• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

Reaction score
It's gotten so bad. I want TNA to succeed so much and it's extremely disappointing how it turned out. I don't even know where to start so mayb you guys can help me explain what's so bad and what TNA can do to become better.

ahorrig

Reaction score
Tna's problem is they make stupid storylines and book superstars terribly. They dont focus on the real talent, only the ones who were in WWE in the past.
They need to focus on guys like AJ Styles instead of the hardys, robbie e and other guys.

1chiban

Reaction score
To be fair, having looked at it, there aren't so many "old" guys now, however even the Hardyz are washed up or at least appear to be so!

The problem with AJ is that he isn't charismatic. People like Mr Anderson are,however, his title reign was a bit of a dud.

Axis

Reaction score
I love that these threads pop up every 2-4 months. Yes, TNA needs help. So does the brain dead child down the street.

Reaction score
This just goes to show are freaking fickle and indecisive wrestling fans are. Two-five years ago people were sick of the WWE pushing the same guys over and over, tired of the old guys and demanded fresh, young talent (garbage like Carlito and Shelton mind you) get pushed. All the meanwhile TNA has a girth of young talent that was splitting time with WWE washups and despite being the inferior product, was still praised by fickle fanboys. Then last year when TNA tried to ignite another Monday Night War by importing everything that washed up on the Orlando beaches, everyone was so excited to see 115 years of age in the ring as Hogan-Flair part 5,234 happened, Sting standing in the rafters, Xpac come back to be sent away because of hepatitis and every other awful thing, Mr. Anderson, Orlando Jordan, ECW, Abyss, everything was a fucking mess and people were still claiming TNA was going to take the WWE to war. Meanwhile as the year progressed, everyone jumped off the bandwagon as it became apparent the programming was just utter garbage and everyone started crying that the young talent was being over shadowed by the wash ups.

Meanwhile, the E was losing key stars in Jericho, JBL, Batista, HBK, and Trips and what did they do? They responded by pushing younger talent in the Miz, Sheamus, Nexxus and even, sadly, Jack Swagger and yet the fickle shat all over. "Miz sucks." "Sheamus is undeserving." "The Nexxus storyline is terrible". And what has TNA done? Ran out most of it's exciting talent and brought in wastes like Matt Hardy. Fucking eh, fickle folk.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Thumbs up Enzo...:)
TNA needs to shut up already about what they got, gonna do, wanna do and can do or even will do... and start showing it in the ring with A LOT more wrestling matches and a lot less backstage crap!
Last night proves my point exactly, they had more backstage talk than in ring action.

1chiban

Reaction score
I have to say, though, they looked something bordering on legit the way they set that arena up. Plus the crowd was pretty good at times from what I've caught on YouTube lol. They need to start doing more shows out of the Impact Zone and fast.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
This just goes to show are freaking fickle and indecisive wrestling fans are. Two-five years ago people were sick of the WWE pushing the same guys over and over, tired of the old guys and demanded fresh, young talent (garbage like Carlito and Shelton mind you) get pushed. All the meanwhile TNA has a girth of young talent that was splitting time with WWE washups and despite being the inferior product, was still praised by fickle fanboys. Then last year when TNA tried to ignite another Monday Night War by importing everything that washed up on the Orlando beaches, everyone was so excited to see 115 years of age in the ring as Hogan-Flair part 5,234 happened, Sting standing in the rafters, Xpac come back to be sent away because of hepatitis and every other awful thing, Mr. Anderson, Orlando Jordan, ECW, Abyss, everything was a fucking mess and people were still claiming TNA was going to take the WWE to war. Meanwhile as the year progressed, everyone jumped off the bandwagon as it became apparent the programming was just utter garbage and everyone started crying that the young talent was being over shadowed by the wash ups.

Meanwhile, the E was losing key stars in Jericho, JBL, Batista, HBK, and Trips and what did they do? They responded by pushing younger talent in the Miz, Sheamus, Nexxus and even, sadly, Jack Swagger and yet the fickle shat all over. "Miz sucks." "Sheamus is undeserving." "The Nexxus storyline is terrible". And what has TNA done? Ran out most of it's exciting talent and brought in wastes like Matt Hardy. Fucking eh, fickle folk.

So you just explained that TNA was at a higher level a few years ago and WWE was not at its peak, so wrestling fans were supporting TNA. Now, TNA has grown old and WWE has a new crop of superstars. Is it wrong for a fan to now like WWE since it's putting on a better product now? Wrestling isn't like football where you pick a team and live with it through its ups and down, we can support whichever company is putting on a better show.

Reaction score
So you just explained that TNA was at a higher level a few years ago and WWE was not at its peak, so wrestling fans were supporting TNA. Now, TNA has grown old and WWE has a new crop of superstars. Is it wrong for a fan to now like WWE since it's putting on a better product now? Wrestling isn't like football where you pick a team and live with it through its ups and down, we can support whichever company is putting on a better show.

*SIGH*
You not only completely missed my point, you put words in my mouth. And people wonder why I've slacked lately.

1chiban

Reaction score
I'm with you Enzo. At least this time around WWE has tried to push talent which is decent unlike the Carlito generation. I've already made my point about people complaining about Miz. If you don't like him, fine, but it is better to see a fresh face going into 'Mania as champion. I personally like him. If the rumours of Edge retiring, and if Trips takes an increasingly backseat in terms of on-screen activity, more people are going to have to be elevated again.

However, WWE has dropped the ball on Sheamus and Swagger especially :/

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Edge: Hopefully Punk will replace him as THE main event mainstay of SD.

Reaction score
The simple fact that this thread started out asking "What's wrong with TNA?" and has since turned into a 'what WWE is doing better now' thread is exactly why TNA needs help.

Inferior leadership
Inferior booking
Inferior writers
Inferior trainers
Inferior talent
Inferior fan-base.
Inferior PERIOD!

fuzzy

Reaction score
I have to say, though, they looked something bordering on legit the way they set that arena up. Plus the crowd was pretty good at times from what I've caught on YouTube lol. They need to start doing more shows out of the Impact Zone and fast.
I totally agree with you on that, I felt the buzz when tna opened that show. even the crowd was feeling it most of the night, unlike the impact zone crowd.
TNA starts doing more shows on the road like maybe 1-2 a month, who knows maybe they'll be able to draw up som profit and do something better with the young talents they have.....:)

nation

Reaction score

What? Swagger is better then the latter you mentioned, sure Miz is better on the mic but Swagger can go much better in the ring. Swagger cut some epic promos as world champ but he was resorted to feuding with the likes of Mysterio and Big Show when he should have had a longer program with Orton and just booked stronger in general, he needs to win the IC belt off that utter piece of shit, Kofi Kingston, ASAP!