TNA Lockdown - March 10th

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

lockdown1.jpg

lockdown2b.jpg

lockdown3a.jpg

lockdown4.jpg

lockdown5.jpg

lockdown6.jpg

lockdown7.jpg

lockdown8.jpg

-----

Don't think it's too bad of a card although it being Lethal Lockdown definitely helps. Hopefully i'll try and remember to watch this although I always forget with TNA.

Last edited:

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I will watch this PPv. 3 way tag match could be the best match. I am interested about what will Wes do as I find him ok in the ring.

At Lethal Lockdown match, there could be some surprises.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The card is solid, but nothing really stands out in my opinion. If given enough time, the Tag Title match can be good. Same can be said for the Knockouts Title match.

I'll check it out though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Is this finally the PPV where Bully Ray wins the big one and becomes TNA World champion? I hope it to be the case but I assume that it won't be and Jeff will retain.

Tag team match should be good and Lethal Lockdown is normally good fun to watch.

Interesting to see who that last Aces & Eights member is to see what role they could play on this PPV with Lethal Lockdown match and potentially the mainevent as well.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I think it has to be better than last year by default. Other than Storm-Roode, last year's Lockdown was an absolute debacle. This has some potential, just hope Ace and Eights win. If they lose that big match, what credibility do they have left if they even have any. They have lost far too many times, need to go over here regardless of who they pin.

Reaction score
It looks pretty good i think. Lethal Lockdown matches are always good - they had a good match with Eric Bischoff :O- , and ME got suprise factor i think. Also Tag Team match will be good.

By the way,TNA added Robbie E vs Rob Terry match.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm actually very excited for that TNA title match. What about the X-Division title? Is that going to be defended?

Reaction score
It'll be Kenny King vs RVD i guess. But if they do a 4 way contest,it'll be better than it. King vs RVD vs York(Hey,is he forgotten ? ) vs Ion ( and he ? ) .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that Aces & Eights need to get the win here, they have looked inferior as a group because they haven't been given those big wins on PPV. We could see the surprise member of Aces & Eights help them get the win.

Dixie Carter‏@TNADixie#MarchMadness is taking on a whole new meaning at the TNA office. Lots going on. San Antonio looks to be our largest US attended event ever.

Good news for TNA right before heading on the road for Impact. I think that the previous largest US crowd is around 5-6k which was for their Basebrawl event.

Reaction score
Main event looks very week in my opinion; Bobby Roode gave the TNA Championship spark when he had it, I actually bothered watching TNA when Bobby Roode was the top guy, his matches were fantastic and well told.

As for the rest of the card, I see Samoa Joe being wasted, that's typical and the the best match on the card will be the Triple Threat tag team match, I might watch that then go to sleep if it's early on in the card.

Finally, their attendance, if it's high anywhere in the region to 20k to 40k; congratulations TNA but it'll look awful in a sixty thousand seater stadium due to their lack of a decent build, no real note worthy match and apparently their weak marketing abilities, I can't see it being packed but who knows.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ah this is the PPV booked in that giant stadium but they are just using the back corner of it. It won't look as bad as it would if they had it set up like normal but it will still be odd knowing that they are just using one quarter (if that) of the stadium.

46582s_a.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have no idea. Earlier when this was announced we had similar discussions in another thread about why they didn't book a 10k seat arena instead this. I can't believe that it would be cheaper to set up in a 60k arena even if you are just using a corner of it compared to a 10k arena.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Get the feeling they have missed the boat with Ray a little, it would be nice to see him get the title here, but wouldn't be suprise if Hardy retained.

The triple threat tag match is the one which interests me the most, just really good talent all the way, the fact it is three teams should add importance to the tag division.

If this was almost any other ppv then this would be a decent lineup, but for what is supposed to be one of their two biggest events of 2013 its pretty weak for me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They should have pulled the trigger earlier with Bully Ray when he had all that momentum but I don't think that it is too late for them to do it. If Bully Ray ends up being the Aces and Eights leader it would also be the perfect timing to have him win the title just as he is revealed as leader of the stable.

The card is a bit of a let down since TNA are down to just the four PPVs so they have so much more time to build the card.