attacking ev2.0 because now alot of people have lost respect for them by jumping the originals behind with a bunch of weapons, also what abyss did to rvd was disgusting even though it wasn't real and i hope to see abyss get hurt in the future since clearly what he went through in the match wasn't enough.. >:)