TNA MOTW: Match of the Week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Alright, I always come through with my promises, so here we are, the debut of TNA Wrestling's Match of the Week on IWF. This thread is to review what wrestling is all about, and sometimes lacks, wrestling. This will bring you back to the most recent iMPACT! and list the matches. You can discuss, argue, agree, on anything here, but you must state which match you believe should be TNA Match of the Week. Come the next match of the week, I will review the votes and state which one captured Match of the Week.

Here are this week's matches...

Team 3D vs. "Wildcat" Chris Harris and Eric Young

Triple X's "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels and "The Warrior" Senshi vs. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal and "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

Ladder Match (Determining the fate of Christian Cage's match with Abyss at Hard Justice)
"The Instant Classic" Christian Cage and "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. "The Icon" Sting and "Monster" Abyss

Alright, there are your nominees, all you have to do is talk about them and then submit which match delivered, at the end of the week I too will submit my vote and we'll see which match showcased TNA at it's best!

PeepShow

Its gotta be teh Ladder Match for me. Not just b/c Christian was in it, or b/c it was a Ladder Match, but for the fact that it was just entertaining at the end. The suspense was great and the match was good too. It could have gone a bit longer IMO, but it was still good

ncryan10

Reaction score
yeah the ladder match was cool but it was that good of a ladder match test looks like hes gotten biger then in wwe

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I liked the Ladder match alot.Weird seeing test bigger though

PeepShow

See, i thought he looked smaller, but I guess I dont know anything

dstebbins

Reaction score
Really, there's no contest: The ladder match. Why the ladder match? Because even a botchfest can be entertaining if it's part of a storyline that's extremely over with the fans, and the fact that there were very few botches in that match, if any at all, just adds to the quality.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Test needs to lay off the roids

He already has. Take a look at a picture of him in ECW just prior to getting laid off, and compare it side-by-side to a picture of him last Impact. He still looks roided up, yes, but significantly less than he did when he was feuding with Lashley, and that could easily be because he's only been off the roids for a few months. The muscles need time to wear off.

xtremebadass

Well, unanimously, last week's Match of the Week was the epic Ladder Match between Christian Cage and AJ Styles taking on Sting and Abyss, great match!

This Week's nominees are, from iMPACT!...

Kip James and Brother Devon vs. Homicide and Rick Steiner

House of Fun Match
Raven, Robert Roode, and James Storm vs. Rhino, Kaz, and Chris Harris

It's kind of going to be one sided this week considering there was only 2 matches, but we will make the most of it! Right? Hell yea!

PeepShow

Yep, as you said, Ill take a Hardcore match over 3 guys who cant wrestle anytime of the week :)

So with that being said, House of Fun match

dstebbins

Reaction score
It wasn't a hardcore match. It was a House of Fun match. There IS a difference!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

But in any case, I go for the first match on Impact tonight (excluding any dark matches I didn't see).

jepulis

Reaction score
House Of Fun was a solid match though pretty rushed like almost all Impact matches. Still it build a bit Kaz vs Raven and Rhino vs James Storm feuds so nice addition. So yeah House Of Fun gets my vote.