News TNA Announces New Hall Of Fame Inductee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Another thing, Billy Corgan inducting him? I mean the Pumpkins are a radio fav to me but with all do respect it should be Earl's son Brian inducting him. Only appropriate?

On the Jeff Jarret argument, he counts since he made the company but definitely should of not of been the 1st original inducted. Should of inducted AJ first in 2013 and not Sting, now it's all too late and AJ Wants nothing to do with TNA.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Another thing, Billy Corgan inducting him? I mean the Pumpkins are a radio fav to me but with all do respect it should be Earl's son Brian inducting him. Only appropriate?

On the Jeff Jarret argument, he counts since he made the company but definitely should of not of been the 1st original inducted. Should of inducted AJ first in 2013 and not Sting, now it's all too late and AJ Wants nothing to do with TNA.
AJ Styles? Why?

James Storm was TNA exclusive since 2002. He competed on basically every major card in it's history. He debuted on it's first show, and stayed with them all the way up till now. He should've been the true inductee for being TNA's dark horse, a true masterpiece that guy.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
People can shit all over TNA for having a Hall of Fame, and even I think it's stupid, but hey, it's here and Earl's a fitting inclusion if they have to have a referee in.

Oh and @CM Punk please tell me that is Alison Brie in your signature.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
In full seriousness, this is the biggest problem I've had with TNA's Hall of Fame:

If you're going to have a Hall of Fame, you should probably focus more on retired wrestlers than active ones.

Sting: I know he's currently 56 and he's definitely on the downside of his career, so the gripe is alleviated a bit by his age, but he was still often treated as an active wrestler, competing for titles and taking part in active wrestling roles on a semi-regular basis
Kurt Angle: Another "older guy" at a current 46, but still a guy that is mainly an active in-ring competitor (obviously, he's currently injured)
The Dudley Boyz/Team 3D: Bully Ray/Bubba Ray had just had a decent title reign as TNA World Heavyweight Champion and D-Von/Devon had appeared most recently in TNA as TNA Television Champion; they're still active wrestlers and, despite their high level of achievement throughout the professional wrestling world, don't seem really close to wanting to step out of the ring on a permanent basis (I mean, hell, they apparently are doing regular house shows in WWE right now, rather than just appearing on TV and PPV as guys with their histories could probably have demanded and gotten)
Jeff Jarrett: Probably the closest thing to a retired wrestler they were going to be able to get; he's still active, but not on so regular a basis...based on my personal criteria, he's probably the only one of the wrestlers on the list I would have picked
Earl Hebner: Like I said above, he's a good pick. He's known and he's basically out of active participation.

TNA's Hall of Fame problem is that much of their promotion's history has involved guys who made their names elsewhere (Hogan, Flair, Nash, Foley) and have been locked-in to WWE on "Legends" contracts and put into WWE's Hall of Fame, which probably prevents them from working with TNA (or other promotions) without WWE's permission. This leaves us saying guys like AJ Styles, James Storm, Bobby Roode, etc., should be in their Hall of Fame even though we're talking about guys who are in their 30's and in the primes of their active in-ring careers. Now, if they'd built some good storylines that paid off with fans and kept their home-grown talent happy (instead of throwing money at every guy WWE cuts, reality television stars, and MMA guys who might go into pro wrestling whne they're done with their active MMA careers), then it would have been possible to hold off a few more years and put AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries, James Storm, Bobby Roode, etc., who made a big chunk of their names in TNA (I know, most of those guys had tremendous indy careers prior to TNA, but...Prince Devitt, KENTA, Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen, El Generico.....I'm just sayin') into their Hall of Fame when they were getting ready to retire.

But, at least if they can stay open for a few more years, they should be able to induct Jeff Hardy at some point.

wk