TNA Lockdown 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I wanted Roode to win, I predicted Storm because I figured all the elements were perfect, but I am not disappointed at all.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I paid almost $50 for this show and once again I didn't get a proper ending. That bothers me, sorry. I know you're happy because you're cheering for Roode but there was no reason Storm shouldn't have won that and I really don't think anything is going to make up for it. I was willing to let the BFG thing go, but this is pretty much inexcusable now that they've done it to me again.

At this point I seriously have to consider paying for next month's show.

I can completely empathize with you Fuji, that's why I pretty much stopped buying ppv's altogether other than Wrestlemania. I got frustrated too many times for too long that I just said fuck it. I know exactly how you're thinking and feeling right now.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I paid almost $50 for this show and once again I didn't get a proper ending. That bothers me, sorry. I know you're happy because you're cheering for Roode but there was no reason Storm shouldn't have won that and I really don't think anything is going to make up for it. I was willing to let the BFG thing go, but this is pretty much inexcusable now that they've done it to me again.

At this point I seriously have to consider paying for next month's show.
You still think the BFG finish was a mistake? If Roode won there he'd have been a babyface and seeing how he's the best heel in the game and that finish even lead to this match, the entire company would be different today. Remember what we said back then, let's wait to see how this plays out. TBH this might lead to Storm winning at Slammiversary X which would be an even better time for him to win it IMHO.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh and again, I would like to re-iterate that the match was great, as was the majority of the rest of the show outside of the nothing KO's tag match, but I feel I do have a right to be legitimately pissed. I'll say this, if Storm wins that fucking title on Impact this week I am going to be even more pissed.

[MENTION=1]#HEEL[/MENTION] besides reading the above comment, its simply a matter of now seeing $100 go flying away on screwy finishes.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I guess different strokes for different folks. I did not pay $50 for this PPV but I actually wish I had. It washed away bad dreams of 'Mania past.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I really hope they wouldn't pull that shit and have Storm win on Impact...that would undermine not only tonight's match, but the reason to buy ppv's altogether. TNA would be stupid to pull that. After tonight, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be willing to pay to see Storm vs. Roode again, hoping for justice from tonight. I'm with hashtag on this one, I think Slammiversary is a good time for him to win it, being that he is one of the originals that built the house Roode is reigning in at the moment.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah Fuji I see where your coming from. Wrestling has this problem with thinking that nobody can ever lose clean. Storm's fucking family was at ringside. His family. How do you think Storm feels. The ending was cool but not necessary. Storm should have spit the beer in Roode's eyes hit the lastcall super kick and won. But they had to give us a tainted ending ad usual. It sucks. Storm winning wouldn't have hurt storylines at all. Roode could have attacked him Thursday in a fit of rage or some shit and set up next month. But we get a fucked finish with Storm getting screwed over in his hometown in front of his family.

That being said the match was great regardless

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Family at ringside is so passe to me, but it does add to the emotion if the guy wins. Then again, the fact that he came so close and Roode walked away champion like that, with Storm's family present, adds an even bigger hatred for Roode as the heel he is.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Tonight would have been fine to win it too. Hometown, looking for revenge.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I really hope they wouldn't pull that shit and have Storm win on Impact...that would undermine not only tonight's match, but the reason to buy ppv's altogether. TNA would be stupid to pull that. After tonight, I'm sure there are a lot of people that would be willing to pay to see Storm vs. Roode again, hoping for justice from tonight. I'm with hashtag on this one, I think Slammiversary is a good time for him to win it, being that he is one of the originals that built the house Roode is reigning in at the moment.
Exactly. Most of the marketing on this match even talked about ten years to build a company.

Imagine if Storm won the belt on the tenth anniversary of TNA's birth?

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Family at ringside is so passe to me, but it does add to the emotion if the guy wins.

How great a way to close out a show then to have him kiss his wife and hold his kids in the ring. It would gave been great.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Exactly.

Most of the marketing on this match even talked about ten years to build a company. Imagine if Storm won the belt on the tenth anniversary of TNA's birth?

Ok whatever it could work out but Storm should have won tonight

The Viper

Reaction score
Dear god Fuji, appreciate the match bro. Yeah the finish was dirty but big deal. You don't see wrestling like this often anymore and that was a once in a lifetime finish

He has every right to hate the finish. He paid his hard earned money for the show.

The match was really great and I actually like the finish because it gives Roode ammunition over the next weeks to say Storm can't beat him and all that jazz.

But I only payed $5 for a stream.

Storm winning at Slammiversary would be pretty excellent. I'm all for that.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Exactly. Most of the marketing on this match even talked about ten years to build a company.

Imagine if Storm won the belt on the tenth anniversary of TNA's birth?

That's exactly what I am thinking. It would be a landmark moment for the company and for Storm's legacy.