TNA news: Knockouts drawing big

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

-- Former WWE star Savio Vega is set to start work as an agent for TNA this week, replacing Scott D'Amore. TNA has high hopes for Vega as he used to work with TNA creative team member Dutch Mantel in IWA Puerto Rico a few years ago when that promotion was very popular.

-- The TNA Knockouts continue to draw well in the ratings. The Knockout's Rumble for a title shot on the July 17th edition of iMPACT! gained 264,000 viewers from the previous segment. The segment peaked at a 1.25 rating, which would be the company's highest quarter hour in months.

-- The main reason Bob Ryder replaced Bill Behrens in booking the company's talent to outside promotions is because TNA looking to get everyone working out of the Nashville office, which they recently have expanded. Behrens lives in Atlanta and does not want to relocate.

-- In a related note, Rich Baker; the company's live event promoter is currently based in Stamford. Baker worked for many years under Ed Cohen in WWF, and is considered very good at his job. TNA currently doesn't have anyone in Nashville who can replace him, so it looks like he will remain in Stamford and not have to make the choice to relocate right now.

Source: 24wrestling

---------------

The knockouts continue to draw big for TNA, I'm guessing that men who watch Spike TV just watch the Knockouts to see some hot girls, thats probably why the Knockouts battle royal gained lots of viewers. Either way, I'm happy for the Knockouts and I think they are really a great part of TNA (especially Taylor Wilde lol).

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
which means we're going to see more TNA Knockouts in bigger matches again. The Knockout Division is OK, but I doubt that people are tuning in to see girls wrestle.

gashface

Reaction score
I think it's more than people tuning in for the "hot" factor, TNA are gaining a bunch of fans who like womens wrestling, a lot of girls too... who enjoy real womens wrestling.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

-- The TNA Knockouts continue to draw well in the ratings. The Knockout's Rumble for a title shot on the July 17th edition of iMPACT! gained 264,000 viewers from the previous segment. The segment peaked at a 1.25 rating, which would be the company's highest quarter hour in months.
Wow.

Remember when people kept saying iMPACT! would be getting above 1.3?

BTW, I don't find Taylor Wilde hot at all. Her face is disconfigured tbh.

gashface

Reaction score
Diconfigured? That's rather mean, she is not bad looking at all... ANNND, more importantly she is a great wrestler.

You can't tell really nwhether she is a great wrestler or not from the fluke gimmick. All we can tell is that she can execute a roll up. TNA are generally pretty good at picking women's wrestlers though, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

And there is something wrong with her face. I can't put my finger on what it is, but I don't like it.

Yes. If they don't have the look at all, then they aren't going to have great success.

Chessarmy has said in mulitple threads that he thinks Taylor is really hot. I was merely stating my opinion here. If you have a problem with it, then that is your problem, because quite frankly, it isn't mine.

You have to also accept that women are looked on as eye candy by the general wrestling audience. You can cry equal rights all you like, but it is a male dominated business, and mainly watched by males.

Moonlight Drive

I'd be pretty upset if I was one of the male wrestlers on TNA.

heels unite!

Reaction score
she isnt bad looking but she isnt angelina love or karen angle. it is embarrasing for the male wrestlers.

Moonlight Drive

Imagine how Joe must feel, womens wrestling is getting more ratings than the champion...

gashface

Reaction score
Then maybe the men will begin to realise women can be equal and not always under males... honestly...

men and their frickin egos.

Christian

Reaction score
she isnt bad looking but she isnt angelina love or karen angle. it is embarrasing for the male wrestlers.

shes hotter than both of them the only one who comes close is angelina without the head or like, gail kim. ok maybe velvet sky (just to make peep happy)

Soulpower

Its the same thing that's always happened... The Knockouts division is booked better than the rest of TNA. Add in the fact that Taylor beat (TWICE) one of the most dominant female wrestlers we've seen in a while, and it gives people a reason to tune in and watch Taylor.

And I agree with BKB, she's not as good looking as some people would say. She also needs to feud with either Roxxi, Angelina, or someone who's better suited for her wrestling style.