TNA Negotiating with another network?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
^Tell that to Ted Turner back in 98 :) lol.

I mean every monday WCW was on for 3 hours! 3 FN Hours! But TNA needs a larger roster and better writing management to do that.

I was talkin out my ass on that, haha.

This Guy

^^Turner had nothing to do with the 3 hour Nitro's. That was Eric Bischoff who pulled that coo off. And it was some of the worst Nitro's ever. I remember watching one 3 hour show. In the first hour there was 1 match in the 2nd 2, and in the 3rd 1. 4 matches in 3 hours, totalling aprox 50 minutes of action. the other 2 hours and 10 minutes was mostly nwo interviews.

Anyways, TNT, and TBS will not be signing TNA I can tell you that right now. They are ultimately the reason WCW folded and got sold to WWE when it did. Bischoff had a hand shake deal to buy WCW for a lot more then the 3 million WWE paid, but it was on the condition of TV. But Time Warner decided that they were too high class to have redneck wrestling (actual quote from then president of time warner) as part of there programing so they were canceling WCW programing and that you would never see wrestling on there networks again...so far this is still true (other then the ocational airing of Ready to Rumble) and the same management is still in place there, so you can kiss those networks goodbye as a possiblity.

2 hours will do nothing for TNA unless as others already pointed out, changes there booking patterns. If they do that, then they might be able to turn it around with even a 1 hour show.

I am suprised seeing as its one of there top rated programs that they its taken so long to get the 2 hour time slot. Also Spike didn't want to lose Raw but because they are not broadcasted nationally on the same level as the USA network, WWE could never really achieve a higher rating then what they were getting with Spike. TNA has a ways to go before they get to that point, but I would say it definatly makes scense for TNA to shop around if Spike isnt giving them what they want. However I think TNA has bigger problems then trying to get 2 hours of TV a week.

MasterEvc

Reaction score
Giving them 2 hours would be great, cause then they could showcase more talent that they have, and they have lots of talented wrestlers. A 1 hour show is limiting them on what they can do and makes matches shorter as well. I would love to see them get 2 hours on any channel, that would help them out.