TNA need a Royal Rumble

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Or something of that effect

Bound for Glory is supposed to be the TNA equivalent of Wrestlemania, yet the build-up doesn't really have that big event feel for me. WWE starts hyping up 'Mania at the Rumble, which is actually 2 months before, with No Way Out usually just being used to set up for 'Mania.

So I think TNA needs something, a tournament, a certain match, etc., with the winner going onto the BFG ME annually. It would actually build up the event, because ATM BFG just seem to be another PPV the way they are building it.

Thoughts?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I agree with you there. They haven't really been playing BFG out as a huge PPV, it seems like another episode of Impact, but with a price. I'm guessing a tournament would be nice to fill that role, it would be too obvious they were being like WWE if they did a Battle Royale. Lately, I haven't liked the building of TNA PPV's at all for the men, it seems really weak to me.

chessarmy

They could get rid of the stupid reverse battle royal bullshit and start a tournament to determine who will main event Bound For Glory. They can call it the Fight for the right tournament (again, without the stupid reverse battle royal). This could be a great way to build up Bound For Glory as the one epic event that you just can't miss

Moonlight Drive

^^That's what it should be, the epic event you cannot miss. Yet the way it's booked, it feels like Sacrifice or something like that

chessarmy

^ I was thinking, maybe they should make it a 4 hour event to help differentiate it from all the other PPVs. Plus, its a better way to use more guys on the roster for the PPV without doing battle royals

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

The tournament sounds good, I would really like to see it ... although it shouldn't start this year, as the hype for BFG is already going and looking good.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yea, i think 1 fued we all know that they are trying to build-up is Joe vs Booker. And Sting is going to play somewhere in it and maybe Nash. There's also Creed, getting his push and we might see him there agin going for the title maybe a 3-way with somebody else. And maybe a tag team match Beer Money INC. vs LAX vs Cage & Rhino vs Team 3-D. They are trying to build some good fueds for it but it would be better if they had a ppv like WWE does to get it going better.

Weebo

Reaction score
See i fell that Slammiversiry is their big PPV cause how they build up to the King Of The Mountain match. But i think to make TNA different from WWE is make kinda like a King Of The Ring PPV but Call it the X-Treme Tournament where every match in the tournament is a specialty match where the final match is a Ladder match where the winner grab the contract for the main event at BFG.

dlw2711

Reaction score
What people need to realize is that TNA doesn't NEED to copy WWE, and they should not copy WWE. If they want to get more well known, they need to be their own company. They do not need some type of annual battle royal or tournament or contract match to build for Bound For Glory. They can do it however they want! And if it works, and they get better ratings and buys, I don't care.

I agree with Weebo that Slammiversary is a big PPV with KOTM, etc. But, Bound For Glory is meant to be their WrestleMania and I agree that it should be booked as such. I also think that Lockdown is a big event with everything in a cage (I think that it's stupid, but it works), so that should be up there. They have a big 3: Lockdown, Slammiversary, and Bound For Glory; and they don't NEED a 4th to be like WWE. TNA is different, and you have to get used to that fact. Basically, if you want WWE, WATCH WWE!

Weebo

Reaction score
But see BFG doesn't even feel like a big PPV

Qwake

^ it used to back in the day but the last 2 not so much...

A tournament could be good but not a royal rumble like thing because people are always complaining about TNA copying WWE and shit so taking that match would just add to that. Maybe TNA could have a MITB sort of thing at BFG but make it a 6man ulimate X lol, similar :shifty:

_xcellence_

Reaction score
I think that maybe the perfect tme for a match to determine wh goes to BFG is Victory Road 2 months prior as the name suits it, as in you start the road to Victory e.g. the road to BFg to become champion.

Now what kind of match? Well like the rumble I feel it should be a single match and involve many men. WCW did have something like this with World War 3 and although not as good as the rumble, i think it worked.

Okay hereis what I think.

Match Name: THE ROAD TO VICTORY
Competitors: 20
MATCH TYPE: gauntlet Match with men entering every 2 minutes, however you only be eliminated by pinfall or submission and there are no disqulifications and falls count anywhere. Winner goes to BFG main event.

This match would have to main event the Victory ROad ppv. I feel that it is ripping of The ROyal Rumble slightly but has enough difference to make people think they should check it out. I also would toy with the idea of making pin falls only eligible in the ring. You could build the 20 spot even more than the 30 spot in the rumble as where it i pin fall or submission you have an even greater chance of winning as it is all down to you whereas in the rumble you can get elimnated easily by over the top rope.

xtremebadass

If TNA gets a Royal Rumble or anything close to something along those lines, TNA haters are going to have even more to bitch about when it comes to TNA copying WWE.

Maybe have a 10 Man Terrordome at No Surrender or something determining a number one contender, but nothing close to the Rumble, that's WWE.

Wordlife

^yeah... you cant copy another WWE (basically copyrighted) match or ppv... I wanna see another X-Division Title Match, or like a 10 man terrordome as XBA said... thatd be cool, you cant just copy the wwe like that

xtremebadass

I am still waiting for the ultimate X and 6 Sides of Steel combination match, I think it can go over real good.