TNA Rebrand Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Never said it did. The point is more, the old guys were drawing because both companies could draw with a literal turd in the middle of the ring at that time
See this is why we’re back to disagreeing. Because the reason why WCW gets cold is because they stopped doing stuff the fans wanted to see like Hogan and Flair and started doing stuff like Nash and Savage and putting Horace Hogan on TV every week and stuff like that. You stay hot by booking stuff the fans want to see and WCW died down because they stop doing that, but my main point though which I think you just agreed with is that age isn’t ever the problem specifically. The whole everyone over 40 have to go thing like Paul Heyman is was saying is just a really dumb concept. Whether or not they can work and whether not they can draw should be the primary concern. Then you make sure you have a youthful undercard that you’re building up to the point that they can draw money.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Anyways, last thing on this particular topic Cody is 38 Romans 38 Knight is 40. Seasoned wrestlers are generally the ones that the fans get behind the most doesn’t mean every once in a blue moon there isn’t a younger wrestler that’s itching to break out but you can’t toss the baby out with the bathwater.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
NWA has young talent alot if it is female tho. I actually think their female roster prob thru strongest thing

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I would probably concur with the little bit I’ve seen. I really think that new champion of theirs has a lotta promise especially.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
See this is why we’re back to disagreeing. Because the reason why WCW gets cold is because they stopped doing stuff the fans wanted to see like Hogan and Flair and started doing stuff like Nash and Savage and putting Horace Hogan on TV every week and stuff like that. You stay hot by booking stuff the fans want to see and WCW died down because they stop doing that, but my main point though which I think you just agreed with is that age isn’t ever the problem specifically. The whole everyone over 40 have to go thing like Paul Heyman is was saying is just a really dumb concept. Whether or not they can work and whether not they can draw should be the primary concern. Then you make sure you have a youthful undercard that you’re building up to the point that they can draw money.
It's really unfair that you cite Kevin Nash as something fans don't want to see. He's over at that time. He's not as over as he thinks he is, but he's over. WCW did flop because of a disconnect with what the fans want, but that's more that, you get booking from multiple people who think wrestling fans don't come to wrestling shows to see wrestling

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Anyways, last thing on this particular topic Cody is 38 Romans 38 Knight is 40. Seasoned wrestlers are generally the ones that the fans get behind the most doesn’t mean every once in a blue moon there isn’t a younger wrestler that’s itching to break out but you can’t toss the baby out with the bathwater.
I think you missed my larger overall point.

Don't book a 48 year old man as your world champion in a minor company. You don't have very far to go and their peak won't last very long in an indy company. Book someone who is 36-41 as your champion. They'll still have mileage.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It's really unfair that you cite Kevin Nash as something fans don't want to see. He's over at that time. He's not as over as he thinks he is, but he's over. WCW did flop because of a disconnect with what the fans want, but that's more that, you get booking from multiple people who think wrestling fans don't come to wrestling shows to see wrestling
Nobody loves Kevin as much as I do but his babyface turn got butchered by the finger poke of doom and then he did a quasi- double term with DDP at the month before and then savage also came back as a fqce and then did a random heel turn a couple weeks before his program with Nash started so yes unfortunately they didn’t draw money. Their two main events drew half of what the pay-per-view did two months before that.

And I’m aware of those other issues. Inlaid them out in another thread. Maybe even this one lol but Nash was one of them and this was when he got power. That’s my point though. The booking kill the interest. Not the age of the performers. The SuperBrawl from 1999 I was talking about more than almost anyone PPV in 1998 and that was actually their hottest year.

You need a hot company AND matches people will pay to see. And a good chunk of the time that includes performers that have been around the block.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think you missed my larger overall point.

Don't book a 48 year old man as your world champion in a minor company. You don't have very far to go and their peak won't last very long in an indy company. Book someone who is 36-41 as your champion. They'll still have mileage.
Maybe I did misunderstand you because I can agree to this point probably. I thought you were shitting on EC3 and I was like no man he’s the most over guy they got right now.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Maybe I did misunderstand you because I can agree to this point probably. I thought you were shitting on EC3 and I was like no man he’s the most over guy they got right now.
Yeah EC3 is over it's just probably best they don't have anyone older than him as the next champion lol

The last thing NWA needs is another old man reign.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
We've spent several pages in this TNA thread talking about old school WWF, WCW and NWA lol

So, who remembers Xplosion?
Only vaguely, because I never got whatever channel it was supposed to be on.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I don't believe it was ever broadcast in America until it was being released on Impact Plus.

I watched on some watchwrestlings sometimes tho

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It was an international only show for the vast majority of its existence. I liked it in my day because you got the Spin Cycle which was just a panel show of 4 midcarders who weren't afraid to talk trash

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Seriously though. What were WCW brass thinking when Nash/Goldberg had a top three pay-per-view buy of all time the crowd actually cheered when Nash beat Goldberg. When Nash got to the Georgia dome the Georgia dome sold out they were all eaten him up as champion. They wanted to see him wrestle as the champion and they would pay money to see him wrestle and then they fucking turn him heel. A turn that only last two months anyway. Why would you kill your second most over babyface in the company?