News TNA Announces New Hall Of Fame Inductee

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

- TNA just issued the following:

WORLD’S MOST FAMOUS REFEREE EARL HEBNER MAKES HISTORY WITH TNA WRESTLING HALL OF FAME INDUCTION

HEBNER BECOMES FIRST REFEREE INDUCTED INTO HALL OF FAME OF ANY MAJOR PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING PROMOTION

HEBNER’S HALL OF FAME INDUCTION TO TAKE PLACE SATURDAY, OCT. 3, DURING THE ROAD TO BOUND FOR GLORY TOUR LIVE EVENT IN SALEM, VA., HEBNER’S HOME STATE

TNA SENIOR PRODUCER AND SMASHING PUMPKINS FRONT MAN BILLY CORGAN TO INDUCT HEBNER

NASHVILLE, TN (Sept. 14, 2015) – For 27 years professional wrestling referee Earl Hebner has entered millions of living rooms across the globe every week, officiating the wildest and most memorable matches and main events of wrestling’s top promotions. On Saturday, Oct. 3, in front of family, friends and fans in his home state of Virginia, Hebner, the most famous professional referee in the world, will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.

“Earl Hebner is not only one of the most recognizable personalities in professional wrestling, his passion for the sport, in-ring management skills, and ability to entertain audiences has set the standard by which all professional wrestling referees are measured,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “ It is an honor to have Earl as part of the TNA family and as the newest member of the illustrious TNA Hall of Fame.”

Hebner’s TNA Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place Saturday, Oct. 3 during The Road to Bound For Glory Tour live event in Salem, Va. Smashing Pumpkins front man and TNA Senior Producer, Billy Corgan, will induct Hebner, with TNA Ring Announcer and Hebner’s dear friend, Jeremy Borash, emceeing.

On Sunday, Oct. 4, during TNA’s biggest night of the year, the Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View event, a special segment will be dedicated to Earl’s TNA Hall of Fame induction and will feature career highlights and portions of his induction ceremony from the previous night.

Hebner will be the sixth inductee into the TNA Hall of Fame, joining Sting, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, Devon and Jeff Jarrett. His TNA Hall of Fame induction marks the first time a referee of any major professional wrestling organization has become a member of the promotion’s Hall of Fame.

“When I received the call from John Gaburick (TNA’s Executive Vice President of Television and Talent Relations) and he told me I am being inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame, I was stunned and my eyes welled up with tears,” said Hebner. “I’ve been working for 37 years for this incredible honor. It is rare for a referee in any sport to be recognized in this way, and I am proud TNA is recognizing me as the first referee to ever be inducted into a professional wrestling Hall of Fame.”

Hebner fell in love with professional wrestling during his teenage years while working concessions at the Richmond, Va., fairgrounds, where local and regional promotions would run shows every Friday night. He first became involved in professional wrestling by volunteering on the ring crew. Hebner’s foray into refereeing came about by happenstance when a referee fell ill and Earl was asked to fill in on a moment’s notice. Hebner went on to referee for Jim Crockett Promotions, and in the late 80s he made his debut with World Wrestling Federation, when he replaced his twin brother, Dave, mid-match and influenced the outcome of a title bout. Hebner made his TNA debut in 2006 where he has served as Senior Official, managing TNA’s other referees, including son Brian.

Event Information for Earl Hebner’s Hall of Fame Induction:

TNA Wrestling presents The Road to Bound For Glory Tour
Featuring the Stars and Knockouts of IMPACT WRESTLING
Saturday, Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m.
Salem, Va. – The Salem Civic Center
Tickets start at $15 and are available at ticketmaster.com

:smirk2::henry2::booker2:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Lets review the TNA HOF.

Sting - Four appearances in 2003 and then came back as a regular in 2005
Kurt Angle - Joined in 2006
Team 3D - Joined in 2005
Jeff Jarrett - This one kinda makes sense I guess
Earl Hebner - Joined in 2006

Where the TNA Originals @ doe?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lets review the TNA HOF.

Sting - Four appearances in 2003 and then came back as a regular in 2005
Kurt Angle - Joined in 2006
Team 3D - Joined in 2005
Jeff Jarrett - This one kinda makes sense I guess
Earl Hebner - Joined in 2006

Where the TNA Originals @ doe?

Eh, I'd say it's not too big a deal since this TNA HOF just seems so... thrown together? Is that the word? Hence the sarcastic "woo"
Certainly feels odd and lacks legitimacy, and this really isn't helping.
Sadly it leaves a black mark on the legacy of the company as an easy thing to point to for their love the legends and thoughts that these dudes brought all the success to TNA, not the homegrown talent.
Okay with all of these guys getting in - besides Hebner - but saying AJ Styles is the 7th most important person in TNA History? Fuck outta here.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I guess the founder isn't a TNA Original?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Where are the people who actually built the company. Jeff Jarrett didn't do it alone.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WHl0WQZ.png

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Where are the people who actually built the company. Jeff Jarrett didn't do it alone.
They'll get them when the major names are inducted first.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Meh.

If you're going to induct a referee, Earl's a good one due to his fame (I mean, it is a Hall of FAME, right?) and the inherent controversy they expect it to create (I think they're missing the pitch there, but...).

But, just for shits and giggles, let's take another look at the Hall of Fame:

Kurt Angle - Has announced he won't sign when his contract ends in 2015, rumored that he will sign with WWE for a last run (I don't know that this is a real possibility, but it's fun to talk about)
The Dudley Boyz - Returned to WWE in 2015
Sting - Signed with WWE in 2014
Jeff Jarrett - Formed a new wrestling promotion and is threatening to "take over" TNA

So, Earl to make a WWE return in 2016? I'm betting it will be because Vince wants to re-create the Montreal Screwjob for the 4,798th time.

wk

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha why does TNA even have a Hall Of Fame? What a joke.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Okay... Hebner does deserve a HOF induction... But more of it in WWE! TNA just because you induct a very famous referee into your Hall doesn't make you better or over. You need the originals in the hall like Storm and Styles and Daniels.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Meh.

If you're going to induct a referee, Earl's a good one due to his fame (I mean, it is a Hall of FAME, right?) and the inherent controversy they expect it to create (I think they're missing the pitch there, but...).

But, just for shits and giggles, let's take another look at the Hall of Fame:

Kurt Angle - Has announced he won't sign when his contract ends in 2015, rumored that he will sign with WWE for a last run (I don't know that this is a real possibility, but it's fun to talk about)
The Dudley Boyz - Returned to WWE in 2015
Sting - Signed with WWE in 2014
Jeff Jarrett - Formed a new wrestling promotion and is threatening to "take over" TNA

So, Earl to make a WWE return in 2016? I'm betting it will be because Vince wants to re-create the Montreal Screwjob for the 4,798th time.

wk
Next year's invasion angle: The Ref World Order