TNA signs...Brooke Hogan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
TMZ.com said:
Brooke Hogan is following in her father's giant yellow footsteps ... TMZ has learned she just inked a deal to join the TNA Wrestling family.

TNA President Dixie Carter tells TMZ ... Brooke is NOT going to be a wrestler ... but rather an executive who will be tasked to develop female talent.

We're told Brooke's duties will help up and coming she-wrestlers develop their characters, help with backstage promos and even consult on entrance music.

Obviously, 24-year-old Brooke has been around the wrestling world her entire life ... and believes she can help improve the organization. It doesn't hurt that her father also works for TNA.

Carter tells us, "Brooke is such a great talent who's really sharp and will make a great addition to the TNA family."

:lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dixie Carter is fucking stupid. That is all.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
So let me get thist right, Brooke has tasked of developing female talent. WHAT THE FUCK DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT TALENT.

Her duties will help up and coming she-wrestlers develop their characters, help with backstage promos and even consult on entrance music. :lmao

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
rofllllllllllllllll nepotism running wild in that company.

Garrett and Brooke the new HHH & Stephanie McMahon :lol:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd have preferred her as a female wrestler or some sort of on screen character

TNA President Dixie Carter tells TMZ ... Brooke is NOT going to be a wrestler ... but rather an executive who will be tasked to develop female talent.

We're told Brooke's duties will help up and coming she-wrestlers develop their characters, help with backstage promos and even consult on entrance music.

But what the hell gives her the abilities to do any of that? What qualifications? Has she ever even trained?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Here's the official press release by TNA:

BROOKE HOGAN TO JOIN TNA’S “IMPACT WRESTLING” ON SPIKE TV STARTING THURSDAY, MAY 31

New York, NY, May 17, 2012 – Television personality and recording artist Brooke Hogan is joining the cast of the highly-rated weekly wrestling program, TNA’s “IMPACT WRESLTING” starting Thursday, May 31 on Spike TV. Brooke’s role will be as the Executive in Charge of the female wrestling division, The Knockouts.

Brooke will join a star-studded cast of the biggest names in professional wrestling, including her father, wrestling legend Hulk Hogan. TNA’s flagship series, “IMPACT WRESLTING,” telecasts on Spike TV and is one of the network’s top-rated series on Thursday nights with young men and currently ranks among the top shows on cable in its timeslot with Men 18-34.

In addition to overseeing the traditional duties of the Knockouts Division, Brooke will bring a new energy and direction to the role working with the girls in a variety of capacities.

"I have really gotten to know Brooke by working with her on her music career this past year and a half," said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling. "When we did talk wrestling, I not only loved her passion and knowledge of it, but the fresh, creative ideas she would come up with. She is very savvy. I asked if she would consider teaming up with me in this capacity while she also worked on her music, and I was thrilled when she said ‘yes.’ A big personality runs in her genes, obviously, and I know she is going to take an already exciting division of Impact Wrestling to another level."

Brooke is heading to New York next week for a media tour to promote her addition to the IMPACT WRESTLING team. Brooke will also promote “IMPACT WRESTLING’s” move to 8 PM and that the series will telecast LIVE for the summer starting Thursday, May 31. TNA's 10th anniversary SLAMMIVERSARY pay-per-view-event is set for June 10th in Dallas, Texas.

The TNA roster features many of the top names in wrestling including the aforementioned Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Sting, James Storm, Rob Van Dam, and the lovely and lethal Knockouts.

Brooke Hogan, a native of Tampa, Fl, is a successful television personality, singer and songwriter. Brooke starred in two acclaimed non-scripted shows on Spike’s sister network, VH1, including “Hogan Knows Best” and the spinoff, “Brooke Knows Best.” Both were #1 rated shows for the network. Brooke has also released two albums, “Undiscovered” in 2006 which peaked at #28 on the Billboard Hot 100, and “The Redemption” in 2009. Her song, "Everything To Me," peaked at #1 twice on Billboard’s Top Single Chart. Hogan’s film credits include “Little Hercules in 3D,” “Sand Sharks,” and “Devour.”

About Spike TV:
Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV's press site at Spike Press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.

About TNA Entertainment:
TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held sports entertainment company based in Nashville, Tennessee that specializes in events, products, numerous TV properties, merchandise and music, as well as, the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. In addition, TNA produces monthly PPV events and over 100 live shows a year. The product is the world’s most innovative experience in professional wrestling and is broadcast in over 120 countries. For more information, please visit IMPACT WRESTLING : THURSDAY ON SPIKE.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Has Dixie Carter ever said one thing even semi-intelligent?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge.

Sean Waltman was on twitter the other day criticizing Dixie for hiring Bruce Prichard. And said by the end of the decade, WWE will have acquired TNA's library.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Dixie is banging Hogan calling it now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Oh for the love of god TNA, I can only imagine how bad she's gonna fuck up a loaded and talented Knockouts Division :(

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When I think TNA can't do something to top their idiotic decision they always show that we haven't seen nothing yet. Signing her after she has said she has no desire to do what her dad does is bad enough but signing her to do something she has no idea how to do herself to do for others who could teach her is up there as one of the all time dumbest decisions in wrestling period.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not to my knowledge.

Sean Waltman was on twitter the other day criticizing Dixie for hiring Bruce Prichard. And said by the end of the decade, WWE will have acquired TNA's library.

I saw that! I'm going to go back and find some of those tweets because they were pretty good. Think I RT'd all of them.

"@TNADixie Highly disappointed with you as a person who claims to care. More disappointed in your handling of the only alternative to WWE"
"@TNADixie Been meaning to tell you that since your Co. tried to make it look like I no showed your PPV." (That would be Lockdown '10)
"Im just sick of @TNADixie running around playing this benevolent role, when it's a facade."
"@TNADixie BTW Congrats on hiring Bruce Pritchard. Perfect fit . Oine of the biggest lowlifes in the business. Treats ppl like shit if he can"
"Mark my words TNA will be a part of WWE's video catalog before the decade is up."
"Done with my rant. For now. Have a great day everyone."

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dixie is banging Hogan calling it now.

Brooke banging Hogan calling it now.

hulkandbrooke.jpg

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Just when I really started to get into TNA again, this happens. In 2013, Styles, Joe, Roode, Storm, and Aires go to WWE and I don't have to give a damn anymore.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
TNA is stupid.

What the fuck does Brooke know about wrestling, let alone having charisma/mic skills and what does she know about entrance music? Her songs suck.