Titan FC 30 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
Titan FC 30 results: Vinny Magalhaes chokes out Jason Brilz for 205-pound title

Vinny Magalhaes captured his first championship in a reputable MMA organization with a fourth-round submission of Jason Brilz in the Titan FC 30 headliner from Cedar Park Center in Cedar Park, Texas.

Magalhaes (12-7) hurt Brilz (22-6-1) with a head kick early in the frame and locked in a guillotine choke shortly thereafter for the submission finish. With the win in the CBS Sports Network-televised event, the Brazilian became the first 205-pound champion in the new era of Titan FC.

The majority of the contest played out on the ground, as expected, with Magalhaes implementing his world-class grappling talents to finish the fight with a submission. Brilz used his wrestling to counter and avoided the many submission attempts of Magalhaes.

Right when it appeared Magalhaes was fading and wouldn’t be able to find the finish on the ground, he landed a big head kick on the feet. Brilz was cleared rattled by the blow and Magalhaes jumped on the opportunity to lock in the choke.

“I’ve been believing in myself a lot and I came into this fight knowing I was going to take this belt,†Magalhaes said in his post-fight interview. “I didn’t know how. I knew I was going to win. It was one of those things I wanted so bad and I ended up doing it. But I’ll tell you one thing, it was the hardest fight I’ve ever had.â€â€

Watson overcomes early onslaught, submits Gutierrez
Walel Watson (13-7) was nearly stopped by a relentless attack of Anthony Gutierrez (5-1) strikes early in the first round before he rallied to score a submission late in the frame for a stunning comeback win.

“The Gazelle†was dropped with a punch in the first 30 seconds of the bantamweight co-main event and spent the next several minutes on the bottom eating heavy blows. A confident Gutierrez attacked Watson with all his might and nearly forced referee John Shorley to stop the bout on multiple occasions.

Watson somehow maintained his composure, though, and waited for an opening. As Gutierrez got comfortable on top, Watson locked in a triangle choke/armbar combination and scored the remarkable finish.

“Honestly I don’t even remember much of it,†Watson said in his post-fight interview. “He clipped me pretty good and it was just instincts. On the ground it’s my world. I could do that s–t blindfolded. Props to Anthony, he clipped me good. But as I said, on the ground, that’s my world. I could do that blindfolded.â€

Santos arrives in title contention
Gleristone Santos (27-4) established himself as a potential contender to Titan FC’s inaugural featherweight championship with a split decision victory over Robert Washington (18-9).

It wasn’t the most exciting affair, but Santos did enough to convince two of the three judges that he deserved the victory. It didn’t come without controversy, though, as the Brazilian grabbed the fence on multiple occasions without penalty from the referee.

The 150-pound catchweight bout was a classic clash of strategies. Washington wanted to slow the action and fight on the ground. Santos did his best to keep standing and land strikes, but also worked for submissions when grounded.

Santos has now won 16 of his past 17 professional fights and could possibly face Kurt Holobaugh for the Titan FC featherweight championship at a future event.

Simpson upsets Martinez in minutes
Leville Simpson (5-1) handed Richie Martinez (3-1) the first defeat of his professional career with a dominant TKO stoppage in round one.

Simpson took the fight to the ground early and established top position. From there, the result was imminent. He attacked with strikes and Martinez was all too content with absorbing damage from the bottom while searching for submissions.

Once Simpson got into his groove on the mat, all Martinez could do was cover up until the referee waved off the action. With the win, Simpson has now won his past three bouts in a total fight time of just 5:44.

Nobre avoids scare against late replacement
Pedro Nobre (17-1-2) earned a split decision over Nick Honstein (16-8) in the main card opener after getting a handful in the form of 15 competitive minutes from the short-notice replacement.

The fight was contested almost entirely on the ground as Nobre and Honstein traded takedowns, ground control and submission attempts for the duration of the three-round bout.

Complete Titan FC 30 results:

MAIN CARD

Vinny Magalhaes def. Jason Brilz via submission (arm triangle choke) – Round 4, 0:36 – to win inaugural light heavyweight title
Walel Watson def. Anthony Gutierrez via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:02
Gleristone Santos vs. Robert Washington via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) – featherweight title eliminator
Leville Simpson def. Richie Martinez via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:56
Pedro Nobre def. Nick Honstein via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Emanuel Brooks def. Todd Moore via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Cody Williams def. Xavier Siller via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:54
Adam Nijem def. Gabriel Carrillo via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:33
Matt Mazurek def. Charles Adkinson via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:09
Kevin Troyer def. Eric Hendon via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:49
Julian Shore def. Phillip Plat via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:38

MMAJunkie