TNA Bound for Glory 2012 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Final thoughts on the card:

Aries vs Hardy: I think this will be a very good match, but it's so hard for me to look forward to it because I can't see them not giving the belt to Hardy with the way things have been booked lately.

A&8s vs Team TNA: Expecting a straight up brawl here, probably won't last much longer than 10 minutes, should be real fun. I think they've made it super obvious that Bully's gonna' swerve Sting and join A&8s thought, but I think I'd like that, especially if it got him a good main event push.

Tag Title Match: Should be extremely fun to watch, still not too keen on Hernandez & Chavo teaming though, and I wouldn't have minded WTTCOTW vs Styles/Kurt again since they've had some great matches this year. This'll be fast-paced and should be good keeping your attention throughout. Predicting Styles/Kurt to win, but I'll be cheering for WTTCOTW.

Roode/Storm: This match is the one I'm looking forward to the most easily, they've done so good at keeping this rivalry relevant while having the guys do other stuff for the better part of a year. It's one of the few things TNA has done right, but I believe this is one of the best-booked feuds we've gotten in awhile. Picking Storm, but I really don't care who wins as long as there's not some stupid swerve and we just get a great match.

Magnus/Joe: This feud has been alright so far, I think the match will be enjoyable. See Joe retaining, but I like Magnus a good bit as well, so I wouldn't mind him winning either.

Tara/Brooke: Feud has been hilariously bad with Tara's supposedly Hollywood boyfriend (who's supposed to be appearing tonight.) Match should be just fine though. Went out on a limb and picked Tara to win.

RVD/Zema: UGH! I couldn't care less about either of these guys. Zema's really turned me off of him lately just because his whole schtick is that he injured someone, which basically makes his whole gimmick that he's a sloppy wrestler. I picked RVD to win this, but I honestly just don't care.

Ryan/Snow: This one should be hilarious, that's about all I'll say.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Final thoughts on the card:

Aries vs Hardy: I think this will be a very good match, but it's so hard for me to look forward to it because I can't see them not giving the belt to Hardy with the way things have been booked lately.

A&8s vs Team TNA: Expecting a straight up brawl here, probably won't last much longer than 10 minutes, should be real fun. I think they've made it super obvious that Bully's gonna' swerve Sting and join A&8s thought, but I think I'd like that, especially if it got him a good main event push.
Tag Title Match: Should be extremely fun to watch, still not too keen on Hernandez & Chavo teaming though, and I wouldn't have minded WTTCOTW vs Styles/Kurt again since they've had some great matches this year. This'll be fast-paced and should be good keeping your attention throughout. Predicting Styles/Kurt to win, but I'll be cheering for WTTCOTW.

Roode/Storm: This match is the one I'm looking forward to the most easily, they've done so good at keeping this rivalry relevant while having the guys do other stuff for the better part of a year. It's one of the few things TNA has done right, but I believe this is one of the best-booked feuds we've gotten in awhile. Picking Storm, but I really don't care who wins as long as there's not some stupid swerve and we just get a great match.

Magnus/Joe: This feud has been alright so far, I think the match will be enjoyable. See Joe retaining, but I like Magnus a good bit as well, so I wouldn't mind him winning either.

Tara/Brooke: Feud has been hilariously bad with Tara's supposedly Hollywood boyfriend (who's supposed to be appearing tonight.) Match should be just fine though. Went out on a limb and picked Tara to win.

RVD/Zema: UGH! I couldn't care less about either of these guys. Zema's really turned me off of him lately just because his whole schtick is that he injured someone, which basically makes his whole gimmick that he's a sloppy wrestler. I picked RVD to win this, but I honestly just don't care.

Ryan/Snow: This one should be hilarious, that's about all I'll say.

Yeah it would keep the angle going (which a poster for a fourth coming ppv has hinted that it will) and also Bully is the sort of big name who could lift the groups profile.

Overall I like this card but like many I dread that Hardy is going to win the title.

Reaction score
My interest in TNA is zero, but I've got friends who swear by it and keep bugging me to watch. I'll watch a free stream tonight. The card looks absolutely terrible.

Outside of Roode vs Storm there isn't one match I see being any good.

Austin Aries as a champion is still hilarious to me. Hopefully Hardy doesn't show up drunk and stoned for this match, maybe that's asking too much.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My interest in TNA is zero, but I've got friends who swear by it and keep bugging me to watch. I'll watch a free stream tonight. The card looks absolutely terrible.

Outside of Roode vs Storm there isn't one match I see being any good.

Austin Aries as a champion is still hilarious to me. Hopefully Hardy doesn't show up drunk and stoned for this match, maybe that's asking too much.

Could you elaborate on why that's hilarious?

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on why that's hilarious?

Yeah man. He doesn't look like a champion at all to me. Just another indy guy, except Aries has a little Napoleonic prick attitude and a terrible cape. He should be in the X-Division or ROH or somewhere else where he belongs. I know lots of people are high on him, that's great and I don't take that away from anyone.

Seriously that cape is such a joke. I wish terrible things upon that dude.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah man. He doesn't look like a champion at all to me. Just another indy guy, except Aries has a little Napoleonic prick attitude and a terrible cape. He should be in the X-Division or ROH or somewhere else where he belongs. I know lots of people are high on him, that's great and I don't take that away from anyone.

Seriously that cape is such a joke. I wish terrible things upon that dude.

I'm a huge fan of Aries myself, and hell, I love the cape. If I could pull it off, I'd wear one in public all the time. I thought the way they booked him winning the title, especially the promos beforehand with Hulk was great. His title reign has been a joke though, but that's definitely not his fault, he's taken a backseat to this A&8s stuff, and will probably drop to Hardy tonight unfortunately. Behind Bully & Daniels, Aries is probably my favorite guy in TNA.

Also, I'm hoping for Jeff to show up pilled out of his mind so I can laugh at Dixie and say it should have been Bully against Aries.

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Aries myself, and hell, I love the cape. If I could pull it off, I'd wear one in public all the time. I thought the way they booked him winning the title, especially the promos beforehand with Hulk was great. His title reign has been a joke though, but that's definitely not his fault, he's taken a backseat to this A&8s stuff, and will probably drop to Hardy tonight unfortunately. Behind Bully & Daniels, Aries is probably my favorite guy in TNA.

Also, I'm hoping for Jeff to show up pilled out of his mind so I can laugh at Dixie and say it should have been Bully against Aries.

I'll be straight up with you that I saw his title win and I've seen nothing else. I really avoid TNA, even though I am a fan of guys that are there. I have tried to watch Impact several times and I usually end up groaning and turning it off in short order.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Wil be watching tonight's PPV. Looking forward to the main event.

DashX

Reaction score
I am looking forward to this PPV, Roode vs. Storm has been my favorite feud, and these two will have a hell of a match. Hardy vs. Aries should be good too, hopefully Hardy doesn't win the title.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
LMAO They not only started the match halfway through but they're doing new commentary over top of it not really doing anything for the match on the screen.

Also I swear I saw nips in the Djano Unchained trailer on spike

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm just shocked this match was the one picked. I now have a lot more faith in TNA fans.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wow Hulk is just soooooooo terrible these days. Also he and Ryder have the same facial structure that could help ryder if he can grow facial hair.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Did Aries just come out 3 minutes before the PPV or is my stream being stupid?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So weird watching a TNA show where the fans don't blindly do what they want them to. Hoping Hardy gets some boos.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Did Aries just come out 3 minutes before the PPV or is my stream being stupid?

There's a countdown timer in the top left corner do you really need to ask that question?