TNA safier then WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Just answer this question. Do you believe that Vince McMahon purposely meant to kill Own Hart?

I will answer. No, he did not intend to kill him but I have trouble ruling out gross negligence on their part though.

Beer

Reaction score
How could you NOT rule it out? Owen Hart had expressed desire to do the gimmick and the stunt. The chance of the stunt going wrong was so, so slim. It was pretty near completely safe, it was just an accident. Vince neglected nowt.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Just answer this question. Do you believe that Vince McMahon purposely meant to kill Own Hart?
It's hard to say, for me anyway. in one sense i can't say no because i'm going on interviews of family and close friends, i can't say yes either because I don't have solid evidance.
I do agree with MS, on the part of gross negligence on Vince's part.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
How could you NOT rule it out? Owen Hart had expressed desire to do the gimmick and the stunt. The chance of the stunt going wrong was so, so slim. It was pretty near completely safe, it was just an accident. Vince neglected nowt.

There are numerous conflicting stories on whether Owen wanted to do the Blazer gimmick or not, same with the stunt itself. So it's difficult for me to be able to say one way or another in that respect.

Where I feel the negligence comes in was in using the quick release harness that they used. In the book Ring of Hell (again, more conflicting stories and the book might not even be right) the author noted that when they practiced the stunt earlier in the day when it came time for Owen to use the quick release and take his prat fall from 5 feet above the mat, the release didn't work fast enough and Vince apparently wanted it to be done faster. Again, according to the author, the person who at the time was co-ordinating the stunt (who apparently was an outside employee) said that this was not a safe move and wouldn't do it. Vince then fired him and had him replaced with someone who would use the quick release mechanism that they wanted to use which eventually would result in Owen's death.

I'm not saying that I am 100% on board with his theory but it doesn't seem too outside the realm of possibility. I think that there are still a number of unanswered questions from that night that will likely never see the light of day.

Combine that with the rapid out of court settlement they made with his wife after being sued and my own recollections of seeing Sting come out of the rafters many times (if memory serves me correctly he was always strapped in there like a motherfucker) that I can't help but feel that they didn't think what they were doing all the way through and that led to Owen's untimely death. Which from my understanding is negligent behaviour.

fuzzy

Reaction score

Axis

Reaction score
That's a far stretch from Fuzzy's proposition that Vince McMahon set out to kill Owen Hart, and this was his means of doing so.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Define safe in TNA. Safe as in you'll get zero to no TV time but still get a paycheque at the end of week?

Injuries are untimely in wrestling, they could happen without you even knowing. A little pain in your elbow could mean something more serious but you'll still work through it. I still remember this from a Chris Jericho interview on Off the Record few years ago, if you needed time off to nurse an injury or just need time off you can go to Vince and he'll give it to you. Vince doesn't want his superstars injured. Nor should any entertainment production, yeah I'm talking to you Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark.

I don't know what it's like behind the scenes of TNA with the Dr. Seuss rejected storylines they have. I would really like an ex star or a former writer to write a book about that company, cause I'd love to know the behind the scenes.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I guess for me it's the work schedules, the amount of days compared to wwe's, but the way you put NB, then there really isn't a safier place, neither wwe or tna can be safe and I too would like to find out how it works behind the scenes in tna.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^He just said Vince looks out for his guys, and you say the way he put it, WWE still isn't safe?

Dude, just admit you're ignorant, or stupid, and refuse to see that WWE may not be as bad as you pray it is.

You're such a TNA mark it's disgusting.

fuzzy

Reaction score
no man i'm agreeing thata neither is safier from the way NB defined safe, and that i'd be interested in knowing what happens behind the scenes at tna, but as for vince looking out for his wrestlers, not a chance my friend.
and how does that make me a tna mark?

Airfixx

Reaction score
And where is this that Owen didn't want to be the Blue Blazer or do the rafters? Last time I ever saw any case of Owen discussing it, he loved his Blue Blazer gimmick, and the rafters deal, I've never seen anyone say Owen didn't want to do that. Fuzzy, think before you post, seriously.

Owen's assuming the Blue Blazer gimmick again was punnishment for his refusing to do an adultery angle between him, Jarret & Deborah.

So yeah, there is a sad, somewhat dark edge to the situation, but this in no way makes Vince the murderer that Fuzzy's comments suggested.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I never called him that, where in my posts do you see that word?

fuzzy

Reaction score
Axis and Luke just answer these questions for me, no bs or anything, just a staright answer please. thank you.

Why didn't vince answer the question that was asked by one of the female reports in this video? why did vince get so angry about the question that was asked of him? Isn't vince the CEO of the wwe and doesn't the CEO finalize everything in the company, espically something as dangerous as the stunt in which Owen Hart had done?
and anyone else that would like to weigh in on this, please do.
thank you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ahN-Ttzl8M&NR=1

Airfixx

Reaction score
I never called him that, where in my posts do you see that word?

You didn't need to.... Whether you realise what you're actually saying, your words had catagoric implications. ---->

LSD

Reaction score
WWE clearly has a better wellness policy at this point but the lighter schedule for TNA guys probably keeps them healthier as a whole. I wouldn't say that means TNA is safer, there is just a tradeoff in pay/fatigue when you don't work that big of a schedule.