TNA Genesis 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
261355_lg.jpg

[video=youtube;39kWdH1v7kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39kWdH1v7kg[/video]

ppv1.jpg

ppv2.jpg

ppv3.jpg

ppv4.jpg

ppv5.jpg

ppv6.jpg

ppv8.jpg

ppv7.jpg

On Sunday, January 8, TNA and Direct Auto Insurance present "Genesis" live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com! The epic event takes place from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, featuring Hulk Hogan, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Rob Van Dam, James Storm and more! PPV events air on Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter Cable, Cablevision, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FIOS, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Viewer's Choice and more.

Well there's no time like the present to begin discussing TNA's next PPV, Genesis, featuring an Andy Warhol inspired Jeff Hardy acid trip poster...yay! We also already know that Jeff Hardy will be facing Bobby Roode for the TNA World Title in the Main Event, but what other matches do you think they are building towards? At this point I'm going to assume an Aries match, but who will be his opponent? Seems like a tag tournament is underway which could lead to the winner challenging Morgan and Crimson for the belts at the PPV as well. So let's start the speculation early here people. Finally, I'd like to actually see a few more people come out for the PPV LD as the turnout yesterday made me a little sad. Come on guys, let's all get in here on the 8th of January and watch. Do it or I'll throw a fit like this....

35kpldj.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Re: TNA Genesis - January 8th 2012 - Discussion

Hey guys, feel free to discuss the upcoming PPV. That's what this thread is for you know. Oh and also, they confirmed on Thursday's Impact that the winner of the Best 2 out of 3 series between Anthony Nese and Zema Ion will be the final participant in a Fatal Four Way for the X-Division Title at Genesis. The others in that match? Austin Aries (obviously), Kid Kash and Jesse Sorensen. I have to wonder if Nese is going to get in there so that it can even up the face/heel dynamic?

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Nah I see Anthony nese winning the second match then after a very competitive third, ion will pick up the victory

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Nah I see Anthony nese winning the second match then after a very competitive third, ion will pick up the victory

That's all well and good, but poor Sorensen is going to be at the mercy of three heels. Then again, Kash and Aries will probably spend most of the match trying to kill each other, so it works for Ion to spend the majority working against Sorensen. One thing's for sure, with either Nese or Ion involved, its going to be a pretty good match. Can't see Aries losing though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Why do Ion & Nese have to qualify, yet Kash & Sorensen get an automatic in? Still, nice to see two guys not seen often get a chance to do their thing on TV.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Why do Ion & Nese have to qualify, yet Kash & Sorensen get an automatic in? Still, nice to see two guys not seen often get a chance to do their thing on TV.

This is TNA remember? Why are you trying to use logic? :lol:

Kash took Aries to the limit and could technically be considered the number one contender (I guess) while Sorensen was cheated out of one of his X-Division Title shots by Kash, so he also has a reason to be in the match. I know these things have been dealt with already, but I'm using backward logic to explain it at this point.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Well the kash and Aries ending at final resolution was a cheap victory for Aries so kid kash gets to qualify automatically. And Jesse Sorensen has shown he deserves an x division title match. Also the only people left besides nese, ion, kash, Sorensen, and Aries is Brian kendrik mark Haskins Alex Shelley and Robbie e. Robbie is TV champ, to the hell with Brian kendrik, I don't know what the fuck happened to Alex Shelley. So that just leaves mark Haskins. But I don't like him cause he's a wannabe Johnny nitro

Postman Dave

Reaction score

3 matches added to the OP.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

Well the kash and Aries ending at final resolution was a cheap victory for Aries so kid kash gets to qualify automatically. And Jesse Sorensen has shown he deserves an x division title match. Also the only people left besides nese, ion, kash, Sorensen, and Aries is Brian kendrik mark Haskins Alex Shelley and Robbie e. Robbie is TV champ, to the hell with Brian kendrik, I don't know what the fuck happened to Alex Shelley. So that just leaves mark Haskins. But I don't like him cause he's a wannabe Johnny nitro

How is he a wannabe Mark Haskins? He doesnt have the same finishers, He doesnt have the same gimmick, He isn't billed from the same place. The only thing is they look alike and how can you call him a wannabe for looking like someone? Please eleborate.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

OP updated.

Can't believe I'm saying this about an Abyss match, but Monster's Ball is by far the match I'm most looking forward too.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

OP updated.

Can't believe I'm saying this about an Abyss match, but Monster's Ball is by far the match I'm most looking forward too.

I'm definitely looking forward to it, mainly because they are going to murder each other. X-Division 4 way, Mickie/Gail and Angle/Storm should be great as well. Hardy vs. Roode has potential if Hardy's up to it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I think Ray will help make this match great as he has been a stand out in TNA for all of 2011. He will make Abyss look good and in the process they will have a great match. I think it will be good. I think Roode/Hardy will be a decent match too. The only match that I think will be just ok it D-von/Pope. I am hoping that they give the xdivison match the amount of time to allow all 4 of them to get in a groove and tell a good story in the match and make it pretty interesting. The pole matches and the match last night lacked time to allow them to get going and showcase themselves.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

OP updated, TNA doesn't seem to have a clue what background image to go for with the stills.

Prediction contest is also open for those interested.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

OP updated, TNA doesn't seem to have a clue what background image to go for with the stills.

Prediction contest is also open for those interested.

I know right?! I like the ones used for Monster's Ball and the KO's title match the most.

This will be the start of the new season, correct?

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I know right?! I like the ones used for Monster's Ball and the KO's title match the most.

This will be the start of the new season, correct?

Correct!