TNA looking up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Finally we get some direction with TNA, I was Glad to see the Mic Foley is the network person. Glad to hear that he is taking the steps to stop the show being all about what Hogan Flair And Bishop want! And last but not least i am glad to hear Mic Foley say that Wresting Counts!!

trilogy

Reaction score
agreed..i like mick and always have ..he is good at what he does..and chyna? she looks mad differnet now then what she used to be

Rell

Reaction score
its easy to say "wrestling counts", but will their actions follow suit? its all talk with this company.

TNA has been promising changes for how long? At one point, they were bringing in guys who were gonna "CHANGE THE FACE OF THE COMPANY" every other week.

Stop talking and just fuckin DO IT, you piece of shit promotion.

...god...

Reaction score
TNA was pretty awesome, everything from the opening promo (I missed some stuff, going back and watching it now). Seriously one of the first times Angle had sounded like his old self in a promo in a long time, it was just lol.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I like the addition of Chyna. They really need to give her a contract though and commit long-term before she just walks because she doesn't have a deal in place and screws them out of a storyline.

...god...

Reaction score
idk why Chyna got so much plastic surgery, rofl, she looked fine in like the late 90's and 2000 just after she got her jaw fixed. Her and Trish.. something I will never understand.

fuzzy

Reaction score
i agree with you about chyna not needing it but trish has that whole i gotta be sexy thing going.
wrestling counts! lets see in the up coming weeks if it really does count...

LSD

Reaction score
I think there are still some major issues i have with the overall booking philosphy that Russo and Bischoff respectively use, BUT I have to give them credit for starting to book feuds long term. They seem to be actually following through on scripts and booking matches well in advance and by doing this they can actually begin to see what will work for them and what won't work for them.

Reaction score
I dunno about TNA. I watched some of it this Thursday in hopes of catching a good tv match or maybe something fun and it didn't pan out to well. There's really nothing going on in the WWE that is interesting me currently and I don't really watch too much else these days. And while I agree with the sentiment that releasing alot of the roster and filling it with indy guys won't help (because there are only like two or three truly TV ready guys on the indies right now) but TNA's young talent needs some help. Some people claim Robert Rude has good mic skills, I beg to differ. They are average right now. And does he have to say "okay?" every time he makes a statement? AJ is getting a little better. But what the young TNA talent needs is some coaching. Bring in Piper, Foley and whatever old timer is out there that can help them on their promos. The wrestling ability is there, but no one is going to give a shit if they can't entertain them verbally as well.

Then there's the booking...ANOTHER Sgt. Pepper's Sting attack on real Sting?? Are they serious? That's like the third time Russo has booked that damn angle.
Abyss as X Champ? I mean they better have some kind of plan to put the X division over huge or this is just the worst damn thing TNA may have ever done.
Eric Young? Feuding over the most worthless title this side of the X title? Gunner? Good lord, they couldn't find a more unimpressive feud anywhere.
Joe. Fat. Unmotivated. Squashing Red. So sad.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree about Roode not being that great on the mic. I'd give AJ and Daniels the majority of the Fortune talking time if I was booking, and let BM get little spots in. Kazarian should be fired.

Speaking of AJ, why is he feuding with Dreamer? Why isn't he fighting Bubba Ray after the powerbomb spot!?

X-Division: This is the same damn storyline as the MEM-Frontline feud. I see ending the same way too. X guys getting made to look like clowns and never getting retribution. Immortal has to be the worst faction ever btw. Hogan/Bischoff, Matt, Bubba, Dreamer, and Gunner. LMAO

I just laughed at when they showed the '05 Joe video how Joe looks about 15 years out of it. Grow the hair back, and get some fire plz. Red deserves better.

And by far the worst part of IW...please, please end this Winter bologna. It's barely better than all of WWE's feuds going right now, and that's just sad. Probably only trumped by the Cole/Lawler feud in crappiness.

P.S. Where'd The Pope go?

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree about Roode not being that great on the mic. I'd give AJ and Daniels the majority of the Fortune talking time if I was booking, and let BM get little spots in. Kazarian should be fired.

Red deserves better.

P.S. Where'd The Pope go?

1. Yes. Kazarian is so mediocre he makes Matt Morgan look like a franchise talent and Ken Anderson like a future Hall of Famer and Bobby Roode the second coming of Arn Anderson.

2. Not really.

3. I think he contracted Hep C from Wolfe and is leaving the company.

As an aside, they should really give Bully Ray a chance up top. He's been pretty much overlooked since his singles run. He can talk (probably only Angle, Flair, Sting, Anderson are the only active talents better than him right now) he's over, looks like a legitimate threat and isn't bad in the ring for a guy his age and size.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I've had the Red discussion with you before and I say the same thing, he's not a great ring talent, but he does things that nobody else on TV can do and could be a money player. BTW him and his Lucha gimmick has been better ring-wise than Sin Cara's so far, and he's only worked dead-in-the-water Suicide. He's surprised me with his crispness of late since he's usually sloppy. Also bumps around greatly for his opponents.

Agree on Ray. Nobody can deny his greatness on the stick, and while he doesn't do a whole lot in the ring, he moves well and his secret is he gets the absolute most out of the crowd for the least amount of work possible. Both of Team 3D are great at that. He should break off from Immortal though before any sort of ME run.

...Was the new look eeriely...exactly like WCW Thunder?

nation

Reaction score
Sigh, memories of Jericho vs. Juvi.