TNA need a Royal Rumble

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

^thats what I meant to write... Ultimate X, that imo is the greatest thing in TNA...Oh how I love that match so much

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
Fuck that. They just need a big, interesting feud that FINALLY gets settled at the PPV for the belt. Something NEW, a matchup between two guys who have never faced each other before, and are fighting for an actual reason.

Axis

Certainly not a Royal Rumble, but they do need SOMETHING. I had forgotten that Bound For Glory was upcoming until somebody mentioned that it was in 2 months on another forum.

dc412

Reaction score
i think they need to focus on being different than wwe so a rumble type match would probably kill it. i like the idea of an ultimate x match but i think with less wrestlers involved because the more they throw in there the more theyll look like wwe. also i dont think you need an overload of people who are just fillers who everyone knows has no shot

Reaction score
^ I was thinking, maybe they should make it a 4 hour event to help differentiate it from all the other PPVs. Plus, its a better way to use more guys on the roster for the PPV without doing battle royals

I like this a lot. They should include more backstage antics and try to get some suprise appearances. This is why WWHHH puts so much stock in WM. It's supposed to FEEL special.

To answer the thread. They don't need anything like a RR. The buildup started at Hard Justice. It's only 2 months away and a lot of talk here is match possibilities. TNA is doing exactly what they need to.

There could be room to make No Surrender a build up show on tv like Clash of the Champions way back when. Or if they really want another ppv for money then it could have a "tradition" match like a six or eight man elimination match with all of the champions involved.

Ballin

Reaction score
Nothing like a Royal Rumble, something like xcellence said; a no DQ match with 20 people in it would be friggin' epic. See that way, noone will say it's copying WWE and most people should think it's awesome.

Beer Money Army

I'd say a 10 Man Gaunlet Turmoil style.....(the 10 top superstars)

2 Wrestlers start in the ring and every 5 mins another one comes out.....

eliminations only occurs by pinfall/submission

Travis40

imo TNA needs to steer away from gimmick matches because that's what is killing their product right now. You don't use gimmick matches for every fucking fued. It just kills the concept of the match. If WWE used Hell in a Cell 6 times in a year, it would kill the concept of the match and it would hurt the drawing power. Gimmick matches should be reserved for main fueds imo.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Imagine a World War III like match, for TNA. Hell, they can use a Six Sides of Steel match for Number One Contendership, only with THREE Six Sides of Steel adjacent to one another. That'd be kickass!

Austin_316

Reaction score
Or something of that effect

Bound for Glory is supposed to be the TNA equivalent of Wrestlemania, yet the build-up doesn't really have that big event feel for me. WWE starts hyping up 'Mania at the Rumble, which is actually 2 months before, with No Way Out usually just being used to set up for 'Mania.

So I think TNA needs something, a tournament, a certain match, etc., with the winner going onto the BFG ME annually. It would actually build up the event, because ATM BFG just seem to be another PPV the way they are building it.

Thoughts?

I haven't been watching TNA that long only a few months but from what your saying that maybe the case why WWE is still on top of pro wrestling. If they had a PPV that rivals WM this would be a major coup for TNA so they can attract more fans than WWE as im heading towards TNA more now and feel WWE is not the same as it used to be.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
first thing is gimmick matches arent hurting the tna product simply because theyre ratings are the same, and they are even making more money now , this is a 6 year old company who is the number 2 company in the world and is on tv every week, and is making money and is not strugling to do so. now the gimmick matches arent hurting their product, its the types of gimmicks that make people just not care. back to the topic, the big 3 for tna are Lockdown, Slammiversary, and Bound For Glory, thats one big event every 4 months insteead of 3, and thats fine they dont need another one, just promote the big ones you have more and all year around and each year make them stand out more.