• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA returning to the Impact Zone... (in February)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
TNA Entertainment announced today it is heading home to Universal Studios in Orlando for a series of Pay-Per-View, international television and IMPACT WRESTLING tapings in February, March and April.

TNA Superstars and some very special guests will be in Orlando February 12 – 16 for a fun-filled and action-packed five-day extravaganza of events filmed at Universal Studios Back Lot Stage 20.

Cameras will be rolling for nine events over the five-day run, with eight special One Night Only Pay-Per-Views and Xplosion matches

official impact press release

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This is good news, I guess.

Hopefully some very special guests include some new signings and such, but we'll see. This should be good.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Definitely agree with it being good news, no matter how much @Testify disagrees.

First off, it's not like it's a downsize in crowd quality at all. The recent Impact crowds have been absolutely atrocious, and it can only go up, right?

If this saves them money, hopefully they can invest that money into the roster. Yay!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The roster is my biggest issue at the moment, it's got a solid amount of strengths to it but the weaknesses almost coincide directly with that number.. I feel like adding Justin Gabriel might be a smart move; hard worker, decently known amongst the wrestling community and the contract wouldn't cost that much at all I imagine.

You're right Snow about the "only way to go is up" mentality.. I really don't think it's bad news by any means, it certainly isn't great news but hey we'll see how the whole grouping of days plays out.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
At least we'll be able to see the crowds (then again, NYC crowds have been louder), production value should be better and uhh... Impact has somewhere to do shows, I guess?

I don't like how admission is free. I mean, yeah, people come in and enjoy it, most likely buying merchandise, but then again they're mostly going to be non-wrestling fans, right? After the UK tour crowds, I don't want to have to go back to this.

Snowman1

Reaction score
How is this good news? Not every press release is "good news", ffs. Did you forget the piece of shit venue and plants/turists that was Impact Zone, that cancer of pro-wrestling?

Did you forget the piece of shit venue and nobody that was the place they've been since they came back?

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Today kicks off a wild weekend of TNA Pay-Per-View events being taped at Universal Studios Back Lot Stage 20 in Orlando, Florida! The stars of IMPACT WRESTLING and some of the best wrestlers from across the globe will be on hand to make these events truly special – and can’t miss action for wrestling fans!

All afternoon events will kick-off at 1PM while night time events start at 7PM!

Here is a complete listing of what will be filmed this wekend:

Friday Afternoon – Global IMPACT: USA vs The World
Friday Night – Hardcore Justice
Saturday Afternoon – Jokers Wild
Saturday Night – Knockouts Knockdown 3
Sunday Afternoon – Xtravaganza
Sunday Night – World Cup of Wrestling (Featuring JEFF HARDY)
Monday Afternoon – The TNA Classic
Monday Night: Gutcheck

Also, very special treat for fans on Monday Night, as the show will feature a match with the legendary Japanese superstar: THE GREAT MUTA!

All this and much more when TNA Wrestling invades Universal Studios Back Lot Stage 20 this weekend!

Full FREE entry info here; www.impactwrestling.com/EVENTS

According to this, no Impact Wrestling tv tapings are happening? I would be okay with one or two, but it appears as if they will look towards a proper venue where they can get paying customers. The ONO PPVs could be good and will be aired free throughout the year on Challenge for me, which is good. No idea what The TNA Classic is, and will they be signing anyone on Gutcheck? Muta could be fun, too.