Time to Tap! August 18th WWE Superstars!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Pre-Show: After last weeks sort of lack luster show, I don't know what to expect from this one. I haven't seen a match advertised for it yet, so I'll just have to wait and see, but I have a good feeling about it.

Wade Barrett vs. Trent Barreta

Pre-Match: I hope Barreta doesn't botch as much in this match, and I'm not to keen on how their styles will mesh, but lets find out. And on a side note, Barrett has an awesome entrance coat and theme.

Match:Barrett starts off in control due to his size advantage over Trent. Trent tries to work up some offense, but is stopped by Barrett. Barretts hits a nice dropkick, and a flying forearm that give him an early lead in the match. Barrett then tosses Trent to the outside. Trent stumbles to the barricade, and Barrett tries to hit him with a big boot, but Trent moves, and Barrett gets hung up on the barricade wall. Trent starts to give chop after chop to Wade. Wade falls off the barricade, and Trent hits an awesome backflip corkscrew like dive. It looked really good. Looked like a Whisper in the Wind actually. The he follows it up but a top rope drop kick to Barrett back in the ring. Barrett makes a come back though by countering the Barreta DDT. Barreta then tries for a Hurricanrana, but Barrett catches him in the powerbomb position, and turns it into a Wasteland for the win.

Winner: Wade Barrett

Conclusion: Very good opening match. Both impressed me here, and that is always the good sign of a good match. Barreta looked way better this week then last week.

2.5/5

Brodus Clay vs. Jose Vargas

Pre-Match: So for the second week in a row, Brodus gets a squash match. This is really stupid.

Match: Brodus wins. Thats all.

Conclusion: I hate Brodus Clay. These squash matches are doing nothing for him. Not even rating it.

-Main Event tonight is Zack Ryder vs. Drew McIntyre. I like it.

Santino Marella vs. Primo

Pre-Match: It's nice to see Primo in a match. This has the potential to be an okay match.

Match: Santino locks in the headlock to start off. He then tries for a Shoulder block but Primo doesn't budge. And he tries again, nothing. And again, Primo doesn't fall. Santino gets mad because "I'mma bigger then you!" The crowd is actually surprisingly into this match. Santino tries for a hip toss, but can't get it. Then Primo tries, can't get it. Santino again, no good. Primo tries again, but nope. Not happening. The crowd is eating this up, no lie. Then the match actually starts. Primo gets a shot in, but after that Santino takes control. Primo comes back by using the steel ring post though. The ref is loud in this match for some reason. Santino hits a NICE stunner! New finisher anyone? The Santino Stunner. He then finishes him off with the Cobra for the win.

Winner: Santino Marella

Conclusion: So they mixed better then I thought they would, and the crowd was actually behind it. Nice back and forth match. Santino has always been a good worker.

2/5

-Okay....so AGAIN They show the freaking Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio match. It wasn't that good the first time...STOP SHOWING THE DAMN MATCH! Whats so important about it anyway? They took up time on NXT to show it, and now they took up time to show it on Superstars...what the hell...

Zack Ryder vs. Drew McIntyre

Pre-Match: Anytime I get to see these two in action, it's a good day. Drew looks weird...oh wait, thats right, because I haven't seen him on Raw is MONTHS. Thats sad.

Match: So they start off evenly matched, but Drew takes the lead. Drew makes a mistake by slapping Zack, and you don't do that bro! The Ultimate Broski slaps back, and hits a flap jack. Drew goes out of the ring, and Ryder hits a cross body over the ropes. Drew comes back however with a spin buster onto the Ring side. McIntyre takes control again until Ryder counters with kicking Drew into the barricade.

We come back with Drew in control, Irish Whipping Zack into the corner. Drew then has complete control for like the next 3 minutes. Drew goes for a out of ring suplexe, but instead, Ryder brings Drew's neck down on the ropes, then sends him flying over the ring post. Only gets a one count, so Ryder decides it's time for the Broski Boot! Only a 2 count though. Ryder throws up the L.I and goes for the Rough Ryder but NO! Drew turns it into a HUGE powerbomb! Drew goes for the Future Shock, but a series of two counters leads to a Rough Ryder! Ryder wins!

Winner: Zack Ryder

Conclusion: DAMN! That was a very nice Main Event of Superstars. Lot of back and forth action, and near falls. I was actually biting my nails in it. Good job to both of these superstars. In the end though, The Internet Champion, The Woo Woo Woo Kid wins, Zack Ryder. YOU KNOW IT!

3/5

Post-Show: Well, if it hadn't had been for the reply of Mysterio vs. Del Rio, and the Brodus Clay match, this would have been a damn good Superstars. We have a good opening match in Barrett and Barreta, a nice follow up match with Santino and Primo, and a good main event with Ryder and McIntyre. Over all the show was a...

6.5/10

Anyone bitching, and complaining about there not being enough good wrestling matches on Raw and Smackdown, WATCH SUPERSTARS! That's where the talent is. Young Mid-Carders, superstars with a lot of potential and talent get to have good matches, with nice lengths with superstars of their caliber. Week in a week out, Superstars always features good matches.

Stars of the Night:
1. Zack Ryder
2. Wade Barrett
3. Trent Barreta
4. Drew McIntyre
5. Santino Marella

Worst of the Night
1. Brodus Clay

Only one Worst of the Night this week, because almost everyone impressed me. 5 Stars of the Night this week. Primo also deserves an honorable mention.

Well, that sums it up, thanks for reading Time to Tap! Next editon will be coming next Wednesday for NXT!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Nice review

Santino has been using that Stunner for a while tbh, i love how he can mix any move and still look good

My Smackdown review will be up tomorrow or Monday

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I completely agree with you that if you want to watch good wrestling matches then Superstars is a must watch show. I like that some underused guys get to show their talents on the show and have more than just squash matches.

Barrett vs. Barreta was good and I hope that eventually Trent will be given a mini push. I don't expect WWE to put the WHC on him but a nice winning streak on Smackdown would be good. Yes he is a smaller guy but he is talented and has had some really good matches on Superstars and on Smackdown when given the chance. Good to see him getting plenty of offense in against a big name like Barrett.

Brodus Clay in squash matches I don't mind. They are building him back up after Del Rio went to another brand so he can gradually be brought back to Smackdown once they have a good story for him.

Santino vs. Primo I didn't enjoy that much. I think that Primo is wasted as a jobber but he is lucky to still have a job when so many others have been released.

Mainevent I liked and I wish both guys would make RAW. Both are under rated by WWE creative and it sucks that they aren't given more of a chance to show what they can do to a wider audience. Ryder vs. McIntyre for the US title is a feud I want to see happen.