• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Source: Prowrestling.net

According to sources, current TNA World Tag Team Champion Booker T is not expected to stay with TNA once his contract expires with the company. Booker, whose deal with TNA is rumored to expire in November (he signed with TNA in November 2007), reportedly refused to put over Matt Morgan at last night's TNA Impact TV tapings in Orlando and the general feeling among those in the company is that this could have been the "last straw" in his rocky relationship with TNA management as of late.

We're told Booker made it clear to various wrestlers during last week's overseas tour and again in the locker room at the TV tapings this week in Orlando that he has options in WWE and intends to return once he is contractually able to do so. While nothing is official of course, TNA sources are indicating that his days with the company could be numbered. The buzz right now is that he will appear at Bound For Glory and drop the TNA tag titles with Scott Steiner at that show or at the tapings that will follow and not be booked again by the company. What this means for the Main Event Mafia group from a TV perspective is anyone's guess at this point.

This isn't the first time something negative backstage has taken place with Booker as he has been described as having a negative attitude in the locker room for months now. In regards to the situation with Matt Morgan, he reportedly made it clear he wasn't happy about this decision when he found out on the overseas tour. While there is said to be no heat between Booker or Morgan, Booker reportedly felt it was a mistake for him to lose the match on TV instead of PPV. Booker was said to have cooled down about it during the tour and had a lengthy conversation with TNA President Dixie Carter on Monday only to turn around the next day and refuse to put Morgan over around 45 minutes before the actual taping. He also created quite the situation during the overseas tour in refusing to wrestle in a main event in Switzerland when fans threw chairs and other objects into the ring. Booker and his wife Sharmell walked out on the match. Sheik Abdul Bashir later came out to replace Booker to conclude the show.

JJ: let's face it, I don't think Book will ever be as big as he was in WCW. He's a good wrestler and good on the mic, but he's got that "It's all about me, me, me and still me" attitude way to much.

Great One

So.. it's pretty much confirmed that Booker/Steiner/Angle/Nash all pretty much leaving after BFG? Heh. Pretty cool, Angle/Booker belong in WWE and I was sure they would return eventually, BFG is a good time to call it quits. Nash is definitely done, an appearance in WWE would be cool. Idk about Steiner, he can still go in big time matches and is in good shape, so w/e, doubt he'll go to WWE. All of this seems fitting.

Evil Austin

I doubt this is true but I would like to see him on Raw again... even better if he had his King Booker gimmick again.

seX-Power

Booker T is win. I wanna see one last face run in the WWE. Fuck the new talent, Booker comes first.

Qwake

NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT!?

Be awesome to have Booker back in WWE, Smackdown needs him, fuck Batista. I wanna seem him come back face, haven't seen him in WWE like that in ages, fuck having King Booker back, I got sick of that but if they were to have him in the M/E they might bring him back like that, thats the only time he won the title and main evented. It'd suck if they brought him back Christian-style.

Airfixx

@ seX: Nah, Fuck Booker.... I haven't missed him at all.

Funny reading about all the heat though.... When he arrived TNA were singing his and Sharmell's praises for the backstage attitude & how they wanted to help all the new guys blah blah.

pocket

Reaction score
Makes me laugh o hear how you guys talk about having Booker T back in the WWE... he's done, finished! His gimmicks are tiring and his in-ring work is nothing that other, younger guys couldn't do....

What makes me laugh even more is that people complain about the Mafia guys hogging the spotlight and holding guys down in TNA, when they'll end up doing the same in WWE... Vince would probably see Booker as a bigger draw than guys like Morrison or MVP... a quick buck! When all it will do is put the younger guys on the back burner....

The only way these guys should return is to job to the younger guys, putting them over but my guess is that the pretend power they have in the Main Event Mafia will get in the way of them doing that!

Vince doesn't need Booker back, he had his time and it was good... but its over! Keep his number for Rumble appearences!

Kurt Angle on the other hand would be great but on one strict condition... he came back as the funny guy that he was in the early 2000's ! His character back then was fucking quality. Great in the ring, great on the mic and funny as fuck.... I'd love to see that side of Kurt Angle again! But if the rumours of his power trip not being contained on tv and spilling into his real life then, he could prove to be a huge risk!

Nash would make a great color commentator.... he's proved in the past he is more than worth a shot and his wrestling brain would be a good asset to the weak color guys we have now. JR is as good as always, his buddy on SD is improving... but on Raw Cole is fucking pathetic and King no longer likes puppys.... Matthews and Striker are gonna be great in the future... but the future is now and Raw needs to retire King and dump Cole onto Nic Jr.

Double J

Reaction score
So.. it's pretty much confirmed that Booker/Steiner/Angle/Nash all pretty much leaving after BFG? Heh. Pretty cool, Angle/Booker belong in WWE and I was sure they would return eventually, BFG is a good time to call it quits. Nash is definitely done, an appearance in WWE would be cool. Idk about Steiner, he can still go in big time matches and is in good shape, so w/e, doubt he'll go to WWE. All of this seems fitting.

Angle: All I've heard were rumors that he wanted to go back to WWE, which I'm sure he does, but I haven't seen anything as of late that he plans on quiting at BFG.

Nash: Nash already said that Vince has tried to rehire him but he wanted Nash to color his hair back to black and Nash said no. Whether that means he wont be back in WWE has yet to be said but but really Nash's 'gimmick' isn't really much of a gimmick, he's in it for the money and he'll go where the money is given the chance.

Steiner: He is far from being in good shape. He LOOKS like he's in good shape, but its been reported numerous times about how much pain he's in. He's pretty much TNA's version of the Undertaker right now. Hell people say it's hard to watch him get into a car because he has to have a 10 step deal to get in due to his back. If you pay close attention to his matches you'll notice he doesn't do awhole lot and doesn't take a whole lot of bumps.

Say all this is true, come BFG Angle, Booker, Nash, Steiner, and Sting are all gone. This leaves TNA back to what it was and what it's suppose to be. New guys running the show. It's cool to see veterans make appearances like they use too when TNA first started (Raven, DDP, Nash, Hall,ect,ect) and it's cool to have guys that didn't cut it in WWE get to main event status in TNA (R-Truth, Christian), but they never need to have their WCW status that they've had for the past couple of years.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
It's funny how for all of these guys the grass wasn't greener in TNA. Booker shouldn't expect to be put over every young star in the WWE either. He's going to have to put over new stars, grow up and get over yourself, it's the nature of the business.

C4

I just hope he returns back as the red and yellow, '5 time wCw champion', the same entrance and the spin. Would love to see Booker T not King Booker.

Klide

Ohhh yeah Spinaroony King BOOOKAAA!!!!
If this is true its probably cause Stiners leaving.

The Rated R CMStar

Read the damn thing. He didn't refuse to the job, he refused it to do it on free TV, and let's face it, their teasing of Kurt Angle vs Matt Morgan has been good, but they could have easily had the match on PPV.

Great One

Angle: All I've heard were rumors that he wanted to go back to WWE, which I'm sure he does, but I haven't seen anything as of late that he plans on quiting at BFG.

Nash: Nash already said that Vince has tried to rehire him but he wanted Nash to color his hair back to black and Nash said no. Whether that means he wont be back in WWE has yet to be said but but really Nash's 'gimmick' isn't really much of a gimmick, he's in it for the money and he'll go where the money is given the chance.

Steiner: He is far from being in good shape. He LOOKS like he's in good shape, but its been reported numerous times about how much pain he's in. He's pretty much TNA's version of the Undertaker right now. Hell people say it's hard to watch him get into a car because he has to have a 10 step deal to get in due to his back. If you pay close attention to his matches you'll notice he doesn't do awhole lot and doesn't take a whole lot of bumps.

Say all this is true, come BFG Angle, Booker, Nash, Steiner, and Sting are all gone. This leaves TNA back to what it was and what it's suppose to be. New guys running the show. It's cool to see veterans make appearances like they use too when TNA first started (Raven, DDP, Nash, Hall,ect,ect) and it's cool to have guys that didn't cut it in WWE get to main event status in TNA (R-Truth, Christian), but they never need to have their WCW status that they've had for the past couple of years.
My post was more of an assumption, BFG seems to be being set up as the culmination of the MEM and the young guys going over. Pretty sure Angle has stated he wants to finish his career in WWE, and why wouldn't he? He said him and Vince are on good terms and he loves the guy.

I didn't say Nash would go back to WWE, I said he's done. He can barely move, look at him.. 50 years old it's pretty certain that after this Big Sexy tour shit he's done.

I'm sure he is in pain.. just like all other wrestlers, but he can still perform, which what I was referring to by shape obviously. As long as he can still pull of hurricanranas from the top rope at his size and isn't moving like Kevin Nash he's more than fit.

LKP

Why would wwe hire booker t back? He moans about his matches moans about Matt Morgan going over him. Why would Vince want to have him back if he is like that? Or Booker will behave himself with the wwe, or just be a good boy? Nah i cant see it. Angle more than Booker back in the wwe at the moment. I think tna need to push more guys now to replace the loss of 3 or 4 veterans. Or hire one or two wwe has been. Kennedy and umaga etc.