• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA Money Problems Update

Reaction score
So, what ever happened to the "Panda has more money than Vince so TNA has more money than Vince" people?It was never about Panda, TNA's main sustenance depends on Spike, there isn't much Panda money going into TNA obviously.

None of this is surprising. The ratings are in the shitter, the PPV buys have been in the shitter for over three years now. It's a garbage product that is poorly advertised and even more poorly produced. If Spike decides to pull the plug, adios TNA.

nation

Reaction score
This anti-TNA WWE fanboyism shit is getting old.

No shit it could be produced a lot better but it has things going for it. RVD is champ and he is being pushed nicely, Mr.Anderson is one of the best characters in wrestling right now period(much better than the Miz atm), Pope will come back soon, Angle is back, Sting is involved in a fresh feud, there is less Hogan, Joe is back to his "Joe is gonna kill you" antics, etc.

I can't wait for Triple H to come back. How fucking stale is that guy?

nation

Reaction score
Nope. The WWE is better than TNA right now imo. However to shit all over TNA when the WWE isn't perfect is ridiculous. Is Christian main eventing yet? I didn't think so.

hbkfan

Reaction score
tna really needs to stop dropping so much money on huge names that are not bringing in higher ratings and stick to whats made them a sucess in the past tag team wrestling the x stars and just put on entertaning matches. they need to start promoting there product more if they want to stay in business.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Not surprising at all, but I really don't think the end is near for TNA just yet. They have at least another decade left of existence I think, especially with Panda/Spike backing them. Once Bob Carter or Spike TV decides to pull the plug, the company will obviously die, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon

Haight

Reaction score
Didn't I just read a story here on Impact Wrestling that said ' TNA's house shows have become the companies most successful division..?' If thats the case then why aren't they on the road more? I'm not sure how much they take in at these live events, but it seems to me that if you're struggling financially, then maybe you should try to build up the things that have been successful like live shows, Knockouts division, etc...

So they are in Beaumont Texas tonight and their next date isn't untill June 3rd?? in Lincoln Nebraska??? Really? Thats inexcusable. They need to have something going on almost every night...Like Shrevport on the 24th Dallas on the 25th Oklahoma City on the 26th, Fayeteville on the 27th, Tulsa on the 28th...take Memorial Day Weekend off. Witchita on the 1st, Denver on the Second and then arriving in Lincoln on the 3rd. I'm noticing a lot of gaps in the tour schedule and I'm not quite sure why

CMS

Reaction score
In that aspect, TNA have trapped themselves into a corner, because the reason why all those "big names" on their roster are there is because of their ligher schedule, so should they start doing that, why would they stay in TNA, when they could easily go to WWE, have the same schedule and actually be in a succesful company

Reaction score
This anti-TNA WWE fanboyism shit is getting old.

No shit it could be produced a lot better but it has things going for it. RVD is champ and he is being pushed nicely, Mr.Anderson is one of the best characters in wrestling right now period(much better than the Miz atm), Pope will come back soon, Angle is back, Sting is involved in a fresh feud, there is less Hogan, Joe is back to his "Joe is gonna kill you" antics, etc.

I can't wait for Triple H to come back. How fucking stale is that guy?

Nope. The WWE is better than TNA right now imo. However to shit all over TNA when the WWE isn't perfect is ridiculous. Is Christian main eventing yet?

First of all, I never said the E is perfect, but to be honest, the giant gap in quality is too far wide to even compare either. RVD as champ has been a flop. And Sting, after doing that whole lot of nothing, getting a shot at the title and leap froggin basically the entire Top Ten is insulting to any viewer with half a grasp on the concept of continuity. Have they even brought up the fact that RVD got wailed on by Sting's bat for like five minutes, about SIX MONTHS ago? The whole feud is SIX MONTHS LATE. It's not fresh, it's two guys way past their primes, and sadly RVD looks more past his expiration date than Sting. I don't, nor do the millions that prefer the E to the hundreds of thousands of TNA fans, nor do the former TNA fans that are leaving the promotion in droves.

Anderson isn't doing anything we haven't seen or heard from him before. He's a talented mic worker, but outside of his matches with Angle, there's not too much to talk about.

Joe is awesome, he is what the company should build around, too bad he was strapped to an awful storyline that was scrapped, but unfortunately for TNA, some fans that have been watching do have a grasp for that continuity thing and it's really, really killed his momentum worse than the nation of violence debacle.

TNA is a big giant circular mess. Every six months its the same with the TNA appologists, the bad will completely outweigh the good and yet the excuse is "well, so and so is doing this, things are looking up over here because this guy is coming back, so and so is the best whatnot in the business". It's been the same story with this group for the past 5 years. Everyone wants to see them make it to the dance but TNA always forgets their shoes. And now the dance has been closed off to late arrivals and TNA is shit out of luck.

This isn't a TNA-WWE thing. This is a direct result of TNA being utter shit for the majority of the past 5 years, people can defend it for all of eternity, but the incredibly small amount of good product coming out of Orlando is so minuscule compared to the obscene amount of bad, that it's almost wrong to snap at someone for stating the obvious. It's not TNA bashing if it's true. Everything is quite telling of how bad of shape TNA is in. And it's all because of the bad and severe lack of good. You don't lose half your audience in six months if the product is as decent as it once was. Bad booking. Bad leadership. Bad product. Bad decisions. That's what to blame and it's not TNA bashing if you're calling it how it is.

Didn't I just read a story here on Impact Wrestling that said ' TNA's house shows have become the companies most successful division..?' If thats the case then why aren't they on the road more? I'm not sure how much they take in at these live events, but it seems to me that if you're struggling financially, then maybe you should try to build up the things that have been successful like live shows, Knockouts division, etc...

So they are in Beaumont Texas tonight and their next date isn't untill June 3rd?? in Lincoln Nebraska??? Really? Thats inexcusable. They need to have something going on almost every night...Like Shrevport on the 24th Dallas on the 25th Oklahoma City on the 26th, Fayeteville on the 27th, Tulsa on the 28th...take Memorial Day Weekend off. Witchita on the 1st, Denver on the Second and then arriving in Lincoln on the 3rd. I'm noticing a lot of gaps in the tour schedule and I'm not quite sure why

If that's true, and I don't know, because if it was then they'd be hitting the road more, but then again TNA is plagued by poor business decisions. But as I said, if that's true the reason they don't tour more is because Spike isn't footing the bill since it's non-TV product and there isn't enough Panda money to pay for non stop touring.

Reaction score
[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mH1xm2fOXD4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mH1xm2fOXD4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]