TNA making Foley shirts, Foley to announce soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Mick Foley's management agency, The Gillespie Agency, is expected to make an announcement about Foley's future on 9/1 (which is after his WWE deal expires). Most seem to think that Foley will jump to TNA.

A source of within TNA said today that TNA is already working on Mick Foley t-shirts and other merchandise ideas.

Mick Foley not appearing at Summerslam was purely a Vince McMahon call. There were plans to have Foley involved in the match, partly to play off of his angle with Edge and partly to play off of the 10th anniversary of his 1998 King of the Ring Hell in a Cell match with Undertaker. Vince simply told the creative team that they were moving in a new direction without Foley.

Source: 24wrestling.com

Sgt Xtreme

Reaction score
Interesting! So Foley might actually go to TNA? I'm still not to sure if I should believe this story, or not. But if he does! I wonder what exactly he would be doing inside TNA?

Travis40

Watch TNA set up Foley vs. Joe, Kevin Nash on a ARGH MY QUAD match

TNA's kinda jumping the gun here...I have the feeling that Foley will turn them down....

Viva!

Reaction score
I think I remember Foley saying that he would never leave the WWE for TNA. I'll believe it only when I see it.

Airfixx

Seriously, his career doesn't need a move to TNA....

He must have earned enough money in the latter part of his career... Why not FULLY retire and spend time with his kids (as he's been saying he wants to do for near on a decade now).

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Uhm I don't think these statements have much validity to them. I mean Foley is technically still under contract and TNA is not even legally allowed to talk to Foley.

Beer Money Army

while would Foley ditch a company that made his career...

Airfixx

All the speculation is born of the fact that his contract expires soon and his involvement in HIAC(*) being dropped.

(*Glad it didn't happen.... Wouldn't have made sense for him to help neither Edge nor Taker.)

I'll be extremely suspised if he did go to TNA.

Reaction score
while would Foley ditch a company that made his career...

You don't know much about Mick Foley so never post about him again. Mick Foley made his career. WWHHH gave him the worldwide exposure. They didn't make him.

He was a star in WCW and Japan before coming to the real ECW in the mid-90's. WWHHH created the Mankind character if that's what you mean. It wasn't long after that he used Cactus Jack again. My point is, he's a self-made man. This isn't Randy Orton here.

Total ACTIVE years with WWHHH-4
Everywhere else- 10

If you want to count comebacks then it would be 10 for WWHHH.

Evil Austin

Maybe they would (they being TNA) want Foley for their supposidly new feud in the main event being the new tna breed vs the old tna breed Foley can help likes of Nash in that feud maybe a speaking roll ? or just put him in the announcing box over there... which imo would be dumb.

But I doubt he will move over maybe he will just work backstage help with some rivalry ideas and become a writer for smackdown or raw or ecw. I just don't see it happening after he bleed and broke his bones for the wwe ? just to leave....

Airfixx

Yeah, I'm just hoping WWE give him a writing role or even just to help fine-tune some of the new guys in areas like selling, mic work, psychology etc. (even if he is a very unlikely mentor when it comes to athleticism)...

If there's anyone that deserves to be on a SCSA-type of WWE gravy-train it's Foley.

Edit: @ WS (below)... I meant WWE.

Wrestling Station

Backstage work like Nash :smh TNA is the worst place for legends to go to imo.