TNA Bound For Glory 2012 Standings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Results from last night.

Magnus beat Pope on Xplosion for 7 points. They are serious about pushing Magnus and I don't blame them. He's got a nice look and has impressed me a bit. I'm not a fan of Pope either so I don't mind this decision at all. Pope will probably be more in the lower end when this ends. I haven't seen the match

Jeff Hardy beat Storm for 7 points. it was an alright match but Hardy doesn't really excite me anymore. He's going to get his fair share of points because he's a big deal but once he left WWE, he just seems broken down has been. I'm not worried about Storm losing here, he needs to lose once in a while.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Love that Magnus seems to be getting a decent push, he's good in the ring, good on the mic, and fairly young too (25, I think).

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
House shows had two matches that happened for the BFG series.

Jeff Hardy pinned Christopher Daniels for 7 points. Jeff Hardy may get that 2nd spot with the way they are pushing him. It's a shame that Daniels hasn't really done much in the series. I would have liked to see him win or at least get some sort of points.

Kurt Angle made Pope tap out which doesn't surprise me. Angle is in the 20 points region which makes his match vs Samoa Joe even bigger on Sunday. I'm so pumped for that match.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think Daniels pinned Angle a couple weeks ago but yeah I don't think he's going to get much more points.

Edit: I guess it was just a count out.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
The standings have changed and Samoa Joe is in first place! I don't know how long it will last but I'm going to enjoy it as a huge Joe fan. Angle and Joe put on easily the best BFG match so far but its still early so we can't rate it yet. It was a great match that would expect from both men and I was pretty shocked to see Joe go over. TNA finally giving Joe a big time win is great to see.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just a thought, but Joe/Aries had that little mini-feud last month or whenever it was and he even picked Aries to win last night. Wonder if we could get a swerve and Joe wins the BFG Series to reignite this feud? I don't think many people complain.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I wouldn't be against that, but personally, I think what everyone picked will still go down. I think at some point soon Bobby Roode wins the belt back from Aries and Storm still wins the BFG. I think last night was a swerve because every member of the IWC thought Roode was going to hold onto the belt until BFG.

Plus after all this build, if Roode/Storm doesn't happen for the belt, then all this was for nothing.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
You both make great points but I'm not sure if Joe can really become a heel. Even when he was made as a heel, the crowd still pops for him. The feud could still happen but I just don't think the crowd will allow Joe to be a heel. I still expect Storm to win it and Roode to win it again eventually. This is a cool swerve though and props to TNA for doing something different.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Yes i would think we get Roode-Storm still as well. Roode can easily win it back. If they want to keep it on Aries though, I'd like to see Styles win this, That would be a solid bout.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
AJ/Aries would be good, but I can't see AJ winning. TNA books him terribly. And I just don't mean with this love triangle/baby daddy storyline. It's like every year with AJ, he gets the same treatment. He gets one main event push, one dumb storyline and the rest of the year he coasts.

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to Storm winnig, with Angle and Joe right behind him. I thought they had plans for Anderson, but that doesn't seem to be coming to fruition.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
I am hoping they put Joe over this time. They made him suck last time. And he needs a good main event storyline now. He has been out of it for too long. He has shown in the past that he is capable of main eventing and that too being a crowd favorite.

And, I enjoyed his heel run better. The one where he had the slight colored hair and went on destroying people? Not exactly heel, he did win on his own but he had this heel aura around him. The crowd loved him though.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
AJ/Aries would be good, but I can't see AJ winning. TNA books him terribly. And I just don't mean with this love triangle/baby daddy storyline. It's like every year with AJ, he gets the same treatment. He gets one main event push, one dumb storyline and the rest of the year he coasts.

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to Storm winnig, with Angle and Joe right behind him. I thought they had plans for Anderson, but that doesn't seem to be coming to fruition.

Anderson is horrible and that's a good thing they don't have plans for him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah Anderson has always been a midcard standard kind of guy and TNA partly due to their dodgy booking have missed the boat with him. He is costing them too much for so little return.

My picks to win this series would either be Styles or Bully Ray with maybe a guy like Magnus as a good wild card. Speaking of Ray who did piss off recently? His push has totally been killed.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
The new results from last night.

RVD beat Samoa Joe to get 7 points which still doesn't make much sense to me. It would have been nice to see Joe get a legit full push but they want to make it close. RVD just doesn't seem to have it anymore, I wouldn't want him anywhere near main event anymore. He's just too slow and out of shape but he's RVD so he'll get his wins.

Kurt Angle beat Mr.Anderson to get 7 points which doesn't surprise me. Angle will be one of the top four guys no doubt about so he needed this win.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think with the RVD win, they're trying to make it where no one gets too far ahead, which is also the same reason I think they had Hardy beat Storm. They want to keep most of the guys close