TNA Slammiversary Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

ppv5a.jpg

ppv8.jpg

ppv9.jpg

Have no idea when some of these got announced. Anyways Joe/Aries and the tag title matches are so far the only 2 matches that interest me at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tag match should be awesome. Rest of the card doesn't look so good though. Sting/Roode will be decent at best, as long as Roode wins I won't complain, Sting definitely shouldn't be there though. Bully vs Park is stupid, Bully should be the one in the main event. Devon/Garett vs The Robbies will suck, but at least Garett isn't being shoved down our throats anymore.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Roode vs Sting again? I'm a huge TNA supporter but this feud needs to stop. Roode has done a great job as Champion, so hopefully he retains.

Tag title match should be really good, most likely the match of the night. I expect a title change.

Rest of the card is meh. I was kind of hoping the Garrett Bischoff experiment was over, but like said above, at least I don't have to deal with the super push

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wait how the hell did Joe vs Aires get booked? That's a dream match of mine yet its going to happen with absolutely zero build. God damn it TNA. I'm excited for the tag team match but other than that not much to get excited for. The whole Bully Ray Park storyline is horrendous.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
According to an earlier report, Samoa Joe vs Austin Aries was announced last night and was scheduled to take place at TNA's Slammiversary pay-per-view in two weeks. That match, and the corresponding image on the match preview page, has since been removed from Impact Wrestling's website. No word on if the match has been scrapped all together, or if the company is waiting to make a more formal announcement this week.

The match may have been pulled but who knows, imo I think they probably need the names like AA and Joe on the card for matches and to add a few extra buys so still likely it could go on and they are just wanting to do an announcement later this week as said in the report. But maybe they also wanted to do a match like that with a proper build so it might not happen.

I think they should take the X Division Championship off Aries and then push him into the World Championship scene soon.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Tag team title match should be really good, I hate the storyline surrounding this match but the match quality will be excellent. I like Daniels and Kaz as a tag team so I hope they retain the titles.

Sting in the mainevent again makes no sense to me. It doesn't draw, it doesn't help put Roode over and Sting doesn't need it anymore. Sting would be better used underneath the mainevent working with some uppermidcarders to help get them into the mainevent. This does nothing for Roode even if he wins the match and he definitely should win. I have a bad feeling that since this is the 10th anniversary Sting will win the title.

Bully Ray versus Joseph Park is stupid as is the entire storyline. Why not just bring back Abyss and drop this ridiculous character?

With the tv title division tag match it doesn't really interest me. I wonder why Garrett is the extra man rather than Jeff Hardy since it was Jeff and Devon that fought off the Robbie's on Impact.

Joe vs. Aries for the X Division title would be a great addition.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is a terrible ppv and very unremarkable for what is supposed to be the company's second or third biggest event of the year.

Sting VS. Roode is not a worthy main event.

The tag title match is only one so far that stands out (assuming the X match is still unoffical).

Why is Ray wasting his time with Park/Abyss when he should be pushing the main event? The match will stink because as good as Ray has been he is not good enough to get a decent match out of this guy.

The other tag match looks horrible, it is a jobbers fest I tell you!

My only issue with the X match if it is made offical is that Joe is not the talent he once was so I am not sure if the match with Aries would be as special as it might have been in say 2007?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
According to TNA's Twitter yesterday, front row seats are still available. That is sad, but I'm also pondering going since I only live 2 hours or so away from Arlington. If the card was better, I'd definitely go, but at this point, I probably won't.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Add a knockouts title match to the card aswell as Gail's opponent will be announced on iMPACT with the winner of a fourway getting the shot. Hoping for a Mickie win as it will be a worthy PPV match given 10 minutes or so.

rcoot93

Reaction score
According to TNA's Twitter yesterday, front row seats are still available. That is sad, but I'm also pondering going since I only live 2 hours or so away from Arlington. If the card was better, I'd definitely go, but at this point, I probably won't.

I wouldn't be suprised if they have to paper it so you might as well make the trip and try to get tickets that way

Not seeing a big buy rate here I will watch but only because we get it free in the UK. Big sting fan but not interested in main event or rest of card except tag match and aries

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Card updated.

Definitley NOT a 10 year anniversary worthy show but i'll likely catch parts of this show.

For anyone who didn't watch iMPACT last night, Crimson put out an open challenge after bragging about his streak and that it was better than Goldberg's. I wouldn't expect them to bring in Goldberg, but I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was actually a surprise addition and not someone in the back.

When in the hell did Hernandez/Kash get added?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A side from the X match the new matches don't really excit me.

The Knockouts will be okay but MT is not a big enough challenger and unworthy of a second straight ppv shot.

Hernedez/Kash is so ramdon. I have little or no interest in either at this point. This is pure filler.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hernandez/Kash makes no sense. Neither guy has been on Impact in months.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I didn't even know Kash still worked for the company. Pure filler, probably the opener.

Aries vs Joe and the tag title match still look to be the best matches on the card.

I actually think Tessmacher may win the belt, especially if Mickie is going to be pushed as a heel.

The Triple Threat will be ok. Same stuff we've seen from all three guys for the past 5 or 6 years. Still think Van Dam gets the win.

And there's absolutely no reason for Sting to go over Roode.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Quick thoughts on each match:

Kash vs Hernandez: The fuck? Probably will be decent at least, both good workers.

Crimson's open challenge: Meh, probably will be Eric Young again. Would shit myself if it was someone actually mildly surprising.

Robbie E & T vs Devon and Garett: Probably going to be the worst match of the night. If it gets more than 4 minutes, I'll riot.

Joe vs Aries: This one could be special, hope it gets at least 15, would rather it go 20, but it probably won't.

Brooke vs Gail: Sacrifice match was better than expected, Brooke is improving in the ring, still don't think she should get the rematch, but since they gave it to her, I think she'll get the win.

RVD vs Hardy vs Anderson: It'll at least be decent, could be good, but I just don't care about either of these three anymore. And I was a huge RVD/Hardy mark just a few years ago.

Bully Ray vs Joseph Park: Bully deserves better. I seriously have no idea where they're taking this one, can't even give any sort of opinion whatsoever other than it probably won't be good and Bully should be the one facing Roode, not Sting.

Tag title match: This one is probably going to be match of the night. I can see this one going 20 and I'll love it. For the love of all that's good in the world, Dixie better not get involved. This match could save the show.

Sting vs Roode: Meh, it'll be alright, and I'm actually okay with it if, and only if Roode retains. If Sting wins then we set fire to Bruce Prichard's house.