TNA copying WWE....a good thing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Lets face it guys, the loud pyro...the gimmicks, the characters, the angles, the promos...its all to appeal to the casual fans of wrestling. Now, with that said..WWE is so popular because they dont focus on only one group of wrestling fans, they try and focus on everyone. They give the smarks what they want (sometimes) when they produce great matches, they give the casuals what they want by making the wrestlers have characters, and adding the loud pyro and great production to attract new viewers, and they give the kids what they want by having HUGE babyfaces like Cena, and before him...Hogan. WWE is popular because they have a huge fan base with smarks, casual fans, and kids. Now lets look at TNA...compare TNA now to where it was in 2005. It seems, that in 2005 their were less promos and Angles and Gimmicks and characters. In 2005 TNA lived up to their name and just gave us solid wrestling, and that is what attracted the smarks to the product.

Now, TNA isnt like that. TNA is more for the storylines...why? Because they want to attract casual fans and kids. Sure, it may make the storylines more important than the actual wrestling..but look at it this way. WWE is so popular because their fan base is filled with all those millions and millions of casual fans and kids. If TNA can tap into those type of fans, then their ratings could potentially go through the roof, and they will probably become an actual threat to WWE.

I am not saying that having Sting lose the world title after 2 days or any of those retareded booking decisions were right, but I think TNA is trying to attract some WWE fans over to their product and it may be the right thing to do

Travis40

^The first comment PeepShow....it isn't bullshit because WWE gives the kids Cena winning the title all the time. They give the smarks Jericho, they give the causal fan great matches with Hardys, MVP, Kennedy and others...

PeepShow

They give the smarks Jericho? Yeah, definetly!! ITS GOIN DOWN TONIGHT!! BANK ON IT!! :jerk:

Travis40

^It might not happen tonight, but it'll happen before the end of the year. TNA has just started to go bland for me...my favorite part of the show is always AJ promos...and that's about it. It seems they're repeating the same things, and when they're not, they're stealing already worn out ideas from WWE.

PeepShow

TNA is growing bland on you? Youve never even liked TNA. LMAO, wow....

Anyways, of course Jericho will be back by the end of the year, but if one person keeps you watching a 2 hour show, then IDK, but you have problems.

Travis40

^ I watch TNA, but I'm not taht big of a fan. I'm just saying they're starting to dick around too much and they're acting like they're the best wrestling company ever. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but when you go out of your way to talk shit about the competition (ala WCW) you're just starting to find out you have to bash someone else to get people to watch. And I don't watch Raw just for Jericho, I watch it for Kennedy, Hardy, HBK (to a lesser extent), Orton, and Santino

PeepShow

They havent talked "shit" for a while now. And when they did do that, it was trying to attract attention, which it obviously didnt. But o well. Ok, Im out for a while. Later :)

Travis40

^Well....look at TNA, they had to get a football player and they had him just stand at ringside for $25,000 an appearance....that's just bullshit and how they paid for that is beyond me. WWE did that to get attention because they were at a shitty time in in the early 90's...TNA is having problems and they lost people...so they had to get 2 hours and get Pacman to generate attention.

MTG

Reaction score
OMG you guys are babys, here is a perfectly good thread and then you both come in here with one word posts and ruin it, i mean shut the fuck up with this stupid wwe vs tna bullshit noone cares

Reaction score
^One word posts?!
Have you even read what the fuck they are saying?!
Why don't you shut the fuck up and stop bitching!

Now to the topic:
I sometimes get thoughts of TNA paying homage to WWE. (Don't ask me how, just feel that sometimes.) Think of it like this. Your 15 and you have a little brother or sister and they want to be just like you. Juts how TNA wants to be like WWE. Not to be better but to be as popular and as entertaining as them. TNA is the little sibling and WWE is the big brother. Get it?

PeepShow

^Technically, I did have a one word post. Everone just stop bitching like MTG said and post....lol

The Godfather

Reaction score
^Well....look at TNA, they had to get a football player and they had him just stand at ringside for $25,000 an appearance....that's just bullshit and how they paid for that is beyond me. WWE did that to get attention because they were at a shitty time in in the early 90's...TNA is having problems and they lost people...so they had to get 2 hours and get Pacman to generate attention.

Hmmmm, didn't WWE have Kevin FUCKING Federline run in after a WWE title match and destroy Cena? (At a PPV no less) and Also didn't those 2 in fact have a match for the WWE title? TNA did make a mistake with Pacman by putting a title on him don't get me wrong, but Pacman didn't come in for 3 appearances and get a world title shot.

-TJ-

^^:disgust1:

To the topic..........

TNA back in 2005 was great. They focus on the matches, which made WWE push there chances. Which lead to WWE beating TNA because TNA lost focus. Now TNA is trying to steal shit from WWE. It makes TNA though a cheap second rate rip off of WWE.................................

And didn't those 2 in fact have a match for the WWE title?

No.... ::kenfan

The Rated R CMStar

If TNA tries to copy the formula of succes they will fail as at least for the moment they don't have the keys or the wrestlers to pull it off. Yes, they attract the smarks, but they are stll to be appealing to the casual fan(they are getting into it) and a lot way to go to be appealing to kids, as they still don't have that Merchandisable Number One Face.