TNA Suing WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Seems like they're making the bulk of there case on that WWE held it three weeks, which I could explain away as lawyers figuring out the proper course of action I mean it had to go from Hayes to the legal team which probably took a week on it's own. Then the other portion seems to be Flair who as stated just saw all of his WWE buddy's at WM and that could have been enough I mean his boy HHH is in charge now for the most part so thats again pretty easy explanation. Unless they can get someone on there roster to testify against WWE I'd say there boned.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I thought wrestlers in America were classified as independent contractors, so why is this even as issue?

WWE's 'no compete' clause wouldn't even hold up in court (see Brock Lesnar case) so this would get laughed out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It says that TNA have a copy of an email he sent to WWE detailing the wrestlers contracts, does this mean that Wittenstein sent the email through his TNA email account or would WWE have provided this email for him? Doesn't look good for Wittenstein at all. I don't think that the court will take his word that WWE told him to do it since already in this article it says that he had previously lied about being fired from TNA. Not a very reliable witness, I suspect that he is going to be in a lot of trouble and I still doubt that WWE will be punished by the courts.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I have no idea if this has been said, I haven't read any other post since mine, if I even posted in here. I have read the OP, and in my opinion. Flair was in WWE first, and it wouldn't be the Four Horsemen without him. Is TNA willing to destroy something like that? Something as monumental as the Four Horsemen being inducted into the HOF? Dicks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't see what any of that has to do with this to be honest :hm:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Allegedly, but nothing to do with the HOF.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No, they were happy for him to attend the HOF, what they aren't happy about is that Flair recently tried to quit and they are claiming that WWE offered him a deal once they realised that his contract expired soon. TNA claim that they found out his contract expiry date from these illegally acquired documents. TNA don't seem to think that Flair would talk to his friends, like HHH, about when his deal expired.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to PWInsider.com, WWE has requested that a conference be held concerning the lawsuit being brought upon the company by TNA Wrestling.

WWE filed a motion in a Nashville court requesting that the conference be held on June 4th, and the court agreed, so it will take place this Monday at 1:30pm. John Laurinaitis has reportedly been deposed for the lawsuit, however due to "previously advertised and committed television appearances," he will be unable to attend the conference.

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt has filed paperwork to represent the company in this case.

I am sure TNA legal team can't match up to WWE legal team. TNA is just trying to get easy exposure. Jerry would eat chumps like them for breakfast.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the end the big target is that guy that took all their files illegally, they have an easy case against him and I still think that the case against WWE will be dropped before it even reaches court.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Familiar with the TNA Legal Team are we?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
PWInsider.com has released details behind WWE's in-depth response to TNA's lawsuit against the company, and the following are highlights from the response:

-WWE's statement stated they had fired Brian Wittenstein on 4/27 after they became aware of Wittenstein providing WWE's John Laurinaitis with a CD and print out of confidential TNA information. Wittenstein claimed he obtained the information while working for TNA.

-Laurinaitis then informed WWE's in-house legal department after being given the information. WWE then said Wittenstein was let go specifically due to their concerns that he had "improperly obtained information" from his time as an employeee with TNA. WWE said Laurinaitis didn't copy or keep the information.

-WWE stated that Wittenstein was advised he was being let go and took back his company-issued laptop and Blackberry. Searches by WWE's IT department showed no evidence that copies of the TNA material were still on Wittenstein's computer or Blackberry after WWE took back possession of the material.

-WWE stated that searches of their email server and in-house servers showed no proof that Wittenstein had emailed out the material to anyone else working for WWE. 27 employees working in WWE's talent relationship and creative writing departments were searched.

-In TNA's lawsuit against WWE, the company claimed WWE had waited several weeks before contacting them. WWE has a different story. In the filing yesterday, WWE stated that Wittenstein was let go on 4/27 and "on or around" 5/3, WWE's General Councel called TNA's Director of Talent Relations Bruce Prichard to inform him of the situation. Prichard then referred WWE to TNA's General Counsel, Crede Williams.

-WWE claimed messages were left several times for Williams between 5/4 and 5/7 before he returned the calls. Williams asked WWE to send the material to him. WWE complied via Express Mail on 5/8 and TNA received the material on 5/9. TNA then filed the lawsuit on 5/23.

-WWE noted in the filing that TNA had a "lack of basis for believing WWE has any of their material" after a search revealed that none of the TNA material was on any company servers. WWE also added that it would not be appropriate for TNA to be able to search the company's server due to concerns for WWE intellectual property landing in the hands of TNA employees.

-Searches of John Laurinaitis' email server account revealed zero evidence that he had the material still in possession according to WWE.

-WWE added that due to the size of their six large servers, it would not be physically possible to transport them to Nashville to be examined.

The planned 6/11 hearing has been continued indefinitely to allow both sides to work on scheduling the discovery process of the lawsuit.

TNA is at fault. Seems WWE tried to do the right thing and TNA didn't respond to their messages, and it took them an extra 2 weeks to file the lawsuit. Probably because they only have 1 employee who works at the office. TNA just looking for free publicity for their indy promotion. TNA should be charged.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So if one of these reports come out that is TNA's versions of events are you going to believe that seen as though you're taking WWE's version of events as factual, or shrug them off as wrong because they're the smaller promotion that you are quick to shit on at any opportunity?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How can TNA be a fault when their documents were stolen? What that recent article does is put some doubt on whether it took WWE three weeks to notify TNA about the breach after they fired Wittenstein.